Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2004 6:22:51 PM EDT
Says he has been suprisingly pro-gun.

I guess so he has signed 4 big pro-gun bills.

But I am still voting for Ballantine.

Link Posted: 10/13/2004 7:13:49 PM EDT
[#1]
I heard this a while ago on the NCGUN mailing list.  It's too bad, but they're just playing politics, I hope the NRA doesn't see an exodus of members over this.  I think the NRA is probably trying to either curry favor with Weasley or take drastic lengths to appear "non-partisan."  I'd hardly consider Easley, or Roy Cooper for that matter "pro-gun."  I'll be pulling the BBB handles in November.  

Interestingly enough, my Pop was telling me that local gun owners back home, led by the MCRGO, told the local NRA reps that if they endorsed Fred Upton for the US House, one more time they were going cancel there memberships.  The NRA decided not to endorse a candidate in that race this time.  
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 5:38:18 PM EDT
[#2]
The NRA is non-partisan.

CRC
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:26:05 PM EDT
[#3]
WTF?
Link Posted: 10/15/2004 6:59:01 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
The NRA is non-partisan.

CRC

As an NRA member, I know that.  But with the hatchet job that the newsmedia does on them, the general public doesn't.  They may be going the extra mile.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 4:20:13 AM EDT
[#5]
I thought it was weird too. Did anyone notice that at the lower level the Dem's got all of the endorsements? WTF is up with that? Even some of the Repub's. with A's did not get it

The low level Dem's look like they are pulling a fast one.

Samuel
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 8:26:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Vote for Ballentine...screw Easley
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:08:25 PM EDT
[#7]
I thought it was weird that Batchelor didn't get the nod?  When he's running against David Price?  Fer,FK,sake!  I met Batchelor at a friend of the NRA banquet, and they wouldn't endorse him?????  I know Whit had the pro-gun endorsement in the primary, but both of them had A ratings.  
Link Posted: 10/16/2004 12:53:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

agreed. the NRA will be getting some letters about this from me, i understand playing politics, but selling out a very pro RKBA candidate for one who supports gun rights when he needs to, to get elected is unacceptable.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 4:06:08 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

agreed. the NRA will be getting some letters about this from me, i understand playing politics, but selling out a very pro RKBA candidate for one who supports gun rights when he needs to, to get elected is unacceptable.

Way to go Absolut! Something is wrong here. We need better representation.

Samuel
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 11:18:37 AM EDT
[#10]
The NRA tends to endorse the incumbent guys...

CRC
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:21:45 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
The NRA tends to endorse the incumbent guys...

CRC

http://www.kansas.com/mld/kansas/news/special_packages/election2004/9894153.htm
Both Ballentine and Easley got NRA ratings of A, from the article NRA goes with incumbents if they're an A.  Still I don't like the idea of voting for a democrat, but I vote pro gun and against anyone who raises my taxes or bans my guns.

Easely signed some pro gun bills and is for the lottery whereas Ballentine is against the lottery.

I dunno, might vote for Easley, wtf.
Link Posted: 10/17/2004 7:59:21 PM EDT
[#12]
It is my understanding that Easley is the reason NFA weapons are now so hard to come by in NC.  That's not particularly pro-gun.  But, then again I think the NRA gave up on NFA weapons a long time ago.  I'll agree, that it would be nice if Ballantine would support the lottery, but then again there are a several things I disagree with Republicans on.  No where near the number of things I tend to disagree with Democrats on, but still there are a few.    
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:23:27 PM EDT
[#13]
NFA weapons are left up to your county CLEO.

CRC
Link Posted: 10/18/2004 6:30:55 PM EDT
[#14]
True...  But in NC the law requiring a "permit" complicates that.  I read somewhere that Mr. Easley came down on NC CLEO's for issuing permits without meeting the "criteria" that he interpreted the law to require.  I was told that this is why Harrison won't sign a form 4.  
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 5:27:07 PM EDT
[#15]
There is criteria in the state law you have to follow.

You can't just issue NFA permits.

Machineguns fall under two statues, other NFA doesn't.

CRC
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top