Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/4/2003 8:21:29 PM EDT
Did anyone get a chance to go out to see the gunshow in Raleigh this weekend?  I'd be interested in hearing about what I missed.

-REAPER2502
Link Posted: 5/6/2003 2:57:11 AM EDT
[#1]
Random thoughts. Oh and be forwarned, spelling and typing suck.
Sixth show of the year for me and by far the best IMO. Didn't see a single beanie baby!
EXCELLENT selection of handguns, best I've seen. Don't know about prices as I was not in the market for 1.
Went looking for 3 things other than the usual ammo deals and 'great buys, 1: Leupold Scope - didn't see the particular one I was interested in.
2: An ACOG TA01B - yeah right.
3: .308 Remington 700 VS - Found one but couldn't come to terms with the dealer.
Saw some SA battle packs for get this... $97 per! Almost fell out laughing.
Olympic and DPMS were well represented, other brands were scarce. I didn't see a huge amount selling, but when you price DPMS stripped lowers at $164.95...
Usual militaria and books. Although there was some hot sauce, jewelry, arrowheads, etc for sale, there didn't seem to be as much of that stuff as there have beeen at other shows I've attended this year.
Overall I thought it was a really good show. Lots of walking and looking room between the tables. (unlike Greensboro!) Ended up finding a fair deal on some Federal match ammo and a tactical case for a 20" AR. Almost bit the bullet on Benelli pump but was unsure of what they go for so passed.
Link Posted: 5/7/2003 8:19:19 PM EDT
[#2]
I know what you mean about the $164 stripped lowers.  It seems like at the majority of shows I've been to in NC, that the dealers seem to think most of us don't know how cheap you can get some items.  I mean, $164 for a stripped lower? $97 for a battle pack of SA?  It's almost like they prey on the ignorant.

Did you say hot sauce?  I was shocked that there were no Beanie Babies, but hot sauce?  Now I've heard everything!!  Thanks for the update on the show, 'cause I didn't get the chance to get out there.

-REAPER2502  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top