Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/24/2004 1:34:35 PM EDT
Anyone know of any ranges in the piedmont area of NC that dont have a $500 a year membership? When I was down at Lejune there were a couple ranges that you could pay $10 or so and shoot all day. It seems like all of the ranges up here are geared towards folks with alot of $$$$$ to blow.
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:03:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Have you ever been to the range at Uhwarrie?
I don't know where you are, but everyone that I know say it's worth the drive.Almost an hour and a half for me.
The best part is it's free.

There are several threads about it here.

Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:23:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I have never been there nor do I know where its located.
i live in Iredell county (where rt 77 and rt 40 cross)
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 2:59:07 PM EDT
[#3]
It's in Montgomery County, just east of Stanly County.  Depending on where you are in Iredell county, I'm guessing it might take a couple hours.  Well worth it, though, especially if you can ever make it out on a weekday.  We've been out there on weekdays and had the whole range to ourselves for hours.  
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:29:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Gomer....do you know if they have a web site? can you give me some directions?
Link Posted: 9/24/2004 3:55:51 PM EDT
[#5]
It's part of a National Forest, so here is the website for it -
Uwharrie National Forest

And here is a link to a map showing how to get around inside the park.  It is listed on the map as the Flintlock Valley Rifle Range.  If you look on an NC map at Montgomery County, this area is just below the town of Eldorado, which is just a dot on the map.
Map
Link Posted: 9/25/2004 4:01:07 AM EDT
[#6]
CRAP...its over 2 hours from here!!!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top