Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2005 2:39:46 PM EDT
Here's the deal:
Leaving Ohio and a sneaky bitch. Relocating back home to lick my wounds. I have a BS in Natural Science. Have worked as a teacher & teachers aide. No criminal record, USMC veteran. Overweight but in plausible shape for my age.
Hessian-1

edited to remove childish comment.  All in all she's been ok, Iguess I owe her an apology.
H-1
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:09:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Look here http://www.ncpublicschools.org/employment/

How long have you been out of the corps I got out on a medical discharge in 1990 after almost 7 years
looking forwad to meeting you and welcome back home.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:55:55 PM EDT
[#2]
you can also go to any school systems website by entering http://www.name of county.k12.nc.us .... for example catawbe county = www.catawba.k12.nc.us... NCDPI has a page that lists links to every county and allows you to post an on-line application to be sent to specified counties or to every county in the state...  charlotte is short 40+ teachers right now, lincoln is experiencing no shortage, I just filled a half time science position in Alexander County... the high school is fully staffed, not sure about the middle & elementary schools... I've been real happy as an AP for Alexander Central!  best of luck!  I think my status as a disabled USMC vet helped open some doors for me... don't be shy about that part of your background... you can also do a search for "troops to teachers"...
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:05:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Welcome Home! Sorry about the circumstances though
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:11:19 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:48:22 AM EDT
[#5]
What part of WNC are you looking for? I am from Haywood County, gonna be away for a while........
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:18:40 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
What part of WNC are you looking for? I am from Haywood County, gonna be away for a while........

Avery/Watauga county! I also know a little about Haywood county having done some geneology research there!(One of my ancestors founded Clyde, his first name was "Jacob") Stay safe!
Hessian-1
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:28:10 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Avery/Watauga county! I also know a little about Haywood county having done some geneology research there!(One of my ancestors founded Clyde, his first name was "Jacob") Stay safe!
Hessian-1

I live in Clyde.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:36:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Try usajobs.opm.gov. The VA here is always hiring. Being a veteran will make it a little easier for you. And they usually pay pretty well.
Link Posted: 9/1/2005 9:53:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Well fellas I have an interview tomorrow morning with the school board(Avery county) Wish me luck! It's good to be home!
Hessian-1
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 2:21:01 AM EDT
[#10]
good luck with the interview. I spent 5 years in Avery county and 1 night in the jail there. A very nice area to live
Link Posted: 9/2/2005 8:53:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Well fellas I have an interview tomorrow morning with the school board(Avery county) Wish me luck! It's good to be home!
Hessian-1

Good luck hug.gif
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top