Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/6/2005 2:08:15 PM EDT
Bushmaster Patrolman's Carbine! - I just picked it up today and after a 4-day rifle school in December, will carry it on-duty.

Charlie 31
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:12:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Beautiful Rifle.  You are going to have fun with that one.  Do you have plenty of mags and ammo?  There is a gun show in Charlotte this weekend (if you live in the area).  Mags and accessories will be plentiful.  Hopefully ammo too.  Welcome to the world of the Evil Black Rifle.  There is no looking back now.   You have the disease.  Range report is required!

SM
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 5:33:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Sweet. ................ Congrads.... Remember the Rules. Quality Mags ( USGI ) ( LE ) and Quality ammo.  WarDawg
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:49:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Remember you need to let 350 devirginize you gun by bumping in
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 6:58:59 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Beautiful Rifle.  You are going to have fun with that one.  Do you have plenty of mags and ammo?

Ordered (5) 20-round and (5) 30-round D & H USGI magazines today!  GREAT prices on 'em!

Quoted:
There is a gun show in Charlotte this weekend (if you live in the area).  Mags and accessories will be plentiful.

Unfortuantely, I have to work this weekend.  I plan to hit the Greensboro show first of 2006.

Quoted:
Hopefully ammo too.

Looking into buying a case in the next day or two!

Quoted:

Welcome to the world of the Evil Black Rifle.  There is no looking back now.   You have the disease.

Oh yeah!  Already looking into wanting to buy a RRA AR!!!

Quoted:
Range report is required!

SM

Count on it!

Charlie 31
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 7:01:58 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Quality ammo.
WarDawg

Suggestions ?  I know (have heard) 55 grain blah blah blah, but brand ?

Thanks!

Charlie 31
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 7:40:07 PM EDT
[#6]
Congrats, nice rifle.
Like everybody said, use good mags and good ammo, it should work well for you.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 2:07:35 AM EDT
[#7]
Great Looking Weapon, congrats , hope you enjoy it, stay safe

COPDILLS
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:17:30 AM EDT
[#8]
Hey Tommy,

That's actually Walter's rifle isn't it?

Well I guess you can shoot it until yours arrives!

I'll be happy to shoot your ammo and break in that rifle for you if you'll give me a few of those magazines you ordered.  Give it some thought.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 4:55:16 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quality ammo.
WarDawg

Suggestions ?  I know (have heard) 55 grain blah blah blah, but brand ?

Thanks!

Charlie 31

I've never had any complaints with Black Hills "blue box" reloaded 5.56mm.  Dirt cheap and 100% reliable.  Georgia Arms is another "quality" reloaded brand.
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 5:59:49 AM EDT
[#10]
Sad.  Another person infected by BRD.  (Black Rifle Disease).

There is only one cure for this condition.
More Black Rifles!!!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 7:37:49 AM EDT
[#11]
Suuupppaaa!  Have fun!
Link Posted: 10/7/2005 12:59:56 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Hey Tommy,

That's actually Walter's rifle isn't it?

Nope, I have scratched my name in it with a rusty nail... all mine now!

Quoted:
Well I guess you can shoot it until yours arrives!

He can have it...when he pries it from my cold, dead fingers!

Quoted:
I'll be happy to shoot your ammo and break in that rifle for you if you'll give me a few of those magazines you ordered.  Give it some thought.

I can assure you, Jack, that I will/am not stopping at (5) 20-round mags and (5) 30-round mags!  Let me get these in and pay Walter back, then YOU AND I will go in and buy more mags!

Just get busy finding me a good damn deal on some ammo... now, go on...get on outta heah!!!

Charlie 31

Link Posted: 10/7/2005 1:01:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
I've never had any complaints with Black Hills "blue box" reloaded 5.56mm.  Dirt cheap and 100% reliable.  Georgia Arms is another "quality" reloaded brand.

I have heard the "Black Hills" name a few times now... Will check into that, thanks!

Charlie 31
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 3:15:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Sweet!  I've got the same gal except in A2.
You'll have a ball with that black rifle.

I was told and found it to be true myself, that you should avoid all but brass ammo through the break in period.
I had a round with a zinc case jamb in the reciever after firing.
Took quite a bit of doing to get it out since the ejector wouldn't pull it.
Other than that, I've not had one problem except being short on ammo, time and a place to go shoot!

Have fun!
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:35:38 AM EDT
[#15]
I think Winchester Q3131A is good ammo. Also the Walmart Winnie ( White Box ) . Now Im talking range time ammo. For SHTF you might look into some BlackHills varity. But personally I use nothing but " BRASS " ammo.Federal ammo is considered to be quality plinking ammo also. We are talking 55 grain ammo here. You can find the 62 grain ( NATO Spec ) ammo from time to time . It normally shoot well at 200 + yards vs the 55 . due to the barrel twist. I guess yours is a 1/9 or 1/ 7 ? Have fun and learn the AR system. It doesn't have to be over cleaned or over lubed. But  knowing what to wipe or lube will get you far with this rifle.  Congrads  WarDawg
Link Posted: 10/8/2005 5:05:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Sent you an IM, War...

Charlie 31
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top