Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/3/2003 8:18:22 PM EDT
They sell $99 Jennings pistols, but have a "No Concealed Weapons" sign on ONE of their 3 entrance doors.

I have a post in the "Team" Forum.  If anyone would like a heads up on this one, and cannot view the team forum, IM me.

Long story short... Walk in a Pawn Shop that has 3 entrances. Look around, buy nothing. When leaving by a different door, I see the "No Concealed Handguns" sign. I go back to the door I entered. No sign there.

More fun details tomorrow.

Apple Pawn Shop, 131 West 4th St, Winston-Salem, NC.

I've been up and "working" for 26 hours after 4 hours of sleep. I'm going to bed.

I promise to give you the whole story tomorrow... maybe Sunday.... I've got a lot of things to do this weekend, but visiting Apple Pawn ain't one of them....

Never Again......

Link Posted: 10/4/2003 12:27:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Does this mean you plan to walk in packing?

Something similiar:

When I took the concealed carry course here in Goldsboro which was taught by someone from the Sherrifs office the following was covered. The mall in Goldsboro has a no weapons sign on the door to the main entrance but other entrances including Sears do not have a sign. According to the instructor the most that can be done is you are asked to leave (which you must then do) and if you are arrested you should call a lawyer.

Edited to add:

The instructor also mentioned that you may be asked to prove which way you entered IE: Where is you car parked?
Link Posted: 10/4/2003 7:05:58 PM EDT
[#2]
That sucks, I look forward to hearing the details......

-REAPER2502
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 10:16:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Here's the long version...

When I saw the sign, I stepped back in to tell the guy there that I wouldn't be back in the store, due to their policy.  He said he thought it was BS, too, but it is his bosses policy.  The guy was cool about it.

Then this raving looney woman who works there butts in with "Most Retail businesses don't want Concealed handguns in their store."

I said "Fine, have a nice day", and walked out.

I walked around the block, looking at every other business, and Apple Pawn was the only one with a "No CH" sigh in their window....  So I walked my happy ass back in Apple Pawn and said, as politely as I could,  "Ma'am, I mean no harm or disrespect, but you made me think, with your statement about Retail Businesses not wanting CH in their place of business.  I just walked around the block, and your store is the only one on the block with a sign prohibiting CH."

Then the shit really hit the fan.  She started yelling at me.  Too funny!  She said that she was sure I was proud to have a CHL, and that if I was a real man, I wouldn't need a gun to defend myself, that I must be paranoid and think that the world was "out to get me", among other crazy shit.

I then let her know that I could legally carry in her store, due to the fact that 2 of the 3 doors had no sign in them.  That just set her off more.  I thought I was going to see a vein rupture...

She could have made a sailor blush with the language she was using.  She informed me that she didn't want the business of "People like You". I let her finish her rant, and said "Goodbye, Ma'am, Have a nice day" and turned toward the door.

"GET THE FUCK OUT OF MY STORE AND NEVER COME BACK", was the last words she'll ever speak to me.

It was kinda fun, watching her go off over some stupid shit like this.........
Link Posted: 10/5/2003 11:48:34 PM EDT
[#4]
unfortunatly it will take an act of violence on her to maker her realize dhat if you were there you could have stopped it.
Link Posted: 10/8/2003 4:50:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow. What a hypocrite. The store sells weapons but is anti self defense.
Link Posted: 10/9/2003 7:19:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Aside from her off-base political sympathies......she handled herself like an irritated teenager.

What a silly bitch.

People never cease to amaze me with their stupid bullshit.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top