Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/14/2005 5:49:07 PM EDT
Anyone stopped in yet?  I drove by (on I-40) and noticed the sign stating they were NOW OPEN.

I'm not familiar with this chain.  Worth stopping in?

Lex in NC
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:28:55 PM EDT
[#1]
i went there a couple times.  HUGE gun section.  my friend works there too.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 7:53:39 PM EDT
[#2]
It's a nice store.
Not as big as Bass Pro Shop, but they have a super selection of shotguns and rifles: Weatherby, Remington, Benelli, even the higher end $2000 range over and unders.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:21:42 AM EDT
[#3]
heard on the radio that they have over 1500 firearms in stock
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:28:34 AM EDT
[#4]
I stopped in last night and looked around.  My wife was with me and didn't want to be there so you know how much "looking" I really got to do.  They have a great selection of firearms, and even have alot of used ones at pretty good prices.  I spot checked a few new guns that I am looking at for myself.

Marlin Guide 45-70             $459.  It is $419 at Dicks
S&W1911 (the most plain) $799.  It is $679 at my favorite shop in K-ville.
Cricket for my son                $99.   Same as Wally World.

They also have almost all the other stuff that Bass Pro has.  Camp and cookware, fishing, archery, and a good selection of safes.  Prices on ammo was pretty good from what I looked at.

I ended up buying 2 leather "ball" bags.  Get your mind out of the gutter.  They are for ammo when me and my son hunt with blackpowder.   We both use flintlocks.  We also got an extra powder flask.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 7:19:51 PM EDT
[#5]
The do have a good selection, but I would definately check out prices before buying anything. The do have sales once in a while too though. Theres one near my moms house in NY.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 8:28:48 PM EDT
[#6]
where in Greensboro is it?  Near the mall?
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 2:49:00 AM EDT
[#7]
Gander is behind the mall (4 seasons @ Koury Center??).  It's at the exit for High Point Rd.

Lex
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:30:55 AM EDT
[#8]
I have been to Gander Mountain.

They DO NOT sell AR-15s.

They do sell most else.

CRC
Link Posted: 9/16/2005 9:58:10 AM EDT
[#9]
There are several guys from my fire department that are working there.  They told me there will be a pretty good sale on firearms starting the middle of next week when they have the grand opening.  

They also said there is a load of used guns coming down from NY state that will fill up all the racks that were empty the other night.  Supposed to be alot of good stuff for GO.
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 7:30:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Gander Mountain sent our FD a form saying if you went last night between 6-9pm, you would get 10% off your purchase with fire department ID.

Down at the bottom of the flyer it said.......Does not include firearms, ammo, bows, fishing poles, ATV's, electronics, safes and a couple of other things.

Got me some turkey jerkey for 10% off......wwwhhooooooooo
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 10:57:33 AM EDT
[#11]
i just picked up some wolf ammo for cheap.  see how this junk shoots in my AR
Link Posted: 9/21/2005 11:03:08 AM EDT
[#12]
"Does not include firearms, ammo, bows, fishing poles, ATV's, electronics, safes"
Dang! Coupon isn't good for much other than food, is it?
Link Posted: 9/22/2005 12:09:54 PM EDT
[#13]
Nope, but that turkey jerkey hit the spot.  I went back last night and had some time to look.  They have a lot of nice stuff.  I just question the prices on some of it. They had probably 10 (870's Police used) shotguns.  All in the $200 range that didn't look bad at all.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top