Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/22/2005 6:51:52 AM EDT
Anyone have these guys build an AR or even just an Upper before?  Their stuff looked good at the last show, but I want a tack driver and they quoted me over $3500.  Little steep.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 9:35:04 AM EDT
[#1]
All the prices were steep at the gun show this past week end. I saw a lot of ARs on table with sky high prices. I came home a checked a couple of websites and found that a few of the rifles were close to double. I also noticed that older surplus rifles were carrying a higher price too, considering the condition.
Link Posted: 8/22/2005 10:23:08 AM EDT
[#2]
I have not dealtwith Altamont before - and probably wouldn't either.  Nothing against them at all - It's just that when you live in he same town as Keith "Red" Plemons there isn't much need in going anywhere else.  Just my honest opinion...

And BTW - Gun show prices are ludicrous.  i dont know how they sell anything at all..
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 4:02:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Altamont is outrageous! I went to Fayetteville show back in Feb. and he quoted me $2500 for a Mk12 Mod0 upper. That was just the damn upper assembly! I looked at him and asked him if he could sell me a pound of what he was smoking. By my price est. a Mk12 Mod0 upper should only cost no more that a $800 to build. Someone can correct me if I am wrong but he should keep his non-Class 3 stuff at home with prices like that. I remeber Red when he worked for Dave @ BRW and he seemed to be a good huy to deal with.
Link Posted: 8/23/2005 5:16:25 PM EDT
[#4]
I bought a Vltor stock tube and Phantom FS from them at a show last fall.  Paid roughly market price after negotiating, but didn't have to pay shipping.  Their prices for uppers were outrageous, and they didn't have anything that the dealers on the ARFCOM EE don't have.  Talk to Red if you need something custom built.  

$800 for an SPR upper is low end; I'm thinking the PRI rail, PRI FUFS, ARMS rail and ARMS #40L will cost that much alone.  You still need a barrel, upper receiver, B/BC/CH and muzzle device, but you're still under $2500.  
Link Posted: 8/24/2005 6:49:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:52:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Darrell <sp carries alot of stuff you just aint going to find on many mom&pop's gun show table...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top