Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/9/2005 7:19:14 AM EDT
Anybody catching anything inshore/piers?
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:55:29 PM EDT
[#1]
Reeldoc,   I'm not a fisherman but a friend of mine is really into fishing.  I'll give him a call and see whats up.  It might be Sunday before I can get up with him.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 9/9/2005 5:58:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Headed down there tomorrow. Will be fishing the Cherry Grove or Apache piers if anyone wants to buy me a beer :)
Link Posted: 9/10/2005 8:00:23 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 3:57:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm back.......friggin hurricanes! Blues and sharks were the only things on the pier fishing menu. Trailer parks, tree limbs laying on power lines, wind and 2 1/2 year old grandsons don't mix. Got the hell out of there about 14:00.

I started fishing Morehead City/Atlantic Beach in 1960 and fished it hard until 1994. Fished the Hardee's tournaments for about 8 years. Started going to Ocean Drive in 1992 for the shagger get together and found out there is some damn good fishing down there.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 6:10:33 PM EDT
[#5]
man....i haven't been pier fishing in years. my dad and i used to go to 2nd ave pier in MB all the time. But now work and life in general get in the way. I miss those days. May have to break out the rod and reels, call up the old man and spend a day on the pier.. after this storm.
Link Posted: 9/13/2005 9:08:08 PM EDT
[#6]
I couldn't get up with that friend of mine, turned out he was out fishin'!

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 9/14/2005 2:53:37 AM EDT
[#7]
Marc, as soon as that wind shifts back to the SE and gets down to about 10 you need to be sitting on the end of the pier with a live bait in the water waiting for that king to show up. The water is nasty now but when the wind switches a couple of tides will clear it up. The pogies and mullet probably will come back out of the inlet and head down the beach. I'll probably be back down there on 10/10. Usually fish the Cherry Grove pier even though it's all FUBAR with the construction around it.

The blues were eating other blues on Sunday. No fish at all on Monday, couldn't catch any bait at all. We had 4 live blues left in the tank from Monday and they didn't last long on Tuesday with all the sharks in the water. We lost those 4 by 12:00 and the wind got up to around 35. Pulled my shit in and headed back to Ocean Lakes.

Being 51 years young I can sit and talk for hours about the good old days of fishing. If you don't get back to it now, any fishing at all is going to be a memory for you also.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top