Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 4/1/2004 10:16:46 AM EDT
Let's see who we have in the area and where you are.  This could be a catalyst for like-minded people getting together and doing some blasting.

I live in Summerville, just above Charleston on I26.
Link Posted: 4/1/2004 10:29:18 AM EDT
[#1]
i'm back and forth b/w Clemson Univ. and Gastonia, NC
Link Posted: 4/1/2004 11:23:38 AM EDT
[#2]
I normally hang in the GA forum, because that is were I consider home.  But I live here in Greenville SC.
Link Posted: 4/1/2004 12:57:20 PM EDT
[#3]
I'm from Rutherfordton, NC.  I'm currently pimping myself out to the .mil folks in  beautiful Kandahar, Afghanistan.  
The plan right now is to come home for a little R&R in October.  Maybe I can get my Girlfriend's Dad to let us use his hunting lodge for a little shindig when I'm home.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 4/1/2004 2:49:23 PM EDT
[#4]
Lexington, SC right outside Columbia, smack dab in the middle of the state.

-Hershey
Link Posted: 4/1/2004 3:01:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I'm from Rutherfordton, NC.  I'm currently pimping myself out to the .mil folks in  beautiful Kandahar, Afghanistan.  
The plan right now is to come home for a little R&R in October.  Maybe I can get my Girlfriend's Dad to let us use his hunting lodge for a little shindig when I'm home.

CHRIS

I suppose telling you to keep your head down and check six would be a tad redundant.  Thanks for your service to our nation, and come home safely.  We're all behind you.
Link Posted: 4/1/2004 3:58:23 PM EDT
[#6]
Between Clemson and Myrtle Beach.

Link Posted: 4/1/2004 4:39:55 PM EDT
[#7]
I'm in Gastonia NC.
When I get the time, which isn't very often, I go shootin' at the range in the UwHarrie Forrest.
I might try to go this Sunday if anybody else wants to meet up there.

Link Posted: 4/1/2004 8:39:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Goldsboro, NC.

I like to go shooting at Personal Defense & Handgun Safety Center www.pdhsc.com/ in Raleigh.
Link Posted: 4/1/2004 8:45:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Between Winston-Salem and Mt Airy here.
Link Posted: 4/2/2004 2:42:33 AM EDT
[#10]
Live in Lexington.NC
Born and raised in Snow Camp,NC.
GLOCK-23

Link Posted: 4/2/2004 7:01:59 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I'm in Gastonia NC.
When I get the time, which isn't very often, I go shootin' at the range in the UwHarrie Forrest.

hello fellow gas-house resident
where exactly is that range?
Link Posted: 4/2/2004 7:37:54 AM EDT
[#12]
I'm in Easley, SC.

I shoot on a private range, anyone know of a public range in the upstate that allows machine guns?
Link Posted: 4/2/2004 8:29:26 AM EDT
[#13]
Goose Creek here(the slums of charleston)
Link Posted: 4/2/2004 11:58:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Between Winston-Salem and Belews Lake, down the road from Walkertown, NC.

Samuel
Link Posted: 4/2/2004 11:59:04 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
I'm in Gastonia NC.

I have heard about that place. Can you give directions?

Samuel
Link Posted: 4/2/2004 2:05:31 PM EDT
[#16]
I'm in the North Augusta / Aiken SC. area.
Link Posted: 4/2/2004 2:39:07 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm in Gastonia NC.

I have heard about that place. Can you give directions?

Samuel

I have the directions written down somewhere.  I'll see if I can find them.
I know how to get there, just don't remember all the road names.

Link Posted: 4/2/2004 3:50:05 PM EDT
[#18]
i'm in the big metropolis of shoals - between winston-salem and mt. airy as well.  
not too far from threefiftynone.

G-23 and samuel are close by.  and we could fall in for some action in rutherfordton fairly easy.
Link Posted: 4/2/2004 6:09:30 PM EDT
[#19]
I'm in Union County, NC.  I go to the Uwharries a lot, as well.  It's nice, just please don't destroy it if you start going up there.  A lot of dumbasses have come close to ruining it for everyone.  I kind of doubt that anyone on here fits that description, though.  
Link Posted: 4/2/2004 8:19:22 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
I'm in Easley, SC.

I shoot on a private range, anyone know of a public range in the upstate that allows machine guns?

there is a state park range (unregulated, no RO's or anything) that you could shoot anything you wanted to on.
it's located in the Sumter National Forest in Walhalla.  its about a 25min drive from Clemson.  i go there about once a month, being that its an open public range you get some shady characters that come by sometimes, its a good idea to take a friend. let me know if you want some directions or would like me (i'm sure SVI40 would want to come too ) to take you up there sometime
Link Posted: 4/2/2004 8:34:32 PM EDT
[#21]
I live in Charlotte N.C. and usually shoot at the Gastonia police range opento the public 1-5 on Saturdays.
Link Posted: 4/2/2004 8:45:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
CHRIS

Chris: One of our deputies just got back from his SECOND tour overseas. The first was in Trashcanistan, he was home for about 7-8 months, then got to spend 8 months in Iraq (yeah, he's in the 211th NG). Be careful & watch your six...Come home safe & the first six pack of cold ones is on me....

I'm in Polk County, just off I-26 about halfway between Asheville & Spartanburg.
Link Posted: 4/3/2004 9:33:21 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
I live in Charlotte N.C. and usually shoot at the Gastonia police range opento the public 1-5 on Saturdays.

they still have that goofy rule of only letting you shoot at 100 yards?
Link Posted: 4/3/2004 9:53:48 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Chris: One of our deputies just got back from his SECOND tour overseas. The first was in Trashcanistan, he was home for about 7-8 months, then got to spend 8 months in Iraq (yeah, he's in the 211th NG). Be careful & watch your six...Come home safe & the first six pack of cold ones is on me....

I'm in Polk County, just off I-26 about halfway between Asheville & Spartanburg.

Cool. You aren't that far from me.  I'm right off of the 74 bypass extension, across the road from the Cleghorn Plantation.  I'll have to take you up on that beer offer.

CHRIS
Link Posted: 4/3/2004 10:15:51 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:
I'm in Easley, SC.

there is a state park range (unregulated, no RO's or anything) that you could shoot anything you wanted to on.
it's located in the Sumter National Forest in Walhalla.  its about a 25min drive from Clemson.  i go there about once a month, being that its an open public range you get some shady characters that come by sometimes, its a good idea to take a friend. let me know if you want some directions or would like me (i'm sure SVI40 would want to come too ) to take you up there sometime

No, I wouldnt mind. Just tell me when to be there!
Link Posted: 4/3/2004 12:13:06 PM EDT
[#26]
-Absolut-
email sent.
Link Posted: 4/3/2004 12:42:04 PM EDT
[#27]
btw- if anyone wants to be a guest with me at Ant Hill on a weekend after about May 10 I'd be more than happy to take you. It is most definatly one of the nicest ranges on the East coast and I'm only allowed 3 guests per year so consider yourself special.  Absolut, i know its a long drive, but its worth it!  
Link Posted: 4/3/2004 12:57:30 PM EDT
[#28]
svi40,

Yeah, Ant Hill is one of the nicest shooting range I have ever had the pleasure of using.  Tim Timberlake and Joe Justice are two of the nicest shooter I have ever had the pleasure of competing with.  I'm usually at there monthly USPSA match.  I live in Tabor City, NC, just under an hour from Ant Hill.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 4/3/2004 1:01:58 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
svi40,

Yeah, Ant Hill is one of the nicest shooting range I have ever had the pleasure of using.  Tim Timberlake and Joe Justice are two of the nicest shooter I have ever had the pleasure of competing with.  I'm usually at there monthly USPSA match.  I live in Tabor City, NC, just under an hour from Ant Hill.

Vulcan94

Tim and Joe are for sure the nicest guys I have shot with in IPSC.(edited to add- and by far the best wheelgunners in NC) I dont get around to practical shooting much anymore but I miss it most definatly. Its a long story but the jist of it is that Im at the inbetween stage of leaving home. Used to be my dad would always go with me to shoot and support me at it. Now I have to pay for everything and its a different story! Not only that but I cant have handguns in the car becuase im only 19. Are you a member out there?
Link Posted: 4/3/2004 2:23:40 PM EDT
[#30]
Living in the heart of the Pee Dee here.
Close to Florence, or the intersection of I-95 & I-20.
Shoot at a small private range, four pistol stations up to 50 yards and three rifle stations, 50, 100, 200 yd.
Link Posted: 4/3/2004 2:32:30 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

Quoted:
svi40,

Vulcan94

Tim and Joe are for sure the nicest guys I have shot with in IPSC. I dont get around to practical shooting much anymore but I miss it most definatly. Its a long story but the jist of it is that Im at the inbetween stage of leaving home. Used to be my dad would always go with me to shoot and support me at it. Now I have to pay for everything and its a different story! Not only that but I cant have handguns in the car becuase im only 19. Are you a member out there?

No, I'm not.  I have thought about becoming a member, but I don't think I would go enough times to justify the membership.  At least, not when I can do all the shooting I want in the backyard.

Vulcan94
Link Posted: 4/3/2004 7:33:28 PM EDT
[#32]
I work graveyard shift, and for myself afterward, when I can find it.  Evening meets during the week are tough for me.

That being said, I have a place to "go pistolero" weekday mornings.  

You guys are welcome to come shoot.
Link Posted: 4/4/2004 8:23:18 AM EDT
[#33]
Fayetteville.
Link Posted: 4/4/2004 12:40:26 PM EDT
[#34]
I'm in Durham. I shoot handguns and rimfire at
www.dcwc.net/
I can bring guests M-F, but weekends are for members only.
If anyone in the area would like to check it out, just IM me.
Link Posted: 4/5/2004 9:37:25 PM EDT
[#35]
So, how about a shoot in the Raleigh area?

It seems in NC we have a harder time puting something together.

We need to show the other Hometown boards that we can put it together.
Link Posted: 4/6/2004 3:06:53 PM EDT
[#36]
I'm in Sanford.I usaully shoot indoors at Guns Plus in Spring lake ,or outdoors at Range-1 in Lillington.I have also shot at Personal Defense in Raliegh one time,and the public range in UwHarrie. I was a member  at San-Lee gun club,in Sanford, but let my membership runout because the shotgunners think black rifles are bad.I am currently trying to find the hours of operation for Trigger Time in Carthage to start shooting there also.

Link Posted: 4/9/2004 2:26:25 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:
I'm in Durham. I shoot handguns and rimfire at
www.dcwc.net/
I can bring guests M-F, but weekends are for members only.
If anyone in the area would like to check it out, just IM me.

This is my first post in the Hometown forum...  So Hi all.  I live in Durham, till the end of the month.  Then I'll be in Carborro.  I also shoot handguns, rimfire and skeet at DCWC and I shoot centerfire at Frank's Range in Oxford.

I've been into PDHSC a few times to look around the "proshop," and one of these weekends I'm going to rent the "special" black rifle on the wall and give that one a try.

Link Posted: 4/9/2004 2:43:38 PM EDT
[#38]
I live west of Charlotte, NC.

There's a 3-gun match this Saturday in North Wilksboro.  Anyone interested IM me for details and directions.

Shoot at a private range 15 minutes from home.

I also go to the IDPA match in Greenvile, SC once a month.

An if the wife is willing and I've bee a good by with my "Honey do's"........I go to the Boone, NC IDPA match once a month.  They also have shotgun or carbine side matches.

Link Posted: 4/9/2004 6:29:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Hey Rambosky, I'm in Charlotte. I usually shoot in Wilkesboro, but I've been out of town the last couple of weekends, so I'm not going to make this one. If you shoot Wilkesboro regularly, then I probably know you, at least by face.
Link Posted: 4/14/2004 2:07:42 AM EDT
[#40]
hey yall.im in robbinsville.its in graham county or as us locals call it grayham counte.
i dont go past asheville much but if any of you are coming my way look me up.im hoping to have my own home range by the end of the summer if i can stop wasting my money on the essentials, guns, ammo, and beer.not nessecarily in that order
Link Posted: 4/14/2004 4:13:19 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:
I'm in Gastonia NC.

How do you get to there?  A friend from work goes there, I live outside of Mooresville / Kannapolis, in the armpit of Rowan County.  But I will be moving to Gastonia, technological surplus from my job.
Link Posted: 4/14/2004 4:20:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Oh yeah, I am usually be seen at shooters express in belmount with one of my friends.  I really do want to go to a long range with my AR, when I visit my parents in WV, there is free range at the park, up to 300 yards.  Get to meet lots of gun owners there, and very nice folks, got to shoot a few different pistols and let them try out mine.
Link Posted: 4/14/2004 4:23:17 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm in northwest Guilford County and shoot at DPRC near Mebane. Sorry, no full auto or .50 cal there. Nice range though.

M-Forgery
Link Posted: 4/23/2004 8:54:09 PM EDT
[#44]
Spartanburg, here.

Never heard of it? There's a pretty good reason for that...
Link Posted: 4/23/2004 9:00:12 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:
Spartanburg, here.

Never heard of it? There's a pretty good reason for that...

heard of it and been there
Link Posted: 4/24/2004 3:23:10 PM EDT
[#46]
I'm from down by Springfield, SC (orangeburg county).

Patrick
Link Posted: 4/24/2004 6:03:06 PM EDT
[#47]
Greenville, SC.

Link Posted: 4/25/2004 11:50:15 AM EDT
[#48]
Downtown Charleston

Twin Ponds range sounds good to me.
Link Posted: 4/25/2004 11:58:42 AM EDT
[#49]
Jacksonville
I have my own range, 30 acres.
Here's a picture of where I do my shooting

Link Posted: 4/25/2004 1:11:17 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
Jacksonville
I have my own range, 30 acres.

Lucky bastard.  
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top