Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/9/2005 3:42:02 AM EDT
Im probably attending this school when returning from overseas in Jan. Are there any matches/ ranges nearby? What would you reecomend for gun storage since ill be living at a school and it's illegal to own? Anybody have experience with this? Live around there?

Thanks for the info
Scott

Link Posted: 8/9/2005 7:02:55 AM EDT
[#1]
While there are no ranges in Chapel Hill, there are a number of options close by. I belong to the Durham County Wildlife Club, which is in the next city to the East. This mostly a clay club (I believe we are hosting the state skeet tournament, but we have a rifle/pistol range, and hold informal pistol matches every Tuesday night. The rifle rangle is limited to rimfire only though.

The closest high power range is probably the Durham Rifle and Pistol Club, which is not in Durham, but maybe 20-30 miles west of Chapel Hill (not exactly sure, as I have not been there).

There are also some clubs around Raleigh, and the National Guard range in Butner. There is a club in Oxford that runs IDPA, and I believe three-gun as well.

Not sure the best way to store your guns while living on campus.
Link Posted: 8/9/2005 8:17:30 AM EDT
[#2]
I thought that EVIL guns were outlawed in CH
Link Posted: 8/10/2005 3:53:20 PM EDT
[#3]
scotchrick05, email me for some info on a local range or two.

Rob Noel
rob @ unc . edu

Link Posted: 8/11/2005 7:25:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Check out The Range
Link Posted: 8/16/2005 8:31:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I live in Carrboro, to go to school at UNC CH, but I live off campus so I can keep all of the evil toys here in the safe.  If you come here, let me know, I can give you the low down.  Gun storage is tough.  Best thing is probably to leave them with your parents or a friend until you can move off campus.  Or rent a storage facility somewhere, but that can be pricey.  Evil black rifles are banned in CH and carrboro, but the state preemption law makes it a moot point.  It's nothing but a city resolution to make the local leftists feel good about themselves.  
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 3:03:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
While there are no ranges in Chapel Hill, there are a number of options close by. I belong to the Durham County Wildlife Club, which is in the next city to the East. This mostly a clay club (I believe we are hosting the state skeet tournament, but we have a rifle/pistol range, and hold informal pistol matches every Tuesday night. The rifle rangle is limited to rimfire only though.

How often you shoot at DCWC dmin?  Looking for a regular skeet shooters on Sunday mornings
Link Posted: 8/17/2005 6:21:32 PM EDT
[#7]
There is a range on Buckhorn Road, off I 85 just before Alamance County.

I have never been there but folks who have seemed to like it.

About 23 mins from the Hill.

thanks,

nct

Go Heels!
Link Posted: 8/18/2005 5:51:01 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
There is a range on Buckhorn Road, off I 85 just before Alamance County.

I have never been there but folks who have seemed to like it.

About 23 mins from the Hill.

thanks,

nct

Go Heels!

I shoot at DPRC, which is in the same area.  It's 20 minutes from my door via NC 54.  I have never been to the Buckhorn Rd. range, but I really like DPRC.  
Link Posted: 8/21/2005 2:36:35 PM EDT
[#9]
it's 63 miles according to mapquest but www.range-1.com is a range and gunshop and will let you store your firearms in a locker you keep the key to.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top