Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2005 4:30:50 PM EDT
There is a gun show this weekend, not sure where in Charleston though.  Does anyone have info about it?  Anyone going?
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 5:30:43 AM EDT
[#1]
Exchange Park in Ladson.

I'm planning on being there Saturday.

My wife asked, "Why are you going?  You complained about it last time you went."

I said, "Yeah, but it's the only dance in town."

I've heard that the one at Jamil in Columbia is good.  I'll have to watch for it.

ETA:  Do you want to try to meet there?  I'm not going to wear a rose for you to pick me out from the crowd!
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 1:51:15 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
ETA:  Do you want to try to meet there?  I'm not going to wear a rose for you to pick me out from the crowd!

Sure, but I think the rose is mandatory

I think I'm getting there around noon.  I'll be helping disabled kids play baseball that morning.  
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:04:04 PM EDT
[#3]
ill be there saturday opening until im bored. arfcom needs its own booth

edited to add: brohawk we met before, but ill be wearing my "tactical" bright green tshirt and have a maxpedition m1 on my side as always so im easy to spot in the crowd if anyone wants to chat.
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 4:47:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I got the same speech from the wife and provided the same response.

I will be there.

-GC
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:09:53 AM EDT
[#5]
I was thinking of how I could be easy to pick out of a crowd and decided on my red Hawaiian shirt with black flames.  

That would make me easier to spot than if I wore woodland cammo BDUs with jerky hanging out of the pockets.

Sorry about the rose.  I only do that for formal occasions.
Link Posted: 9/15/2005 4:15:00 AM EDT
[#6]
I was planning on going in the morning.  How long I stay is a big question mark, but I usually browse at a gun show a lot more than when I'm shopping for jeans.  

I'm going to hit the Flowertown Diner in Summerville (on 78 just below Main St.) at about 0800 for breakfast in case anyone wants to join me for coffee.
Link Posted: 9/17/2005 9:21:46 AM EDT
[#7]
went to the show. nice to talk to you again brohawk. didnt find anything i wanted so i ended up driving over to traders world. they had the CAI import imbel receiver fal ive been wanting for 500$. only ONE fal at the entire gunshow and it was also a CAI, but the guy wanted 900$ for it. so i brought home a new FAL from traders world. wasted 7$ to look at expensive crap again but oh well.

they did have 75 and 100 round chinese AK drums for only 100-150$ which is an ok price.
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:00:47 AM EDT
[#8]
I wasn't even able to go.  My car is acting up and none of my friends wanted to go

I'm looking at this though     http://ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=21&t=296747
Link Posted: 9/18/2005 11:26:38 AM EDT
[#9]
I have to agree with Legonas, if you didn't go, you didn't miss much.
Link Posted: 9/20/2005 3:39:37 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
...i ended up driving over to traders world. they had the CAI import imbel receiver fal ive been wanting for 500$. only ONE fal at the entire gunshow and it was also a CAI, but the guy wanted 900$ for it. so i brought home a new FAL from traders world.

OK, the envy starts now.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top