Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/1/2005 6:30:52 AM EDT
Hey guys I have a bud who was  asking me some questions about Black rifles ( AK's ) . He might be leaning toward getting one. Where to go find one if I can convince him he can't live without one . LOL... I figure a few pawn shops might pick one up every now and then .But who will normally have  one on the rack ??? Im alittle North of WS. TIA WarDawg
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:45:59 AM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 5:42:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:17:49 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=8&f=34&t=186034

Thanks for th list. But he wants an intry level AK. A rommie. I advised him to buy one that you can pick up and inspect. Been there and done that with Rommies. Thanks though. WarDawg
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 6:15:20 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Hey guys I have a bud who was  asking me some questions about Black rifles ( AK's ) . He might be leaning toward getting one. Where to go find one if I can convince him he can't live without one . LOL... I figure a few pawn shops might pick one up every now and then .But who will normally have  one on the rack ??? Im alittle North of WS. TIA WarDawg

I just recently order an AR from Whetstone Army/Navy Store on S Main St in High Point.  I honestly don't know if he deals in them or not, but could give Jack a call there and see.  I know he has lots of books of rifles that he orders from.  Hope that helps!

Charlie 31
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 2:29:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Thanks... WD
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 4:18:33 AM EDT
[#6]
Check with Red at Xringprecisionrifles if you want something "special".
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 6:51:03 AM EDT
[#7]
Try "The Gun Rack" on Hwy 66 in Kernersville (near Bus. 40).  They typically have a good selection on hand.
Link Posted: 10/3/2005 11:27:06 AM EDT
[#8]
last time i was in Charlies over on 66 in Walkertown, he had a couple of AK's in the rack and a couple of AR's as well.
prices are pretty decent - its a small store on the left just past Mickey's diner, on Old Hollow Rd, which is NC66.

its a dang dangerous place to visit.  i was followed home and mugged by an EBR - or make it "my obviously better half " mugged me after i was followed home by an Entreprise L1A1.  

Carol did tempt me and i did buy.

followup:  Sandra at Charlies said they have 2 AK clones - she's pretty sure they're rommies.

Price is 415.84 - they have folding stocks and come with 2 mags.  sounds high compared to internet order from Classic arms, etc. but at least you get to handle them.  not sure what these things are running now.
or just wait til the next funshow.
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 7:03:00 AM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 5:57:36 PM EDT
[#10]
Thanks . Im going to take him out and let him shoot one of my AR's and one of the AK's and let him decide. WarDawg
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top