Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/18/2005 11:47:25 AM EDT
Yesterday my wife and I called on the couple that lives across the street from some acreage I own. We stopped to give them some fresh strawberries as they have small kids who we thought might enjoy them.
They related to me that the previous evening the wife and two small kids were walking by the pond when the neighbor man appeared wearing a long coat. Note that this pond is a ways back into the woods. He smiled and pulled the bottom of it apart revealing his cockNballs to the woman and two small children. This scared the woman who immediatly left the AO.

Now comes the funny part....the woman carries a .38spl with ratshot while walking. Smart idea as copperhead snakes are common in the NC woods.
She told me she briefly considered shooting the guys package with ratshot at 10 ft! That would have hurt....I wish she had done it. However, since she only had ratshot and two small kids, she did the right thing by immediatly leaving the situation.  

Once she returned home she called the PoPo. They ascertained that this guy has had similiar incidents in the past.

The husband was all geared up to dispose of the neighbor (gear includes shovel, .22lr and wheelbarrow) when I convinced him that it would be best to envoke the 48hr rule (wait 48hrs before action). He concured and stood down for now.

So, whats the arfcom opinion? Is this a mental illness that causes behaviour like this...or is the guy a pervert sicko who needs to be shot and shoveled?
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 12:30:37 PM EDT
[#1]
It is a mental illness that causes behaviour like this...the guy is a pervert sicko who needs to be shot and shoveled..
he should be told that that behavor will not be tolerated,and if it happens again its shovel time.......

the only reason he gets the second chance ...is the time laps in reason/opportunity.........
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 12:41:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Weird.... I don't know what I would do but I sure wouldn't want to see a set of old-man-balls.

You can bet that things will get worse. The next "high" for him will be touching the little kids or something.

Nip it in the bud while you still can.

ETA - Ooops, sorry didn't mean to barge in on the HT forum
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 12:53:23 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
It is a mental illness that causes behaviour like this...the guy is a pervert sicko who needs to be shot and shoveled..
he should be told that that behavor will not be tolerated,and if it happens again its shovel time.......

the only reason he gets the second chance ...is the time laps in reason/opportunity.........

Sorry - you failed the test - the correct answer is "there is no second chance" - action and justice now, not after the next failure of the system.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 1:06:02 PM EDT
[#4]
I really don't know.  Is there any reliable evidence that someone that exposes themselves also takes more aggresive actions like molesting or the like?

I just don't know.

In any case I would NOT be shooting and shoveling over this.  Find out how LONG his priors are.  if they are 20 years then so what?  Flashing is a far cry from molesting.

However, if someone here can point to a legitimate study that shows flashing leads to molesting I will revise my opinion.

Link Posted: 5/18/2005 1:24:05 PM EDT
[#5]

also takes more aggressive actions

My wife worked for the state for years, and ran into many nutcases like this guy.  According to her, if the guy is timid when he does it, then he'll probably never become aggressive enough to touch someone.  She claims it's lack of guts that leads men to doing things like that in the first place.  They're too afraid to approach a woman so they do other weird things due to their sex drive.  If they're a gutless wimp, I wouldn't worry them that much.

However, if the guy shows any aggressive behavior then my wife is of the opinion that shooting the guy is the solution.  For her, there is no in between.z
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 1:25:36 PM EDT
[#6]
if it happens again instruct the lady to use psy ops on him, have her point to the guys package, laugh out loud and say look kids, it looks like a penis, only smaller

simple answer, doesn't matter if this guy uses the excuse that he needs help, sss
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:20:43 PM EDT
[#7]
Report this to the police, and DEMAND prosecution.
This guy is dangerous, flashing is a manifestation of serious psychological/sexual illness.
Nobody has proved that flashing "leads" to molesting, but molesters almost always start with flashing.
I investigated sex crimes for several years, this guy is unpredictable and therefore dangerous.
Do not let this go unreported.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 2:46:34 PM EDT
[#8]
pervert/potential violent sexual predator.
Link Posted: 5/18/2005 6:10:26 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
if it happens again instruct the lady to use psy ops on him, have her point to the guys package, laugh out loud and say look kids, it looks like a penis, only smaller

howdy tequila!  thats pretty dang funny.

i would have to agree with report it, demand prosecution now and get a run down on his rap sheet one way or the other.  be sure to check the sex offenders list on the SBI site - he may be on it.

do not utter threats or anything that he could use against you - gotta watch for his lawyers - only thing i'd even consider saying is that "it would be a shame for something tragic to happen to the man - exposing tender parts in public and such.  but its sure to happen if he ever repeats it - bad kharma ."  maybe he'd get the point to keep richard and the boys inside next time.

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:16:10 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
I really don't know.  Is there any reliable evidence that someone that exposes themselves also takes more aggresive actions like molesting or the like?

I just don't know.

In any case I would NOT be shooting and shoveling over this.  Find out how LONG his priors are.  if they are 20 years then so what?  Flashing is a far cry from molesting.

However, if someone here can point to a legitimate study that shows flashing leads to molesting I will revise my opinion.

Holy crap! Throwing your dong out at kid's to get a hard on IS CHILD MOLESTATION! A guy can get time for looking at pictures of a 17 year old on the web, for Christ sake. This sick fuck probably has already done worse and has not been caught. I do not give a shit about mental illness or what his dad did to him. He should be hung from a tree

Slacker,
Have you tried any local media outfits? Try, try, try.. Call them, send them e-mails, and letters. This is another one of those "just waiting to happen" things and it probably already has, it is just nobody has come forward. This guy is a predator in the worst form.

Samuel

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:25:17 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
pervert/potential violent sexual predator.

Link Posted: 5/19/2005 10:46:08 PM EDT
[#12]
I've been to that property.  It's not like the guy could disappear into a crowd, which tells me he wasn't hinking of escape and avoidance.  There's only what, four houses?  The guys a nut job, and he's being pretty farkin' bold.  I'd recommend that the lady put a few rounds of .38 behind that first or second round of rat shot.  And I'd recommend that they keep the doors locked and a piece with them at all times.  Keep an eye on the kids.  That guys obviously escalating his perversion.  Otherwise he'd be locked up somewhere.  
Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:14:42 PM EDT
[#13]
1.  Hang the pervert from a tall tree.

2.  If no tall trees present, cut his legs off and hang him from a short tree.

Link Posted: 5/20/2005 8:32:10 PM EDT
[#14]
I have heard that a large man-sized burlap sack and several pieces of 2x4s would definitely
change the current situation...

S S S

LB
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:26:33 AM EDT
[#15]
With all the kids coming up missing and then showing up in some ditch somewhere, I believe the best thing would be an injection of 5.56 followed by burial.
Unfortunately, the LE wouldn't see it this way.

Now, if the S.O.B. showed up on my property, it's a whole other thing.
I'm sure I'd get thrown in the clink for a while, but the bastard would never be a threat to anyone ever again.

It's a shame that the bad guys have more rights than we do.
Link Posted: 5/21/2005 4:30:05 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 3:17:49 AM EDT
[#17]
If the wife perceived a threat by some guy flopping out the cockNballs then wouldn't that qualify as sexual assault?  (who wouldn't feel threatened?) If she did, then couldn't she use self defense as a defense to murder?  

I can't imagine it'd be hard for me to argue this case: woman walking in the woods with two small children, then a guy pops out of the woods with his unit exposed, perceiving an imminent threat to her body and her children, she shoots him in self defense.  Honestly, what jury in NC is going to say she murdered the sick-o on purpose and w/o some justifiable provocation?

The prosecution (the state of NC) would argue that there wasn't any perceived danger or imminent threat to her body to justify self defense, but it'd be her word against their assumption.  The evidence would be a picture of the dead guy on the ground with his johnson hanging out of his fly.  The jury would see this.  The evidence would show the guy had a rap sheet of sicko behavior.  The defense would show this to the jury.  The evidence would show that they were, in fact, far from help or capable of retreat way back in the woods.  The jury'd know that, too.  

The children could go to the stand and testify against the mom but, even still, they would have felt threatened, too.  On cross, the defense could just excentuate how scared they were and rattle out the details of the incident from a child's mouth to bring fire and brimstone from the jury.  The prosecution would be sunk by the mom's testimony.

I'm not suggesting that you need to get the .22lr and shovel out yet, but his behavior opens up a whole world of shit for him if someone is carrying a gun the next time he does it.  I just don't see the law taking his side.  If the incident happened in Orange County (where I live) then I'd say differently.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:05:05 AM EDT
[#18]
The third s has already been violated
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 4:18:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Flashing someone your schlong doesn't equate to attempted sexual assault. I'd be surprised if you can find anyone that would accept it as a legit charge.
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 5:17:31 AM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 5/22/2005 7:06:49 AM EDT
[#21]
I disagree, though I'm not saying you're wrong.  

If a reasonable person perceives imminent danger to their life or a sexual assault is about to take place imminently, then self defense can be justifiable in that situation.  There are mitigating circumstances, too, since this isn't happening in the middle of Chapel Hill on Franklin St., this act is occurring in the woods and far away from anyone's help.  Those circumstances and facts could be accentuated to a jury by a good defense atty in order to make a difference in her defense.  

Fact is, this is only a hypothetical.  However, the "schlong theory" you present doesn't account for any of the mitigating facts or circumstances.  How a person reacts in the backwoods is far different than how they might react on, say, Franklin St. with people around (though this probably happens on Franklin St. all the time).

Nevertheless, a jury might see it your way....

I think the guy is right in getting him on the lewd acts charge and just letting him rot in jail for a little while.
Link Posted: 5/23/2005 7:24:42 AM EDT
[#22]
Although the activity by the guy in the coat may or may not lead to physical touching, you should treat the individual as if it will.  I believe there should be alot of phone calls to the neighbors, getting a neighborhood watch going, and keeping an eye for this guy.  

It is very easy to say "string him up", but you have to follow the law.  Does the couple have access to video equipment/camera's?  Build a case, ie the guy is stalking/following her and her children.  Does the guy show up when it is time to catch the bus? when the bus comes in the afternoon?  Have the children ever seen the individual before?  Has he ever spoken with the children or given them anything?  Do other kids in the area know this individual?

I would wonder if the guy in question has family in the area, or actually lives in the area.  If not, then you could possibly add trespassing to the charges.  You should help these people build a legally binding case against this individual.  They already seem to be armed and prepared to defend themselves, so they should be fine int hat arena.  They should be working closely with the county sherriff in the area building a solid case, and preparing to put the guy away.

Some sherriffs Dept's have access to video equipment that can be set up and camoed for these and other sitreps.  Work closely with them, build a solid foundation for teamwork.

I hope this helps, it is alot of work for a few bushels of strawberries.  But you add some whip cream and some shortbread, and........good stuff!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top