Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/11/2004 7:15:39 AM EDT
I found this on DU

nu_duer  (1000+ posts)       Thu Sep-30-04 08:45 PM
Original message
Tenenbaum Moves Ahead of DeMint in Latest Poll

COLUMBIA, S.C. – Inez Tenenbaum has closed the gap and now leads Jim DeMint by three points with a month remaining in the race for U.S. Senate, according to a new poll by the Global Strategy Group.

Tenenbaum leads DeMint 46% to 43% among likely voters and 46% to 44% among definite voters in the latest poll, reversing results from a poll earlier this month which showed DeMint leading by 3 points among likely voters and 6 points among definite voters.

The poll confirms that South Carolina voters overwhelmingly reject DeMint’s proposal for a 23% federal sales tax and are responding to Tenenbaum’s message of lower taxes for middle class South Carolinians, jobs, and education. 57% of voters polled oppose the 23% federal sales tax plan, compared with just 27% who support the idea.

“This survey shows that South Carolina voters are very aware of, understand, and roundly reject Jim DeMint’s 23% national sales tax plan, and it confirms that Inez is very well positioned to win this race on November 2, said Tenenbaum campaign manager Frank Holleman. “These numbers prove that DeMint’s recent negative attacks against Inez are a desperate effort to change the subject and halt the losses from his indefensible proposal to raise taxes on more than 95% of South Carolinians.”

DeMint has sponsored legislation in Congress (H.R. 25) to scrap the tax code, adopt a 23% federal sales tax on nearly all consumer goods and services, and eliminate deductions for home mortgage interest and charitable and religious contributions. DeMint’s campaign has sought unsuccessfully to defend his proposal in television and radio ads over the past five weeks.

The poll also shows Tenenbaum gaining voter approval in a number of areas. She has gained 11 points and is now tied with DeMint as the candidate better described as having “the experience a Senator needs,” according to pollster Harrison Hickman.

Tenenbaum also has strong potential to gain additional support among undecided voters, because 64% are either white women or African-Americans, two of Tenenbaum’s strongest groups.

The poll was conducted September 27-29 among 500 randomly selected registered voters in South Carolina. The poll has a sampling error of 4.4%.
http://www.inez2004.com/portal/index.php?module=article...

http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=177x310

Link Posted: 10/11/2004 7:34:38 PM EDT
[#1]
democratic fantasies.
DeMint is leading by around 10 points.

McLaughlin (R) | 9/29-30 400 LV  
DeMint (R) 46
Tenenbaum (D) 36

Mason-Dixon | 9/27-9/29 625 LV  
DeMint (R) 50
Tenenbaum (D) 38

SUSA | 9/19-9/21 676 LV
DeMint (R) 51
Tenenbaum (D) 39

Link Posted: 10/12/2004 4:56:04 AM EDT
[#2]
I know two votes for DeMint are coming from my household.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 5:50:53 AM EDT
[#3]
Two from my gf and me too.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:03:19 AM EDT
[#4]
I can see him losing. His comments on gays and single mothers may just bite him in the ass. Lots of people are not happy with that. I don't like his stand on that. The tax thing is just not gonna happen, so that issue is practically dead.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:46:48 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Two from my gf and me too.

same here.

despite the dumbass things he said during the first debate, i still think he'll take it easily.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 6:50:05 AM EDT
[#6]
That can't be true.  I don't see how anyone could vote for her after her commercial saying "...Which the News Media says would cause a recession..."  anyone who quotes the news media as a fact would never get my vote.  I know people who want to vote for Kerry that aren’t voting for Inez.  I just moved to SC 3 months ago but I just don't see how anyone can vote for her and her blatant lies.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:01:01 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That can't be true.  I don't see how anyone could vote for her after her commercial saying "...Which the News Media says would cause a recession..."  anyone who quotes the news media as a fact would never get my vote.  I know people who want to vote for Kerry that aren’t voting for Inez.  I just moved to SC 3 months ago but I just don't see how anyone can vote for her and her blatant lies.

I think she quoted the Myrtle Beach paper.  No offence but I won't call MB a think tank on economic issues.
Link Posted: 10/12/2004 7:25:51 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I think she quoted the Myrtle Beach paper.  No offence but I won't call MB a think tank on economic issues.

I just think you should never quote the media.  All the media in this country is bias.  There isn't one that tells all the truth.  In order to get good information you have to look at at least 5 different sources and then make your own mind about what is the real truth.
Link Posted: 10/13/2004 3:08:31 AM EDT
[#9]
As I become more politically aware I am amazed at the number of stupid people out there.

People who have no clue about basic principles of the Constitution and our government are allowed to vote.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top