Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/23/2003 7:29:27 PM EDT
Hey guys, I know that the three of us have discussed the gun laws in Durham County at length.  Well, unfortunately a job transfer looks like it is going to land me in Durham County in the next 2 weeks.  

I remember there was some debate about DPD and/or Durham Sheriff's office enforcing the county wide handgun registration.  Do either of you have any links handy that would help me figure this out?

My only other alternative is to send the handguns down to Southern Pines to reside with my father.  

Any and all information is appreciated.

-REAPER2502
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 1:19:20 PM EDT
[#1]
Reaper 2502:

I'm not very well informed on Durham County's handgun registration plan, & unfortunately I don't have a contact with their Sheriff's Office or Durham PD to ask....

On the NCRPA website at www.ncrpa.org they have a link to the Durham County Wildlife Club. I would think that a call to DCWC would give you a starting point.

As far as I know, the NRA Field Rep for eastern NC is still Fred Edgecombe, but I don't have a current phone number or e-mail address for him. If you can't get in touch with him, IM me & I will call the Field Rep for western NC & get you some contact info.
I would imagine that Fred can clue you in on the situation in Durham County, or that any of the officers from NCRPA can help.....
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 1:59:21 PM EDT
[#2]
I posed the question of legality of registration of handguns on grnc and I got one response so
far...www.grnc.org/discussion/_disc1/00000017.htm  
If this link doesn't work look for the double post by Glen. Subject"CCW"
Also found  www.packing.org/talk/thread.jsp?talk_thread=4348

GLOCK-23
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 2:24:25 PM EDT
[#3]
NCCop,  Thanks for the links.  I have actually met Mr. Edgecomb on one occasion and found him to be a very knowledgeable man.  A friend of my father's knows him rather well.  I think I'll contact him and check out the link you posted.

Glock23,  Thanks for the thread.  I'm going to check it out right now.

Thanks fellas, now I have a starting point.  However, something in the back of my mind says this isn't going to be easy to accomplish.

-REAPER2502
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 7:31:16 AM EDT
[#4]
You might try this website for some info, it's the Durham Pistol And Rifle Club:

Durham Pistol and Rifle Club

I'm not a member, but I have been there, and it's a pretty nice range. I'm sure you can query someone there and either get info or get some contact info for local laws.
Link Posted: 8/26/2003 4:03:24 PM EDT
[#5]
I've lived in Durham for three weeks now...and I've searched the web high and low for any info on Durhams handgun registration.

I've come up with ZIP.

The way I see it...well, lets just say I'm not going to push the issue.

If you do find anything concrete, please pass it along.
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 2:09:06 PM EDT
[#6]
Slacker,

Where in Durham?  I'm going to be commuting over to Durham for the next 2 months and then moving over there at the end of October.  I'll be over by Duke's West Campus.  I've knocked myself out trying to find some info.  If I hit pay dirt I'll forward the results.

-REAPER2502
Link Posted: 8/27/2003 5:07:02 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Slacker,

Where in Durham?  I'm going to be commuting over to Durham for the next 2 months and then moving over there at the end of October.  I'll be over by Duke's West Campus.  I've knocked myself out trying to find some info.  If I hit pay dirt I'll forward the results.

-REAPER2502

I'm on Guess Rd off the Durham Frwy.
Send me an IM with contact info and I'll buy you a cold one.
Link Posted: 8/28/2003 9:40:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Guess road, are you serious????  I grew up there!!!!!!  I am originally from Durham, so I know the area you're in very well.  Roger that on the beer and I'll return the favor!  Let me get settled into the new job and I'll send the info.  Should take a couple of weeks.

-REAPER2502
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 2:53:16 AM EDT
[#9]
a new job.....in NC thats strange I thought they all wentover sea's.....c mon see the sarcasim....
Link Posted: 8/29/2003 5:20:37 PM EDT
[#10]
That's what I was thinking!!!!!  It is a shame to see so many high-tech jobs leaving our great state.  My job is low-tech.  It also helps that I've been with the same company for 13 years, so where the money is, I follow.

-REAPER2502
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top