Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 9/10/2004 11:42:10 PM EDT
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 6:54:03 AM EDT
[#1]
Carolina Tactical Ops just north of Hickory is an excellent shop.
Shooter's Express in Mt. Hollyu is great to deal with but their FFL fee's are too high(65.00)

added
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:03:24 AM EDT
[#2]
I am looking for a "Black Rifle" friendly FFL to handle a couple of transfers for Colt marked LE Only AR-15's in the Orlando (Central Florida) area.

The FFL I usually use said he would not transfer any LE Only weapons to civilians after the sunset. I tried to explain it to him. But, he wouldn't listen.

02Rips
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:05:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Action Shooting Supply in Shelby, NC(Cleveland County).  

The owner, Stuart McDaniel, is a great guy to deal with.  Transfers are $25.  

CHRIS

added
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 9:51:48 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 1:59:51 PM EDT
[#5]
www.ozarkguns.com/ in the Gastonia/Charlotte area. great to deal with.

added
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 3:39:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Personal Defense and Handguns Safety in Garner  is added.
Mace Sports in Mebane
Rudders Gun Services in Butner
B&B Shooting Supply in Raleigh
Youngs Guns in Apex
Burlington Gun and Pawn Brokers in Burlington

Wolffie, can you supply contact info on these?  I'm googled out.

Perry's in Wendell would have happily sold me an AR15, but not transferred a stripped lower.  Hmmm....  
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 7:45:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Greensboro Gun Works, Just north of the Greensboro Airport.  Strange hours since wont answer door or phone when gunsmithing.

added
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:17:33 PM EDT
[#8]
Thanks for the plug!!!!!! if any one needs to get up with me you can call me as well at 919-414-3247. If you just want to shoot the breeze I will tell you about all the neat stuff I have been hearing about like wake county`s  (Raleigh) SIG 551/552 select fire guns I got to shoot and the NCHP patrol rifle pistol changes coming down soon. We have some of the best troopers in the country most all very pro gun but you would not believe the crap they have to go through to get reliable stuff.
Red
Link Posted: 9/11/2004 8:25:13 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 5:51:01 AM EDT
[#10]
Shooters pawn in Fayetteville www.shooterspawn.comis good also.

FFL transfers are $20.

Their number is 910-860-3700 ask for Dave,Al or Paul.
FREE

added
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:11:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Find SteyrAug.  He's a FFL in FL.

SteyrAug is in South Florida... which is over (3) hours away. I am looking for a "Black Rifle" friendly FFL in the Central Florida (near Orlando) area.

If anyone knows a good FFL in my area... I would greatly appreciate the referral.

O2Rips

Note: I just figured out that I made this post in the North Carolina "Hometown" section. Please forgive the newbie mistake. I will re-post in the Florida section.
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:57:02 AM EDT
[#12]
The story goes like this the dates I don`t have but some of you may remember the events. A couple of years ago a trooper and I believe one Sherrif`s Deputy got them selves in a gun fight with some drug runners outside Fayettville on I95 as I recall they both got out gunned and died because of it, at the time the NCHP were using Beretta 96`s in .40s&w`s Ranger LE ammo they shot through the glass and interior furniture and made some solid hits on the purps but none were fatal as I recall. The bad guys were more heavily armed (I don`t remember with what) and got the better end of the deal. Basically what came of it were several things .40 too weak mini14`s not reliable. In the end they got buried. My self and I am sure others were approched and asked for some friendly advice on AR`s and it was given I and others did some work on some of the Troopers private guns and what came out of all this is NCHP have AR15`s with 16" barrels and 20 " sight radiuses I think they may be chrome lined as well and the clamp on front sight bases. One of the biggest criteria was I believe no more than 1 Min correction at the rear sight for BZO. As for the pistols they are using Cougors in 357 sig with Remington ammo made custom for them. They have had some issues with them chambering once they are hot but Beretta is working to re barrrel the problem guns. I think rhey would prefer to have sigs but no budget to do it yet. There are other specifics but I am not sure what I should say out in the open so I won`t say more except this this state gov have swamped our guys with red tape B.S. to a level I find truly amazing in this day and age. They have to beg borrow and steal to get equipment to keep them safe on our roads it should not have to be that way. I thik Berreta owes this states officers a huge apology and should to a better job of fixing there screw ups and do it alot quicker. As for the Armalites they seem to be holding up well except for som POS mags and we have all gotten that from time to time.
Red  
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 8:37:14 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The story goes like this the dates I don`t have but some of you may remember the events. A couple of years ago a trooper and I believe one Sherrif`s Deputy got them selves in a gun fight with some drug runners outside Fayettville on I95 as I recall they both got out gunned and died because of it, at the time the NCHP were using Beretta 96`s in .40s&w`s Ranger LE ammo they shot through the glass and interior furniture and made some solid hits on the purps but none were fatal as I recall. The bad guys were more heavily armed (I don`t remember with what) and got the better end of the deal. Basically what came of it were several things .40 too weak mini14`s not reliable. In the end they got buried. My self and I am sure others were approched and asked for some friendly advice on AR`s and it was given I and others did some work on some of the Troopers private guns and what came out of all this is NCHP have AR15`s with 16" barrels and 20 " sight radiuses I think they may be chrome lined as well and the clamp on front sight bases. One of the biggest criteria was I believe no more than 1 Min correction at the rear sight for BZO. As for the pistols they are using Cougors in 357 sig with Remington ammo made custom for them. They have had some issues with them chambering once they are hot but Beretta is working to re barrrel the problem guns. I think rhey would prefer to have sigs but no budget to do it yet. There are other specifics but I am not sure what I should say out in the open so I won`t say more except this this state gov have swamped our guys with red tape B.S. to a level I find truly amazing in this day and age. They have to beg borrow and steal to get equipment to keep them safe on our roads it should not have to be that way. I thik Berreta owes this states officers a huge apology and should to a better job of fixing there screw ups and do it alot quicker. As for the Armalites they seem to be holding up well except for som POS mags and we have all gotten that from time to time.
Red  

IIRC the bad guys had some type of AK variant
Link Posted: 9/12/2004 10:17:09 PM EDT
[#14]
Yea I thought they might have been but was not quite sure. I should be able to say more this week if you guys would like to know more, I just need to clear anymore with my sources at NCHP I don`t really know how much they want to have said publically.
But I can say this they are some of the most progun cops in the country and are fiercly loyal to there friends and are very proffesional. I am amazed they do so much with what they have and DO NOT GET ENOUGH HELP FROM M. EASLEY!!!!!!! that is not something they would ever say it is my opinion and observation.

Red
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 3:02:13 AM EDT
[#15]
".40 to weak"!?

GLOCK-23
Link Posted: 9/13/2004 8:35:01 AM EDT
[#16]
yes in this particular event they were unable to stop the assailants after several rounds went through glass and seat backs. to much energy loss.
Red
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 2:07:19 AM EDT
[#17]
In Asheville area there is PF Custom Guns who also does class 3, Rex's Guns Ammo and range, Asheville Motor Sports (very small dealer), On Target (sort of expensive), and if its just for a transfer Fairview General store does $10.00 transfers.

Bruh, I added the ones in red.  Do you have contact info for the others?
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 11:37:07 AM EDT
[#18]
tagged
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:16:27 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
Yea I thought they might have been but was not quite sure. I should be able to say more this week if you guys would like to know more, I just need to clear anymore with my sources at NCHP I don`t really know how much they want to have said publically.
But I can say this they are some of the most progun cops in the country and are fiercly loyal to there friends and are very proffesional. I am amazed they do so much with what they have and DO NOT GET ENOUGH HELP FROM M. EASLEY!!!!!!! that is not something they would ever say it is my opinion and observation.

Red

The two scumbags who were involved in the shooting on I-95 had just come from a carjacking & homicide in SC, IIRC. At least one of them was armed with an AK variant of some kind.

Our department is getting rid of the Berettas (96s for uniforms, & .40 Cougars for plainclothes), & going to H&K USP45s in the next month or so. No one really likes the Berettas, since the grips are way too big for anyone who doesn't have really big hands. Even most of the big guys have trouble reaching that lousy slide-mounted safety. The H&Ks are still big, but everyone who tried them liked them much better than the Berettas. The Cougars, like the NCHP guns, are jam-o-matics unless they are cleaned spotlessly every 60-80 rounds. Past that, they are not reliable at all. Beretta whined & complained about NCHP going to SIGs, after the Patrol asked them to make the Model 96 available in .357 SIG & Beretta refused to do so. Apparently Beretta intimidated someone in Raleigh enough to make the Patrol back off on replacing the Cougars. Instead, Beretta offered to overhaul the Cougars, and replaced barrels in most of them, blaming all the malfunctions on "rough barrels"(which apparently escaped Beretta's quality control when they sold them to the Patrol). I'm hearing from the HP instructors that most of the guns, even after the overhaul, are only marginally reliable.

All of the many troopers I have talked to, and especially the instructors, wanted the SIGs. NC Wildlife Resources Commission enforcement officers have had the SIGs for a while now, & they love them.

BTW, the ARs that the Patrol bought are Armalites, ordered shortly after 9/11. They were delivered, then sat in the Patrol headquarters in Raleigh for months while everybody argued about how to allocate them out to the personnel. Since the state was too cheap to buy everybody a rifle, as they should have done, it degenerated into a p***ing contest to see who could pull the most brownie points to get rifles. They have only been issued for about 4-5 months now, IIRC. NC politics-as-usual....the Governor flies the state-owned helicopter home to Southport every weekend while the guys who have to do the dirty work don't have the tools they need.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 4:40:29 PM EDT
[#20]
So do the WC officers have .357 SIGS?

CRC
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:01:50 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
So do the WC officers have .357 SIGS?

CRC

Yes, they bought the .357s about two years ago, IIRC.
Link Posted: 9/14/2004 5:32:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Morrissville PD borrows my clubs range from time to time, and always leave a beautiful pile of .357 sig brass for anyone who wanted to reload it.  Too bad they don't shoot .45...
Link Posted: 9/15/2004 1:18:11 PM EDT
[#23]
Thanks

CRC
Link Posted: 9/16/2004 5:21:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Piedmont area, Gun Rack in Kernersville and Woods and Wetlands in Randleman.  Both have done lower transfers for me.

Gun Rack also has a nice selection of Bushy AR's in stock. Superlight for $699.  Oh well, wanted that, but ended up buying a gun safe from him instead. Got to protect the rest of them....

added
Link Posted: 9/19/2004 10:51:48 PM EDT
[#25]
I would have to say that everything that NC Cop said is correct I was just not sure what I should mention publibly. as the instructors are the ones I get my info from as well. the barrels have a :Ridge: \" in the chamber causing the jaming so says beretta.
Red
Link Posted: 9/22/2004 5:54:36 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
In Asheville area there is PF Custom Guns who also does class 3, Rex's Guns Ammo and range, Asheville Motor Sports (very small dealer), On Target (sort of expensive), and if its just for a transfer Fairview General store does $10.00 transfers.

+1, with the exception of Mike at Fairview General Store told me over the phone a couple months ago that he does no transfers. "New gun sales only."
Link Posted: 9/23/2004 5:28:42 AM EDT
[#27]
Some of the Wildlife guys here carry a Sig in 357 sig..........Greensboro area
Link Posted: 10/4/2004 6:03:01 PM EDT
[#28]
xringprecision
It was David (deputy) and Ed (trooper) both were friends of mine. ( Was with FPD, Hope Mills PD and Cumberland Co So (reverse order ). If I knew how to post pics I got a couple of photos I took of out of state officers at the crosses on I-95 after the funerals. I retired in May after 30 years.They were number 6 and 7 of friends lost in line of duty. They were taken out by 2 brothers and an AK47. I knew Ed when he would come into the Hope Mills PD at night to do reports. David and I were on the same Plt. with CCSD before I switched departments.
Link Posted: 10/5/2004 10:35:22 PM EDT
[#29]
Sorry for your loss I just wish we could do more for these guys I don`t think our current Governer gives a rats ass about our LE guys.
Red
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 9:20:37 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 5:01:03 PM EDT
[#31]
The service for them at the coliseum was packed wall to wall don't recall to many dry eyes.
Easly is from here (Southport bout 3 miles up the river) think you are right but dosen't look like we have much running for the office.
I miss the free ammo but 30 years was long enough.
Link Posted: 10/6/2004 7:56:48 PM EDT
[#32]
I'm going to Rudder's tomorrow, specifically to ask about transfer fee's.  I'll post what I find out in the afternoon/evening.
Link Posted: 10/8/2004 8:39:08 PM EDT
[#33]
So I went to Rudder's yesterday.  They told me that for a transfer they charge $15.  Not bad in my book.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 12:58:02 AM EDT
[#34]
Piedmont bait @ tackle East of Lincolnton on hwy 150 did my lower transfer last week for $20.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:26:59 AM EDT
[#35]
Another bump for Rudder. Bill a good guy and a heck of a shooter. Also, Red at xringprecision is very helpful at whatever you need.
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:57:50 AM EDT
[#36]
I'm a Class III dealer in SC, Greenville area.

Transfers are $20, additional transfers $5
NFA transfers are $50

by appointment only
www.Title2.com

added
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 5:16:36 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
Another bump for Rudder. Bill a good guy and a heck of a shooter. Also, Red at xringprecision is very helpful at whatever you need.

Yeah, Bill recently did a mild trigger job on my Colt .45 and put a new front sight on.  Took all of the creep out and did a nice job on the sight.  He transfered my FAL for me too, to the tune of $15.  

The only problem I see in Bill's future is that he's getting such a loyal following he's getting very busy.  The line at his counter is gets pretty deep and he may have to find more help.  

He also undercuts the local competition by a few bucks a pound on Vhitavouri...  I almost don't want to advertise that...
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 10:16:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:05:11 PM EDT
[#39]
Updated fee`s for transfers I DO NOT CHARGE ACTIVE DUTY LE OR MILITARY FOR TRANSFERS.  The civilian charges stay the same so I can offer it to our first responders the service for free
Red
X Ring Precision Rifles
919-414-3247
Link Posted: 10/11/2004 11:21:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 11:47:07 AM EDT
[#41]
I went to Rex's last weekend to try to order a stripped Bushmaster lower, & the
owner (I can't remember his name) said he had not had any dealing with them,
and didn't offer to help. Thats seems pretty lame, considering I have shot
the indoor matches there for quite sometime. I think I'll ask "Bully" when I
start back from my summer break.

Johnny C!
Link Posted: 10/14/2004 6:03:06 PM EDT
[#42]
-The new site is up same address www.xringprecisionrifles.com but not complete. The 1st page is- up with the "Supplier Links" but the products page is not done yet been taking pics of the shop guns and other related stuff and should have the site done soon. Contact number and e-mail are the same also.
Red
X Ring Precision Rifles
919-414-3247
Link Posted: 10/20/2004 10:10:59 AM EDT
[#43]
Ed's Guns in Vass, NC (near Southern Pines). Great prices and good guys to deal with.

added
Link Posted: 10/24/2004 8:17:25 AM EDT
[#44]
GFTC in Pfafftown will order anything you could want. Of course I don't think that they will do the class III stuff, as they don't have that paperwork. But the many times that I have gone in there I have been told that they would order anything that I want, including those "EVIL BLACK THINGYS." And they would even split the cost of the transfer.

Grandview Firearms Training Center

added

Link Posted: 10/24/2004 2:46:48 PM EDT
[#45]
Assault Technologies in Indian Trail usually has some good stuff.  They seem like good guys, too.

added
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:44:41 AM EDT
[#46]
Hey Johnny_C, I was in PDHSC in Garner this week and they had several Bushmaster stripped lowers in stock. They also had stripped RRA lowers and a good selection of AR-15 parts.
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 9:30:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 10/27/2004 11:01:26 PM EDT
[#48]
I HAVE LMT LOWERS NOW.
RED
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 6:33:14 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 10/28/2004 8:09:34 PM EDT
[#50]
I believe they were around $160 or $170, but I cannot remember exactly.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top