Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/19/2005 11:42:46 AM EDT
Anyone in the Ocean Isle area?  I'll be out there in the middle of June and I was just curious how many members were near that area.
Link Posted: 5/19/2005 1:15:51 PM EDT
[#1]
I don't know if any of us NC crew are down that way, but while you are there make sure you get one of the local ferries to take you over to Cape Lookout.

Best place on the NC coast IMO

the only things there are the lighthouse and an old abandoned Coast Guard station.
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 3:54:41 PM EDT
[#2]
I was living on Topsail Island before I got deployed.  I think there's one other member in Wilmington.  The beaches in the southern half of NC are almost as nice as the Outer Banks, but not as far a drive from everywhere and a little more developed.  Ocean Isle is close to Myrtle Beach, but a good haul from Cape Lookout.  To take the ferry you have to get to Beaufort (NC) which is about 3 hours from Ocean Isle.  I didn't get to check out many of the beaches, I was there in the fall/winter.  

Cape Lookout National Seashore

Moores Creek National Battlefield Little-known battle (at least to me) between British Loyalists and rebels/patriots/whatever in early 1776.  I'm gonna check it out when get back.  About 60 miles from Ocean Isle; in case it's bad beach weather.  

Honestly that's the only thing I saw of interest besides the beach.  One indoor range in Wilmington, and an outdoor one in Jacksonville, neither spectacular.  
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:37:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I was thinking about Emerald Isle, sorry
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top