Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/28/2004 6:07:44 PM EDT
Hey guys, I'm starting to take an interest in small game hunting. I usually just shoot as a hobby, but recently had the desire to give a shot at hunting birds. What exactly do I need to do to start hunting? Im not a SC resident, but I am active military...will I still get those huge fees for hunting permits they give to out of state folks? Also, where is the place to do this? State parks or will I be required to take out a lease somewhere to do it?
I really don't know a darn thing about the processes involed, because the only time I hunted was once with my dad back in Texas. Thanks fellas.

PS.....I picked up a Benelli Nova to take skeet shooting at the AF base here
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 12:06:40 PM EDT
[#1]
Sporting goods stores (like Sports Authority) have the booklets with the state game laws.  All the info on seasons, limits, wildlife management areas, etc...

I haven't gotten out hunting in the local area, so I don't have any firsthand knowledge.  That's a situation I need to rectify soon.
Link Posted: 9/29/2004 4:43:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 10/2/2004 8:11:12 PM EDT
[#3]
Military personnel assigned to bases in SC can get a resident license.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 8:47:44 AM EDT
[#4]
Check out the hunting at Ft. Jackson.  I sure miss hunting there.  Lots of room and plenty of game.
Link Posted: 10/3/2004 11:34:06 PM EDT
[#5]
Who would you call at Jackson? Outdoor rec?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top