Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 12/21/2005 2:15:51 PM EDT
From my point of view, they have not raised it enough - dirt-bags are still drivin' their SUV-look-at-me-I-have-no-ego (so I buy a vehicle that you believe makes me better than you), at 80MPH!

I pray that fuel costs us $5.00 a Gal by March - then too, everything else.

Sorry folks, this is not "the choir,"

LLOYD
USMC

"Many gave some, some gave all - then there's you."
..........................................................................................................................................................................

My reply...
What the hell are you talking about you knee jerk idiot.
Raising gas taxes has nothing to do with what ever your ranting about.
I would sign the petition even if I drove a Mini Cooper.
I'm tired of being gouged for money from our government and them not using it for what they say it was for.
So take me off your list and go away.
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 4:14:56 PM EDT
[#1]
Touched a nerve with that guy, did you??

Lex
Link Posted: 12/21/2005 5:45:49 PM EDT
[#2]
That's my fucking Father in law. Sometimes he's just an ass. fucking fucktard. He drives a little geo metro that gets 52mpg. I sent him off a scathing email about his response. I don't know why he had to send it off to everyone I sent the email. what an asswipe.

G- did you really send that response to him?

Link Posted: 12/21/2005 6:20:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Yep.
GLOCK-23
Link Posted: 12/22/2005 4:46:45 AM EDT
[#4]

Well lets all just ride bikes then.  I'd like to see him pull a horse trailer with his Geo Metro.  LOL.

SOME people drive trucks/ SUV's out of neccessity... and the high gas prices hurt them the worst.

But I agree, it's not so much about the money as it is that the gov isn't doing what they said they would do WITH it.  Well okay, some of it is the money.  Hmf.  It's just adding insult to injury.

What about all the truckers struggling to deliver his groceries to the store?  What about.... okay I'll shut up.

Link Posted: 12/22/2005 5:09:31 PM EDT
[#5]
No offense, but I am against any new taxes period.  If the government needs some money, start liquidating assets like every third furniture store.  They can start with the Homeland security dept, then water it down to some state employees as well.  Most are hired for thier political affiliation which ain't conservative to begin with.

And If I want to drive a damn suv the size of a tank, and taller than the eiffel tower, I am an American, and If  I can afford it, I am going to drive it, gas prices be damned.  This ban it crap really gets on my nerves.  We are either free, or not!  HIgh cap mags in the past, vehicles in the future.  Anyone who supports banning stuff just because they don't like it or becuase they can get political mileage out of it is un-American.  Liberty can sure piss you off sometimes!

Sorry to rant, I will now go back to sleep!
Link Posted: 12/23/2005 6:00:22 AM EDT
[#6]
Oh yeah!   tell it like it is G-23.  

they rob the highway trust fund to pay for crap like that teapot museum, a bunch of extra beautification work for Basnights area to "improve tourism" - of course his restaurant is right down the road there, they are placing little "welcome centers" in rest areas and the state already operates welcome centers where they should be - on the state lines, etc.  and don't even get me started on why we operate interstate outhouses anyways........

they get their precious lottery and whats their next move?  raise a tax - any tax.  never met a tax increase they didn't like.

got potholes and failing bridges?  it ain't DOT's fault - its all about the $$$.

vote the bums out.  oh yeah, and lots of us drive larger trucks and SUV's because the gov't sets a weight limit for tax purposes on commercial vehicles.    

anyway, my GMC 4x4 gets between 18.5 and 20 mpg on the highway and I PAY THE D$#% GAS BILL, TAXES AND ALL!  ain't nobody else footing my bill - i see it every month.  

its not a shortage we are facing here.  its an attitude problem with our tax and spend, control every aspect of your life liberals that keep getting elected - again - vote the bastages out.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top