Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/14/2022 1:02:07 PM EDT
Guess they just didn't have time to consider any pro gun bills in the 2 1/2 day work week that they have all session. According to Missouri Net a total of 44 bills were passed and sent to the Gov. for his consideration.

https://www.missourinet.com/2022/05/14/thats-a-wrap-what-bills-passed-and-what-bills-died-this-year-in-the-missouri-legislature/?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=email
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 2:06:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Along with dozens of other issues they could have passed with a republican super majority in both the house and senate.

There's a reason that Tennessee, Texas, and Florida are growing like crazy and businesses are moving there.....Missouri could be the same way.  Fixing the do nothing state senate is the first step.
Link Posted: 5/14/2022 9:49:15 PM EDT
[#2]
But we got voter photo ID again... until it's signed, in court, and overturned... again.

The senate did also decide to go home early after wrenching defeat from the jaws of victory yet again in redistricting... don't be surprised to see Ann Wagner's seat turn blue.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 7:24:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Guess they just didn't have time to consider any pro gun bills . . .
View Quote

Turns out "critical race theory" and transgender girls participating in sports poll much better as wedge issues in 2022.
Link Posted: 5/15/2022 8:17:40 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Along with dozens of other issues they could have passed with a republican super majority in both the house and senate.

There's a reason that Tennessee, Texas, and Florida are growing like crazy and businesses are moving there.....Missouri could be the same way.  Fixing the do nothing state senate is the first step.
View Quote

What did you want them to do?

Link Posted: 5/16/2022 2:52:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Why the hell would they put any of our bills on the front burner in the last days once they saw how little the grassroots cared about it?

The rally is a critical event, but it was the worst turnout I've seen in two decades. Two legislators came down to speak and saw hardly anyone there. After that, none of the other legislators bothered to come, either.

I sensed a lot of apathy this year. I wouldn't be surprised if there had been far fewer calls and mail to the reps throughout most of this session.

Apathy is bad. Tides can turn.

Next year, eh.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 6:23:25 PM EDT
[#6]
Apparently having a rally on a Tuesday makes it hard for people to go.

I'm as shocked as the rest of you.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 9:28:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yet hundreds and or a couple thousand of people usually make it out. It's pretty easy to take a day off when you have a few months notice.
Link Posted: 5/16/2022 10:26:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well, given that legislators arrive at the Capitol Monday afternoon and leave mid-day Thursday, what day do you think would be better?

Link Posted: 5/17/2022 2:00:11 PM EDT
[#9]
I could see fuel prices affecting attendance at the rally.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 3:25:54 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Yet hundreds and or a couple thousand of people usually make it out. It's pretty easy to take a day off when you have a few months notice.
View Quote

That depends upon what's happening at work..
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 8:03:09 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I could see fuel prices affecting attendance at the rally.
View Quote

And the possibility of a false flag attempt.....
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 8:24:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Well, given that legislators arrive at the Capitol Monday afternoon and leave mid-day Thursday, what day do you think would be better?

View Quote

With limitations like that I'm surprised you got as many as you did.
Link Posted: 5/17/2022 9:30:45 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

With limitations like that I'm surprised you got as many as you did.
View Quote

For the record, I didn't have anything to do with it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 10:45:03 AM EDT
[#14]
I went once.  I don't think this rally should even be necessary in a state with a Repubican super-majority and the fact that even many/most Democrats in our state are gun owners.  There's 0 reason not to pass any pro-gun legislation yet these guys don't seem to be interested.  

Dem politicians are already trying to figure a way to get elected again and if the runoff stuff passes then I believe we will see more anti-2A politicians in Jeff City as opposed to 2A neutral politicians that we seem to have.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top