Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/12/2004 2:44:03 PM EDT
The next Tactical Rifle Match will be held at the Carolina Star www.carolinastar.com on October 23. Registration for the match will begin at 0830, safety briefing at 0900, and shooting to begin immediately thereafter. The fee for the match will be $17. The match will consist of three COF's with a minimum round count of sixty. Our standard "one gun/one optic" is in effect as well as the prohibition of any steel core or AP ammunition.  Two of the three stages will be shot "Limited Vickers Count"; vickers count stages limit the maximum number of rounds fired.

The match will consist of three COF's, including two barricade stages and position shooting.  This match stresses accuracy at a maximum distance of 150 yards.

The first stage will be a position stage shot at 75 yards.  Starting from a standing position, the shooter will engage an IDPA target with five rounds each from the standing, kneeling, and prone position in one string of fire.  This stage will be shot "Limited Vickers Count", with fifteen rounds fired.

The second stage will be a barricade stage.  There will be three banks of targets:

1)  (5) Bowling pins at 75 yards.
    2)  (5) 8" steel plates at 100 yards
    3)  IDPA target at 150 yards (Five rounds required)

The shooter will begin the stage at the first barricade, and may engage any of the three banks of targets; shooters choice.  The shooter will then advance 25 yards to the second barricade and will engage a second bank of targets from that position.  The shooter will then advance 25 yards to the forward marker and engage the last bank of targets.  Only one bank of targets may be shot from each position.  This COF will be shot " Limited Vickers Count", with a maximum of twenty rounds fired (You have five extra rounds - Don't Miss)

The third stage will be a barricade stage.  While moving to the first barricade, shooters will engage IDPA targets on their right side, and from the barricade, engage steel plates and IDPA targets from the right side of the barricade.  The shooter will then advance forward to the second barricade engaging left hand targets "on the move", and from the second barricade the shooter will engage steel plates and IDPA targets from the left side of the barricade.  There is no limit on shots fired for this stage.  You must assume a "cover position" while engaging targets from the barricades.

As usual, guns and gear will be available for those that need them.  We ask that you provide new, commercial .223 cal ammunition for use in these weapons.

Questions, comments or concerns - [email protected]

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 8:34:16 PM EDT
[#1]
This sounds pretty cool. I havent checked the link yet, but im from the salisbury, NC area. Is this somthing that I can just come and watch, will there be spectators? I would like to see this before I entered into one first.

Thanks,
Josh
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 6:36:22 AM EDT
[#2]
Josh, you're more than welcome to come and watch.  

I will say that most of our spectators end up shooting.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 8:09:03 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Josh, you're more than welcome to come and watch.  

I will say that most of our spectators end up shooting.hr

Ha, Yea I can see my getting down there any leaving my gun at home then wanting to shoot :(.

I looked up directions, its like 3 1/2 hours from me so idk if I will come but I might make an attempt to.

Josh
Link Posted: 10/19/2004 4:21:17 AM EDT
[#4]
Match this weekend!!!
Link Posted: 10/22/2004 4:57:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Match Tomorrow!!!
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 12:26:10 PM EDT
[#6]
Waiting for the pics.

couldn't make it this time.
Link Posted: 10/26/2004 2:58:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Our staff photographer has loaded the pics onto Image Station.

www.imagestation.com/album/?id=2808480093

Check them out!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top