Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/21/2005 6:51:41 PM EDT
Anyone ever hear of James Mayo?  I have been told that he is a reputable AK builder in the Charlotee, NC area.  He is actually located in The Gastonia area  I think.  Scott at DPH speaks very highly of him.  I am thinking of having him complete my next build.  Any infor. would be great.

SM
Link Posted: 9/24/2005 4:50:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Let me know if you find James, I may need his assistance as well.
Link Posted: 9/28/2005 1:59:59 PM EDT
[#2]
SandyMush?  You out in the sticks outside of Asheville?   Haven't heard that reference in a while.....

-HS
Link Posted: 10/2/2005 1:25:30 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Anyone ever hear of James Mayo?  I have been told that he is a reputable AK builder in the Charlotee, NC area.  He is actually located in The Gastonia area  I think.  Scott at DPH speaks very highly of him.  I am thinking of having him complete my next build.  Any infor. would be great.

SM

James Mayo owns/runs CMP Armory out of Dallas (just north of Gastonia).   Great guy....excellent smith!  I'm good friends with one of his assistants, John Glover ("moses" on the various gun boards).
Don't have James' e-mail addy off hand, but you can contact Johhny at [email protected]

Tell him "SrBenelli" sent ya'!
Link Posted: 10/4/2005 8:28:12 AM EDT
[#4]
I got a Russian AKM build that James Mayo built for the guy I traded for it. It is top notch quality and I don't think it was cheap. The build quality is better than any other kit build I have seen.
Link Posted: 10/5/2005 5:55:13 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
SandyMush?  You out in the sticks outside of Asheville?   Haven't heard that reference in a while.....

-HS

Yes.  I am originally from that part of the sticks outside of Asheville.  Unfortunately I now reside  outside of Charlotte in the stickless and great Peoples Republic of Mecklenburg County.

God I miss my mountains.

I get up to Sandy Mush/Leicester every now and then.  Mostly to shoot on my relatives farmland.  I would like to get together with other people in the area to shoot sometime.

SM
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top