Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/15/2022 2:09:36 PM EDT
I need recommendations for something easy to put in my large containers of ammo. The containers seel really well and are designed for ammo. But I wanted to know if there is something easy I can throw in them that will help keep any moisture out. Preferably something I could buy at menards, lowes or walmart so I can pick up today.

Thank you
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 2:43:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Hand warmers
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 5:21:22 PM EDT
[#2]
i've heard of cheap kitty litter, in side of a old sock or panty hose.... I tried the hand warmer thing, didn't work for me, or I had a bad gasket...
Link Posted: 6/15/2022 9:30:55 PM EDT
[#3]
For ammo cans, I should imagine some small packets of desiccant should do.

You might call your local Walmart and see if they have Dry & Dry in stock. Walmart carries a variety of Dry & Dry, but Walmart online says you can get a package of fifty small Dry & Dry silica gel packets (2 inch packets @ 2grams or 5grams) for 8 or 11 bucks.

https://www.walmart.com/search?q=Dry+%26+Dry

If you have a local gun powder store, they probably carry some kind of desiccant, too.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top