Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/28/2004 10:23:29 AM EDT
1st off, Caveman thanks for the directions.  Those things were pretty acurate (mileage was off just a wee bit).

2nd, I like the setup of the range out there.  I did get tired of waiting on a guy that was zeroing some muzzleloaders so I could have the short range to myself, but the it was worth the wait. I love being able to actual move around and fire from varying positions.  I see that I'm going to have to start going out there more often.
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 1:33:36 PM EDT
[#1]
Guess one of our odometers must be off a little.  I think it's yours

I've been there a couple of times and it was just me and the guy I came with. We had alot of fun. One time we set-up a door, drew a "body" on it and did alot of walking -n- shooting drills.  I've got a video he e-mailed me of me walking up to it with my AK.  I still laugh when I watch it.

If it wasn't for all the side work I have going on I'd like to get up there again soon.  Maybe in a couple of months I'll have the time.

Link Posted: 10/28/2004 9:10:23 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:07:13 PM EDT
[#3]
Can one of you post or send me directions to Uwharrie?
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 10:09:56 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 8:04:44 AM EDT
[#5]
It was kind of an impulse thing. I had just gotten my upper back from ADCO and waswanting to run it a bit.  Also, I'm headed to Blackwater next month so I wanted to brush back up on my handling skills.  Add those together and you have me needing to take a trip down there.
Link Posted: 10/29/2004 1:57:40 PM EDT
[#6]
zad2710, Here are the directions I posted a while back.  Hope it helps.

OK, keep in mind I'm in Gastonia so there may be other ways to get there from where you are.
I'll give ya the "main" roads that are crossed so ya can figure it out for yourself from there.

Take 85 North to 49 North.
Cross 601 (about 14 miles from 85)
Cross 73 (about another 6 miles)
Cross 52 (about another 11 miles)

At Badin Lake Rd. turn Right (about 40 miles from 85) There are 2 gas stations on the right. A BP and a Chevron.
Go to stop sign,(about 6 miles) turn right on 109 N
A couple of miles you'll come to the "town" limits of Eldorado and you'll come to a BP station on the right.
About a 1/2 mile past the BP is the entrance to The UwHarrie.
Turn right on the gravel rd.
Stay on the "main" road about 2 miles . The range is on the left.
Park, get out of vehicle, shoot.
Repeat step 3 as necasary(sp)

If these directions are confusing, let me know and I'll see if I can clarify whatever needs to be.

Link Posted: 10/30/2004 10:37:45 AM EDT
[#7]
Great, Thanks.  I'm in Charlotte so those direcitons will work for me too.
Link Posted: 10/31/2004 5:08:25 AM EDT
[#8]
Sounds like a good range. I'm up in Greensboro, should be pretty close for me.
Link Posted: 11/1/2004 8:00:30 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Sounds like a good range. I'm up in Greensboro, should be pretty close for me.

Hey JayCeeNC, I'm in G'boro too. Maybe we can hook up with another member here, Samuel, and go blasting one Saturday this month.

M-Forgery
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 7:59:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Hi, M-Forgery, didn't we go down to your Durham range about a year ago and sight in my new shorty with EOTech? I was working at JR's at the time.
I'm headed out to find Uwharrie range this afternoon, got a new blaster in and a bunch of new La Belle gray teflon mags to check out. And a new EOTech to sight in, LOL.

John
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 11:29:16 AM EDT
[#11]
I need to get up there.  I have two AR's I haven't shot yet
Link Posted: 11/2/2004 2:51:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Went there this afternoon, it was packed, not a table open. Guys with girlfriends holding their fingers in their ears, guys shooting big magnum handguns and laughing and "wow!"ing and waving them around. Not the scene I prefer when I'm trying to sight a rifle in. I waited till some left, then took a table. I hate pulling out high-speed stuff when others are around. Sure enough, one camo'd fellow walks over and says, "What ya got there? M16?" "Wow, how much did that one cost?" "What is that, some different kinda flash hider?" Etc.
So after he wandered off I fired up the new shorty I put together and got 4 rounds downrange, when one of my reloeads had the bullet come loose and dump a load of powder in the chamber. Gunked the whole thing up, wouldn't chamber a round, and I didn't have anything to clean it out with, so I just said "To hell with it." and headed home.
By the way, mileage: From Hwy. 49 to the Uwharrie entrance, 10 miles. From the entrance to the gravel road (Moccasin Road) is .5 miles. Range is 3.3 miles from there on the left.

I'd love to get up with a few other guys in the area and head down there sometime when (hopefully) we'll have the place pretty much to ourselves.

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top