Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/21/2003 3:13:19 PM EDT
Anyone know of this club, located in Fayetteville by the Expo Center?

Here's the info that another board member posted in my thread on the PerfectUnion boards, Mini-14 section:

Cumb. County Wildlife club. Its off of East Mountain Dr. Not to far for the National Ga. Arm. About a mile down the road from the Charlie Rose center. We have a 25yrd range. Its has a berm that keeps it apart for the 50yrd range. And a 100yrd range. The 50 and 100 are together. The fireing line is covered with a tin roof. There are a few things we need to fix and we are working on it. We just got $8000 from the NRA for range improvements. The yearly cost is $40.00........We can shoot 7 days a week. Day light to dark Mon. - Sat. and 1:00 till dark on Sunday. When you get back in country, let me know if you want to check it out.

Here's the thread:  www.perfectunion.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=4897&st=0

I went to check it out last weekend, and wasn't sure that the building I saw was it or not.

Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Chris
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 6:38:17 AM EDT
[#1]
yeah....past the expo center, going theree from 301, turn left.  It's at the bottom of the hill and a neighborhood has grown up around it. I believe it is a white building w/ green trim or a green steel roof.  

There also another toward Lillington, I think it is called range1

-HS
Link Posted: 8/22/2003 2:16:30 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
yeah....past the expo center, going theree from 301, turn left.  It's at the bottom of the hill and a neighborhood has grown up around it. I believe it is a white building w/ green trim or a green steel roof.  

There also another toward Lillington, I think it is called range1

-HS

I figured that was it, but when I went there the white gate was blocking the entrance, and I couldn't see any sign saying what the place was.

Also the large confederate flag flying from their flagpole kind of threw me off ....

I guess I'll go back there and walk on in whether the gate is up or not.

I checked out Range 1 during my last tour, and decided to stick with the post Rod & Gun Club due to the lower costs.

I don't want to register my guns with the PMO, so I guess I'll check Range 1 out again.

Thanks for the help .... Chris
Link Posted: 8/25/2003 9:04:25 AM EDT
[#3]
No problem,

They meet there on one thursday out of the month for dinner.  I cant remember which thurs.

good luck

-HS
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 9:33:45 AM EDT
[#4]
I would like to join also, unfortunately I don't know how to contact them.
Link Posted: 9/6/2003 4:03:35 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
I would like to join also, unfortunately I don't know how to contact them.

Go to Shooter's Pawn on Bragg Blvd and ask about the club.  

Two of the guys working there are members, and can give you the information on who, within the club, you need to contact.

In the meantime, I've decided to go back to the Rod & Gun Club on-post.  Weapons registration was painless, and the club has dropped their rate-of-fire restriction.

I was able to shoot on the uncovered side of the range twice last weekend, pretty much all to myself, even in the middle of the day.

Because of this, I was able to do the moving/shooting drills as outlined in the Short Range Marksmanship section of our new Marksmanship Field Manual, which you wouldn't have been able to do when I was here last time (1996-2000).

Chris
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top