Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2005 1:29:28 PM EDT
The one I have gone to the last three years is not avaliable this year.
Anything within an hour of Winston Salem would be fine.
Me and my sons would appreciated it.
Thanks.
GLOCK-23
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:51:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Glock, if you get any bites let me know also. So long as there's no drinking and low shots I'm happy.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:19:32 PM EDT
[#2]
i'd be in as well.  i didn't hit squat last year - had fun though!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:43:32 AM EDT
[#3]
As of now ,it looks like I might have a place in Caswell County...If there are any openings left I'll let ya'll know.
GLOCK-23
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:26:05 AM EDT
[#4]
There is a shooting preserve in Caswell county on Hwy 119. Don't know the prices, but it may be worth it for a group of (safe) folks.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:06:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Glock23, there's a couple State Game Lands areas in Caswell open, from about 10 acres to 30 acres. I've hunted on them in years past.
Go the NC Wildlife Resources page and you can find directions. I'll probably go there, I don't have anywhere else to hunt right now, either.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:22:42 PM EDT
[#6]
These gameland fields,how safe are they?
Can I hunt them with just a "Sportsmans"license or do I need a gamelands permit?
JC which one are/do you go to?
Thanks.
GLOCK-23
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:11:45 AM EDT
[#7]
You'll need a gamelands license for sure.

Quoted:
Can I hunt them with just a "Sportsmans"license or do I need a gamelands permit?
Thanks.
GLOCK-23

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:34:19 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
GLOCK-23

As far as safety, I've never hunted them on opening day, usually in the week after the season opens.
Probably the usual mix of good/bad hunters. The few other hunters I've encountered after opening day were pretty safe.
I think you'll need a gamelands license in addition to the state hunting license.
The fields look pretty good, though I've never gotten many birds there.

I've hunted the following:

Burton Chapel Road (SR 1736) – From Yanceyville, take Hwy 62 south approx. 3 miles. Turn left on Burton Chapel Road (SR 1736). Continue approx. 3 miles to fields on both sides of road. Approx. 18 acres seeded to corn, millet, milo, sunflower, and wheat.

Frogsboro (SR 1710) – From Yanceyville, take Hwy 86 south approx. 5 miles. Turn left and travel north on Hwy 119 for approx. 1 mile. Turn right on Grier’s Church Road (SR 1710). Travel approx. 0.5 mile and turn right on graveled game land road across from the church. Approx. 15 acres in three fields seeded to corn, millet, milo, sunflower, and wheat.

Scott Tract (SR 1600) – From Yanceyville, take Hwy 86/158 south approx. 2 miles to their split and then take Hwy 158 east approx. 1 mile. Turn left on Brown Road (SR 1600) and travel approx. 1 mile. Turn left on graveled game land road and continue approx. 1 mile to gates. Dove area is approx. 100 yards behind gate on right. Approx. 30 acres seeded to corn, millet, milo, sunflower, and wheat.

Old 62 (SR 1156) – From Yanceyville, take Hwy 62 south approx. 1 mile. Turn right on Harrelson Road (SR 1746). Travel approx. 2 miles to stop sign and turn left on Badgett Sisters Parkway (SR 1156). Continue approx. 1 mile to fields on both sides of road. Approx. 24 acres seeded to corn, millet, milo, sunflower, and wheat.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top