Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/23/2003 2:21:35 PM EDT
Visted Ocean Isle Beach this past week and spend a wonderful time sunning it up on the oceanfront. My little girl rode her bike all week long to the beach. Friday around noon it was stolen!

Now who the hell would steal a 4 year olds bike. You know the kind. Pink, Barbie with little tassles hanging off the handlebars. Damn, I mean the Easter bunny brought her the bike for God's sake.

Thought I would call the police and file a report. To my surprise two officer showed up within 10 mins! They take a description and invite me to ride along. We cruise around for about 15 mins and find it in a local condo parking deck.

Talk about a happy little girl when we got back.

Thanks go out to the OIB PD! Great people to deal with.

Link Posted: 8/24/2003 1:28:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Hey, a free ride in a police car that didn't involve handcuffs and magistrates!!! Sounds like you lucked out....

Glad you were able to get the bike back. Kind of ruins a child's faith in human nature though, doesn't it?
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 2:14:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 2:18:46 PM EDT
[#3]
Man, how crappy does an individual have to be to steal a child's bike?  I think that is horrible!!  I'm sure that your youngster was crushed to find her prized bicycle stolen, but elated to have it recovered.  I'm glad that law enforcement helped you out.  It should bolster a positive image of LE in your child's mind....that they are there to help.  Glad everything turned out alright.

-REAPER2502
Link Posted: 8/24/2003 3:10:27 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
It should bolster a positive image of LE in your child's mind....that they are there to help
-REAPER2502

That what I told the Sgt I was riding with. I told him that this would teach my daughter a good lesson about LOE's being "the good guys".

We are tring to teach her about different job professions, one of the officers was female. I think that helped as well.

Over all, it was a good learning experence for her. I guess I got to get a bike lock now.
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 7:26:03 AM EDT
[#5]
I was an LEO for 25 years.
It's always GREAT when a citizen has a positive experience with local law enforcement.
Nothing warms the heart of a cop more than getting a child's lost bike back, gives you a "warm, fuzzy" feeling when that happens, I assure you.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top