Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/4/2005 2:55:12 AM EDT
I'm in the process of looking for an actual house to move into and want to do so outside of Mecklneburg county.  Anyone know of any counties in the surrounding areas that are SBR/SBS friendly (my primary interest in acquiring right now, though I would like to get a suppresor or three later on)?  I'm kind of limited in where I can live, so my only real choices are Gaston, Cabbarus, Stanly, Union, and one or two other counties.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:43:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Union county is but the current sherrif will only sign off  for a couple of specific reasons. Suppressors are the hardest to get signed for.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:10:06 AM EDT
[#2]
What might those specific reasons be?  If you want, you can just PM them to me.

Thanks
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:15:29 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 9:44:43 AM EDT
[#4]
I thnk I could use my creative writing skills and LE background to articulate that enough.  Hmmmmmm, Union county houses are kinda cheap ya know.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 4:10:25 PM EDT
[#5]
OK.  Just talked to a Class 3 dealer.  he told me that Gaston is good to go while Lincoln and Mecklenburg wont do it until hell freezes over.

Now I just need to know about Cabarrus.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:16:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Experimental/research purposes

That is the one I know for suppressors. Protection of Business is the one to  use for everything else.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:03:00 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
OK.  Just talked to a Class 3 dealer.  he told me that Gaston is good to go while Lincoln and Mecklenburg wont do it until hell freezes over.

Now I just need to know about Cabarrus.

From what I have heard, you will have no luck in Cabarrus. Iredell and Gaston will be your best bet.

SM
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 8:12:00 PM EDT
[#8]
What about Cleveland?

CRC
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 9:00:42 PM EDT
[#9]
There is a class 3 dealer in Shelby if I'm not mistaken. If that is in fact the case, I'd say you are g2g up there
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:33:26 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Union county is but the current sherrif will only sign off  for a couple of specific reasons. Suppressors are the hardest to get signed for.

Disappointed in that too.  Voted for Cathey hoping he would change compared the to jerk he replaced.  I am really getting disheartened with the local politics.  Union used to be a very conservative county, but that's slowly changing.
Link Posted: 10/6/2005 10:55:52 AM EDT
[#11]
Gaston is good about it, Bessemer City is the cheapest on housing, I got my 1700 sq ft brick house on a half acre for 99k there.  
Link Posted: 10/10/2005 11:22:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Found out that Cabrrus is out of the picture.  Looks like I'm moving to Union County or Stanly county.  Going to talk with some people in Indian trial tomorrow and get the actual low down on sign-offs while I'm over there.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 12:02:09 PM EDT
[#13]
In Tennesee they require signoffs.

We need that here.

Link Posted: 10/11/2005 12:58:25 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Found out that Cabrrus is out of the picture.  Looks like I'm moving to Union County or Stanly county.  Going to talk with some people in Indian trial tomorrow and get the actual low down on sign-offs while I'm over there.

Welcome to Indian Trail!  If you need any help, let me know.  We have a few LEOs, one rook CMPD officer, in  my neighborhood, so you should be quite welcome here.
Link Posted: 10/11/2005 1:54:18 PM EDT
[#15]
AS - I'm going to look at some houses out that way on Friday.  Are there any for sale in your area?  You can PM with the area if you want.

Also, talked with some people about the sign-offs.  They said that basically the sheriff will sign off on SBR/SBS paperwork the easiet.  I was warned to know the law and be prepared to be quized on it when I get there.  Select-fire weapons pretty much require a small business association for them to be signed off on and suppressors require a LOT of articulation.

I hope to be moved by the end of the year and have some signed paperwork by the end of january ;-)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top