Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 4/25/2004 4:06:05 PM EDT
Guys is there a good source of gun Ranges in the W.S. area? I might be headed there this fall or Winter. Thanks WarDawg
Link Posted: 4/25/2004 4:18:18 PM EDT
[#1]
WWW.GFTC.COM.....Open to the public.
WWW.PHASHOOTS.COM......Private,you can either join or go as a guest.Matches are open to the public.
These 2 are near Winston Salem.
Also try this site.....www.wheretoshoot.org
When are you going to be in town?
GLOCK-23
Link Posted: 4/25/2004 7:45:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Thanks.  My company is trying to merge with RJR. I put in for a transfer .If the merger goes through I should get it. It's hard to say when. We figure this fall or winter. But some people could get to transfer early. Who's to say. Thanks WarDawg
Link Posted: 4/27/2004 3:57:15 PM EDT
[#3]
hey wardawg.  we talked one time before - do't know if the guy i referred you to ever responded to you or not.  hope so.

G-23's info is correct.  keep us posted on when and where you wind up.  this is a good area.  winston-salem is short on gun stores but there are several pretty good ones in outlying areas - gun country in mt airy, gun rack and charlies in kernersville and walkertown, respectively.  the gun store near lexington and a host of pawn shops in the area will serve the gun owners as well.
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 9:29:15 AM EDT
[#4]
Thanks for the replys guys. I don't know where I will live. I need a very good school district. I have two small childern. I don't ming them being in a GOOD public school sustem. Where they don't feel threatened and the parents support the schools. I have friends that  are from Riedsville and they say , I will like the public schools in the out lying areas. I will be looking for a home between the cost of $100,000 - $160,000. I don't want to have to work for my house payments. I like to take the family on vacation and live alittle. Ive seen some realastate books from that area and I should find what Im looking for. While no one has been offically offered a Transfer, because the merger has to go through first, being a Mechanic on there high speed equipment I shouldn't have a problem. Im pro gun and seemingly , should be happy in NC. I told my wife it should be an adventure . Only 7 hours from home. Macon,( Middle Georgia ). Not to far to get home in emergencys or visit on holidays.Im looking for a range that is outdoor and has minimun 200 yard rifle. While Im no sniper I like to shoot distance with Irons .And even a range that hold events. The PHASHOOTS.COM might be the ticket.Thanks and I will drop this forum a line when and where I might go to when its all said and done. Im leaving a great bunch of shooting guys in Ga. But Im sure I'll meet , somemore in the Tar Heel State. Yall don't hold it against me , Because Im a BIG Georgia BULLDAWGS Fan ???????? Later WarDawg
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 9:58:00 AM EDT
[#5]
What kind of house are you looking for?  How many sf?  How much land? 100-160k?  Your expectations can be realized.

www.journalnow.com  is our local rag.  You probably know that already.

I can pick up the local "for sale" ads and mail them to you, if you like.  Free of charge, of course!  IM or email me.

Reidsville is a long drive through the country to RJR/Tobaccoville.

Schools?  I have cats, not children.  No comment.

Let me know if I can help.

Tim
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 12:27:43 PM EDT
[#6]
.I guess my post was misleading.  I mean out lying areas around Winston Salem. Not Reidsville.  I think my company is going to set up in the old RJR building in down town WS. Its called whitaker park. I was told to carry if Im legal to there.I have a CCW permit here in GA but don't think NC would honor it. I drive 32 miles one way to work right now. Im looking to buy  a home,out  away from trouble  so to speak. Im looking to buy 20-30 miles away from work. My present company B&W bought American Tobacco ( Reidsville NC ) about 10 years ago. I work with alot of good NC people that transfered down here to work at the Macon plant. One guy from Duram NC told me for the men folks to respect me  up there,my wife should be bare footed and back hand her once infront of men folk  for them to see who's boss.  I think my ass would get kicked!!!!!!! LOL..... He's just kidding....I think... Cheers Wardawg
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 12:39:17 PM EDT
[#7]
Why are you leaving us?  
Link Posted: 4/28/2004 1:32:59 PM EDT
[#8]
My father-in-law retired from B&W,here in Winston Salem.
I'm in the North Davidson County area and 20 minutes from PHA.If you are going to be in town sometime,give a holler and I'll give you the 10 cent tour of the range.
GO TARHEELS!!
lol
GLOCK-23
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 5:04:42 AM EDT
[#9]
Blackriflefever, my company is shuting down and closeing doors if this merger goes through. They pay very well. Its as much for my family as it would be for me. I couldn't find a job making half as much in my area.,

Glock23 did you say your inlaw retired from Brown & williamson Tobacco?????  If so was he salary or hourly ? And who might he be? I might know him. Ive been with them for 8 years. Thanks for the range 10 cents invite. If I get to town it might be about 6 months or so if all goes through. I will try to hook up with you to see that range. Cheers WarDawg
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 7:02:00 AM EDT
[#10]
WarDawg,
Send me an E-mail. I live in the area you would be looking at. One of the girls I work with husband, has work for RJR for 20+ years. If you would like to make a trip with the family, my wife and I can show you the area. Lots of brand spanking new homes for the range you are looking at.

Samuel
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 1:12:02 PM EDT
[#11]
Thanks again for the replys. When I get rehired so to speak to this newly merged company( If it goes through) ,I will drop back by this NC forum and post agin when Im suppose to transfer. Although we really don't know for sure they are expecting it to be finalized in JULY. But you never know if the Federal Trade comission will stall the process.Or even block it as a whole for that matter. Cheers WarDawg
Link Posted: 4/29/2004 1:39:41 PM EDT
[#12]
WarDawg,E-mail sent.
GLOCK-23
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 4:46:48 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
WarDawg,E-mail sent.
GLOCK-23

Glock23 I never did get or receive an email. My email is   [email protected]  
WarDawg
Link Posted: 4/30/2004 2:07:42 PM EDT
[#14]
Another on the way.
The first was from this site.
GLOCK-23
Link Posted: 5/4/2004 10:51:41 PM EDT
[#15]
You may want to try the North Davidson County area.  Lot of ppl who live there work in WS.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top