Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2004 7:15:17 AM EDT
Who gives the classes and where do I apply?
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 1:53:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Shooter's Choice on Sunset Blvd has them.  My great-nephew took a class there three years ago, but the problem was that the instructor wasn't SLED qualified so he wasn't able to get his CCW.  The instructor's name was Terry Bryson.  Watch-out for him.z
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 4:04:57 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Shooter's Choice on Sunset Blvd has them.  My great-nephew took a class there three years ago, but the problem was that the instructor wasn't SLED qualified so he wasn't able to get his CCW.  The instructor's name was Terry Bryson.  Watch-out for him.z

Thanks, Zoom. I'll check them out.
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 6:57:39 PM EDT
[#3]
Are you sure about that?  Met Terry a few times and he was or still is a firearms instructor/armorer for the State Troopers.  He also did some moonlighting with a friend of mine at Jumbo Sports when it was open.  He is also hell on wheels with a Glock.  Wins alot of local competitions, esp in the LE community.

Also Representative Jackie Knots used to hold FREE CCW classes once a month in Lexington.  My brother and a few friends went through his class.  I'm not sure if he still does this or not.  I took mine through Midlands Tech about 6 years ago.

Here is the list of CCW instructors from GrassRoots SC:

Columbia Area:

Experienced Firearms Instruction Team
Norman Price, Mike Walguarnery and Terry Hicks
CWP Classes Scheduled Monthly
NRA & SLED Certified Instructors
Call Mike @ (803) 781-1360 Email: [email protected]
Instruction in Basic Pistol / Rifle / Shotgun / Personal Protection
Our CWP Classes include Fingerprint, Photo & SC Notary services
Special & Advanced Classes available on request.

Inst. Timothy "Sean" Stogner Sr.
803-894-7230
South Carolina CWP, NRA Basic Pistol,
Ladies Only and Private Classes Available  

Inst. David Churilla
Phone: 803-788-0201

Inst. Stephen J. Samples [email protected]
Phone: 803-772-7431

Inst. Patrick D. Nolan [email protected]
Phone: 803-254-9543
Fax: 803-254-8920

Inst. Frank Headley [email protected]
Phone: 803-776-1226

Wateree Arms
9321 Garners Ferry Rd., Hopkins
Inst. J. Thomas Lanham [email protected]
Phone: 803-695-7056
Fax 803-695-7014
Wateree Arms Web Page

Palmetto Personal Defense llc.
Inst. William Marrs [email protected]
Phone: 803-309-2530
South Carolina CWP, NRA Basic Pistol, First Steps, Home Defense and Personal Protection,
Ladies Only Classes Private Instruction and Home Security Evaluations Available

FireArms Safety Education
Inst. P.E. Morris [email protected]
Phone: 803-446-5504
Inspector U.S. Marshall's Service (Retired)

West Columbia:
Inst. William Griffin [email protected]

Inst. George Parsons
Phone: 803-791-3771

Inst. Paul Peters [email protected]
Phone: 803-356-1728
Instruction: CWP, Pistol, Home Firearms Safety, Personal Protection

Good luck!  Have fun!

-Hershey
Link Posted: 8/25/2004 7:12:43 PM EDT
[#4]

Are you sure about that? Met Terry a few times and he was or still is a firearms instructor/range master for the State Troopers.

I'm looking at his application now.  It's signed by Terry D Bryson, SLED instructor #1996-00114.  The woman at the SLED desk at their office across from Palmetto Firearms said that he wasn't.  My great-nephew talked to several people there that said the same thing before finally giving-up on getting a CCW.  Also, Shooter's Choice wouldn't refund his money for the course.  He wasted $65 and about 11 hours on a Saturday to drive to Columbia to take the course.z
Link Posted: 8/26/2004 4:59:18 AM EDT
[#5]
Hmm...  That's too bad, real sorry to hear that.  I'm not surprised shooter'c choice wouldn't refund the money, they strike me that way, but Terry didn't.  I guess I was wrong.  Hope he gets it straightened out.

-Hershey
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top