Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 9/3/2004 3:45:30 PM EDT
Ok, first question, is the Assult Ban up this month?

Next, where can I get barrel fixed so I can switch out my "flash suppressor" at around Charlotte or Gastonia?

Who else is going to mod theres?  I have a post banned Bushmaster XM15E2S I want to be able to change out with half bird cages and other types of flash suppressors.
Link Posted: 9/3/2004 5:30:53 PM EDT
[#1]
9 days! \/
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:19:34 AM EDT
[#2]
I have a preban A1 lightweight upper I'm getting in the next couple weeks.  I just need to get a lower and a 4 pos collapsable stock.  I'd like to thread my current lightweight barrel I have now, but it's post ban, and the muzzle doesn't flare out enough to really thread properly from what I've heard.  

Have you checked out Assault Technologies out in Indian Trail?  They supposedly have a smith there.  Not sure how good of work he does.  I was planning on just getting a preban lightweight barrel assembly from BM and taking to him, but this deal came up instead.

Here's their number.  704.289.9900
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 6:44:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks, I cant wait for this crime to be lifted from us.  Just because Clinton needed something to get the "soccer" moms to vote for him, they created a pointless bill based on emotion and not fact.
Link Posted: 9/4/2004 12:05:34 PM EDT
[#4]
agree/agree
Link Posted: 9/6/2004 7:00:05 PM EDT
[#5]
Call Stuart at Action Shooting Supply in Shelby...he'll hook you up with a guy in Gastonia named Tommy Abernathy that does great work.  I've seen his work, it's as good or better as Novak or Wilson any day.  He's very talented.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 5:23:21 AM EDT
[#6]
++1 for Tommy Abernathy
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:17:42 AM EDT
[#7]
Is Tommy the guy that used to work over at Mike's Gunshop in Gastonia years ago?  If I'm not mistaken he now works at Sportman's Spot.
Link Posted: 9/7/2004 10:37:33 AM EDT
[#8]
I'm not sure.  I've had my paws on a couple of 1911s he built and they are very, very nice.  I wouldn't hesitate to take one to work.
Link Posted: 9/8/2004 6:36:33 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Is Tommy the guy that used to work over at Mike's Gunshop in Gastonia years ago?  If I'm not mistaken he now works at Sportman's Spot.

You're thinking of Bill. Sportsman's Spot is 10-7 and Bill now works at Shooter's Express. He has done some 1911 work for me as well. He is a great guy to deal with.

Tommy Abernathy works out of his own shop. I can email his phone number to anyone who needs it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top