Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/25/2005 5:26:58 PM EDT
Anyone going to hit the Fayetteville show this next weekend. I am going to try if money isn't too tight or gas doesn't jump through the roof.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 4:18:58 AM EDT
[#1]
I am trying for Sunday. I'd like to get to Charlotte Saturday for the Max show.
Link Posted: 9/26/2005 6:51:03 PM EDT
[#2]
We'll be there all weekend working, stop by and say Hi. Look for the Swiss rifle sign, left side of center, mid way back.
Link Posted: 9/27/2005 1:20:19 AM EDT
[#3]
Is anyone from New Hanover going on Saturday? I'd be glad to chip in for gas.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 4:41:25 AM EDT
[#4]
I'll be there Saturday. meeting the guys from Del-ton to pick up a kit.
Link Posted: 9/29/2005 3:52:56 PM EDT
[#5]
I'll try to get there on Saturday.

I'm supposed to be flying out of town on Sunday, not sure I have any cash but what the heck, it's never stopped me before.
Link Posted: 10/1/2005 6:07:58 PM EDT
[#6]
[comic book guy voice] Worst Gun Show Ever![/end comic book guy voice]

If I hadn't been there solely to pick up a kit from the good folks from Del-Ton I'd be really pissed right now. Everything was way overpriced. DPMS stripped lowers for $140! Went to Jim's and got one for $90.  That's insane. Not a very big selection this time around and a lot of the regular vendors seemed to have stayed home. Was really looking forward to catching up with the guy that sells the hot spicy fried peanuts. Anyone got his website? My buddy did get a really nice K98 though. For anyone reading this contemplating going Sunday, don't bother.

I had a better time down at Guns Plus big sale. Ammo was a lot cheaper too, not to mention I got a ton of tickets for the drawing tomorrow. Note to all in the Fayeeteville area, Guns Plus has ammo on sale, major sale. Picked up 4 cans of 250 rnds of .223 and one can of .45acp for $40 each. For anyone that has seen their bulk stuff but hasn't tried it out now is the time. I can testify that both the .223 and .45 is good stuff. Plus every $10 you spend gets you a ticket for the drawing tomorrow at 1700.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:26:05 AM EDT
[#7]
Sounds like a good thing I spent the day with the youngest putting wood treating on the swingset.

Where is this "Guns Plus" of which you speak?

Jim's cheap? Ehhh, I'm not enamored of Jim's plus there's been some behind the back dealing from that crowd trying to get Gunshows shut down/banned. I've never gone back after that one.

But I get your frustration at the pricing, good thing you're an educated consumer no?
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 4:39:15 AM EDT
[#8]
Guns Plus is on 87 north of Spring Lake. I will check out their sale after the show.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 5:21:38 AM EDT
[#9]

Jim's cheap? Ehhh, I'm not enamored of Jim's plus there's been some behind the back dealing from that crowd trying to get Gunshows shut down/banned. I've never gone back after that one.

I'm not a big fan of Jim's myself but they do have the best price in town for AR lowers. I mainly go there to look at the new guns, shop for used guns.

Shooters is where I go to buy new guns. Best prices on new guns in town. Guns Plus is where I go for ammo.

I'll occasionally stop into some of the smaller shops to look at used stuff as once in a while there's a good find but those are the big three I go to.

U352 has it right. Definitely worth the trip out there for the sale.
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 11:24:55 AM EDT
[#10]
Thanks for the tip on Guns Plus, AA. I picked up a can of .45, .40 and .223 each. I also got free pizza and soda! The show was slow but I did get a 20rd mag pouch from esse.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top