Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/26/2022 5:35:13 PM EDT
I'm a real estate agent, and have a client that is wanting a off the grid property. She needs a solar array to power it, and you can write everything down in a matchbook with a crayon that I know about solar...  So can anyone recommend a company in the south central/eastern side of the state that would know/do installations??  I'm familiar with Mo wind and solar over by springfield, but have heard mixed reviews.....

The big kicker to this is I think she is going going to need to run a well....
Link Posted: 5/26/2022 9:26:56 PM EDT
[#1]
I personally know nothing. I have seen adds for Gererac solar systems however. Tesla also. Something to check into.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 12:02:26 AM EDT
[#2]
I only know people in NW Arkansas with large solar systems and I am pretty sure they all did the installs themselves.

I do know that every single one of them will talk for four hours straight to complete strangers about how awesome their solar crap is.

If it were me, I would find the post man, sheriff, fed ex dude, etc etc and just find intel on someone with a large setup and go ask them. They already did all the research.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 5:42:17 AM EDT
[#3]
I have a house listed now that has a 7400kw array on top... I called the seller, and asked about it.... He is about 69 yrs old.  "Heck, I don't remember, I just googled it, they were from California or some where...."
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 7:45:03 AM EDT
[#4]
Don't know about solar but I did find this.
Dont know if this is a deal or not. https://semo.craigslist.org/grd/d/atlanta-50-panel-solar-system/7486013759.html
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:17:10 AM EDT
[#5]
holy cow that's a big system, and probably not a bad price if it is "like new"...
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:28:44 PM EDT
[#6]
You would need a lot of open area with no trees for a long array that doesnt follow the sun.

The last one I helped replace some shocks on had oil filled pipes that heated up and shifted weight during the day. That way the panels turn with the sun without using any power to do it
Link Posted: 5/28/2022 11:54:03 PM EDT
[#7]
There really isn't one. All the solar companies I'm aware of are grid tied.

What your client wants is unrealistic without bringing in some really expensive installers. DIY is how most off grid installations happen.
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 4:41:16 PM EDT
[#8]
These folks did a good job for me.With Tesla cell backup I can go off grid whenever I want.
https://straightupsolar.com/missouri/
Link Posted: 5/31/2022 6:45:50 PM EDT
[#9]
Thanks, I will pass the information along!! I really appreciate you guy's input.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 3:58:15 PM EDT
[#10]
I work for Fischer Solar in Marthasville. MO.

https://www.fischersolar.com/

We install grid tie, hybrid and total off grid systems.  Email Ben @ [email protected] or call   636-283-0840 and he can answer all your questions.   Tell him Chris gave you his contact info.
Link Posted: 6/4/2022 3:59:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Not true if you work with a small local company.   Most of the big ones its true that it's too expensive.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top