Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 9/12/2004 7:41:22 PM EDT
Anybody here know if the Orange County Sherriff will sign off on NFA stuff or not? I have heard more than once that he won't unless your "in his circle". Anybody know for sure?
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:38:03 PM EDT
[#1]
I've heard the same scuttlebutt about having to be "in his circle."  There are guys who own NFA weapons in this county, and I've had one gun dealer assure me that Lindy would sign, just give you the third degree as to why you "need" said firearm.  I've not met any of the NFA owners, but  every time I read a story about Knob Creek, they mention a guy and his daughter who hail from Chapel Hill.  (if you can believe it!)

So, where are you in OC?  I'm in Carrboro.  
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 9:48:51 PM EDT
[#2]
I heard my county sherriff in mecklenburg county, won't sign either :(
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:08:50 PM EDT
[#3]
Here is the deal on NFA in Nc I spoke to a Lt Baumgaurdner he works for Donnie Harrison I live in Wake county and Donnie is the Sherrif here ,he is pro gun and supports NFA for citizens the problem is state law does not! It is technically true that civilians can own them but only after having met very limited paramiters. Ex. in defense of a business or to do development work NOT JUST BECAUSE WE WANT ONE! that is why we need to get a pro NFA Gov and Attorney General. Donnie and others would like to see a "Collectors License" so we can just pay a small tax and do the ATF stuff and make it state wide so there is consistency to this. It is not legal for a sherrif to pressure you into campaign stuff or give them to only his friends it should be like the CCW process consistent and simple.
Red
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 6:16:22 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I heard my county sherriff in mecklenburg county, won't sign either :(

Nope...Pendergraph won't sign
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top