Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/27/2005 1:12:34 PM EDT
They have a policy that says no assult type rifles that is very specific. Yet if you read the paper there is always atleast 5 listed. Well, I'm pushhing it. I listed my Gemtech outback II can in there. Guess I'll see what happens. If anyone cares to look it's www.iwanna.com. It won't be listed until next week though.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 2:33:46 PM EDT
[#1]
I imagine they have a short list of all the 'classic' evil black rifles and know absolutely nothing about the nomenclature of civilian variants. AK-47? Heck no, I want to advertise a SAR-1 with three extra curved magazines! Our local talk radio station doesn't allow guns on the swap shop program, but they air Jim's Gun and Pawn Shop ads all day long. I've heard them play two of the blasted things in a row. It just goes to show that lawyers and money matter more than morality these days.

Galland

Link Posted: 9/27/2005 3:16:37 PM EDT
[#2]
I advertise my business in the IWANNA and I asked my sales rep about that disclaimer after the AWB sunset.  He said they were probably unaware of the sunset and said he would ask them about removing the disclaimer. Two weeks later, it was gone. They didn't run it for a while, but shortly thereafter, it came back. hinking.gif
When asked about it again, my rep said he didn't know why, but they wanted it in there for "liability reasons".

People still list evil black guns in there every week, and as long as you don't say "AR-15" or "AK-47", they won't catch it. You should be fine.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 10:07:48 AM EDT
[#3]
As stated there are "work-arounds".  My problem with iwanna is all the unsavory types trying to regain their 2nd Amendment rights that they unwisely gave up.  I haven't advertised anything in there for about 2 years now.  The last thing I listed was "Beretta M96, .40S&W - $XXX"  I must have gotten 10 phone calls with questions like "What caliber is the Smith?"  and "You selling both pistols for that price?"  

-yj
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 8:02:05 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
As stated there are "work-arounds".  My problem with iwanna is all the unsavory types trying to regain their 2nd Amendment rights that they unwisely gave up.  I haven't advertised anything in there for about 2 years now.  The last thing I listed was "Beretta M96, .40S&W - $XXX"  I must have gotten 10 phone calls with questions like "What caliber is the Smith?"  and "You selling both pistols for that price?"  

-yj

That's why you make buyers go through an FFL and fill out the 4473 for a rifle or make them produce a handgun permit for a pistol.
Link Posted: 9/30/2005 5:36:07 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

-yj

That's why you make buyers go through an FFL and fill out the 4473 for a rifle or make them produce a handgun permit for a pistol.

I am an FFL and anyone who buys a firearm from me, even from my personal collection [sic], will fill out a 4473 and get the NICS check.  My point was nearly all of the phone calls I was getting were from people who were unwilling to go through those requirements.  And, we don't have pistol permits here in SC.  This is a free state.    In addition it's against state law to for a dealer to sell a handgun to a resident of another state in a face to face transaction {SC Code 23-31-140(F)}.  I only mention that because I've had someone (from this site) offer to drive down from NC to purchase that same Beretta to save shipping and transfer fees.  
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:43:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Yellowjacket is the in the Upstate of SC (you must be to use the Iwanna in SC).

Yeah the Iwanna sucks for it's no 'assault weapons' policy.

If there is no requirement for an NICS or background check, why do it?

CRC
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 7:04:27 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Yellowjacket is the in the Upstate of SC (you must be to use the Iwanna in SC).

Yeah the Iwanna sucks for it's no 'assault weapons' policy.

If there is no requirement for an NICS or background check, why do it?

CRC

It's just CYA since I'm a dealer.  
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 12:45:04 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, they listed it, but I wussed out. I just can't sell it. I'm going to transfer it to a friend until I move back to a state where I can have it again.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 6:08:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Ah, I remember when I bought my first AK Chinese Type 56S semi out of the IWANA in Asheville in 1988.  Rifle was a fixed stock stamped Poly-Tech with folding spike bayonet, 3 30 round magazines, box, owners manuel, etc., for $360.

Damn, where did all the good old days go?

SM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top