Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/27/2005 9:50:02 PM EDT
My little buddy ran off at a friend's house a couple nights ago. He is well tagged, stays away from cars; usually; and has pretty long fur; Aussie mix but smaller. Does it get cold enough in the Triangle area of NC for a dog to die from exposure? During October and early November?
Link Posted: 10/28/2005 3:34:46 AM EDT
[#1]
I could see a Doberman freezing to death in NC winter, but anything with some hair should be fine. Provided they know enough to get out of the wind/rain.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 7:02:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Animal Control caught his relatively healthy butt this morning. And it was 29 last night. Thank you for the response.
Link Posted: 12/7/2005 9:08:18 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Animal Control caught his relatively healthy butt this morning. And it was 29 last night. Thank you for the response.

glad to see you got your dog back,
long hair dogs don't think you have a lot to worry about till it close to zero.

my dogs love it when it gets below zero,they really get excited.

if i had a sled they probaly would love it even more.I have siberian huskies.
Link Posted: 12/8/2005 11:00:15 PM EDT
[#4]
Apparantly he was running with a part Dobey bitch that is a graduate of SERE School. I saw her 4 seperate times while searching for him. Animal Control had her escape from a truck a year and a half ago, and they aint got her since. I'm telling everyone now, that my "Morale NCO" attended an intensive 5 week suburban survival course. In preparation for the Zombie Offensive.
Link Posted: 12/9/2005 7:35:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Where are you located at I saw a stray dobie in my front yard just the other day with another dog did could not tell what type the other was .
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 1:39:37 AM EDT
[#6]
This was in North Chapel Thrill'sville. Paper did a story on the other dog. If they ever catch her, she's got a long list of adopters.
Link Posted: 1/22/2006 1:55:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Glad you got your little Buddie back, and I bet he's glad to be back Home
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top