Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/31/2022 4:46:37 PM EDT
Anyone in Rolla area (or anywhere in Missouri) that engraves serial numbers on 80%ers?
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 6:00:30 PM EDT
[#1]
Anyone could do it before it is finished by milling.

I use a shop in Lees Summit for my laser engraving but he is not an FFL so you have to take it there and wait for it to be done
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 6:52:25 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I use a shop in Lees Summit for my laser engraving but he is not an FFL so you have to take it there and wait for it to be done
View Quote

Mind saying who it is?
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 7:52:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Mind saying who it is?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mind saying who it is?

reACTIV Laser Systems

https://reactivlaser.com/
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 11:11:13 AM EDT
[#4]
You can drop off an 80% BEFORE you start working on it to any engraving shop since it is not considered a firearm at that stage. You can still take it to a local engraver (without a FFL) after you start working on the frame, BUT, you. MUST stay with the frame at all times until the work is done. If you want to drop it off then pick it up later after work has been done to the frame, then you must take it to a FFL.

I don't know how much this will change once the new rule goes into effect.
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 2:01:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Why? are you making a NFA firearm out of it?
Link Posted: 6/1/2022 8:34:01 PM EDT
[#6]
You would find it hard to believe how bad things just got in Illinois.
Still sorting through the legislation that was just signed but it looks like any kit or finished  80% must have a serial number.
Maybe all uppers as well.
Serial numbers in Illinois must be done by an FFL and registered with the state.
No registration if the work is done out of state.(It is believed)
Link Posted: 6/9/2022 9:05:47 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
You would find it hard to believe how bad things just got in Illinois.
Still sorting through the legislation that was just signed but it looks like any kit or finished  80% must have a serial number.
Maybe all uppers as well.
Serial numbers in Illinois must be done by an FFL and registered with the state.
No registration if the work is done out of state.(It is believed)
View Quote

Don't move to MO, it is way worse here
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 12:22:31 PM EDT
[#8]
So, is serializing an 80% a thing here in MO...at this point or is only when 80% will be used on NFA items?
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 6:50:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Ive got a serialized 80. Just one though.
Link Posted: 6/14/2022 8:31:18 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 5:51:39 PM EDT
[#11]
View Quote

tl;dr

I haven't got time to wade through 61 pages of ATF hogwash
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 8:12:07 PM EDT
[#12]
You don't have to serialize your 80% builds.

However FFLs do have to serialize any privately made firearms they log in there books
Link Posted: 6/20/2022 11:15:09 PM EDT
[#13]
Everything I build has a serial number on it. From the original manufacturer even. I might be splitting hairs here....

Link Posted: 6/21/2022 11:38:00 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
You don't have to serialize your 80% builds.

However FFLs do have to serialize any privately made firearms they log in there books
View Quote

This is the correct information concerning home built firearms once the new ruling goes into effect. After the ruling goes into effect, companies that sell 80% frames will now have to have a FFL and mark all 80% frames with a serial number. Also any FFL dealer and gunsmith will be required to add a serial number to all home built firearms when logged into their bound books.

Again for those that have a home built firearm, you will not be required to put a serial number on them to be legal with the new ruling. This only effects FFL holders and manufacturers of 80% frames/receivers.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 1:11:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Yeah under the new ruling what exactly is or is not a firearm is still about a clear as mud. So far based on the examples they published with regard to AR lowers, 1. a raw unmachined lower forging is not a gun, and 2. a typical 80% lower witha jig and end mills as a kit is firearm. Everything else inbetween it's still unclear like: where a typical 80% lower falls on it's own, or where a completion kit(jig and tools) sans a lower falls, or where some hypothetical 75% lower would fall.
Link Posted: 6/21/2022 10:52:13 PM EDT
[#16]

I need this serial number for all my guns (well the ones that didn't get lost in the boating accident).
Link Posted: 6/25/2022 11:18:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top