Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 5/10/2022 10:22:41 PM EDT
Moved from AZ to be here. Its been great. Everyone is so helpful and welcoming. Big difference compared to az. Almost all the way moved in. Get my washer and dryer tomorrow. Just waiting for the city to bring me my trash cans.

But...

I need curtains asap on my home. Anyone know someone who does this? I got in touch with one company but they cant see me till the end of the month. Anyone have a wife or girlfriend whos a designer or just good with old houses? Or maybe your a guy who know about curtains and their installation. Help me!
Link Posted: 5/10/2022 11:27:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 4:19:22 AM EDT
[#2]
pick up your phone or just go by your local church , and ask the pastor.   what you are needing or looking for .  the ladies in there
have a wealth of  knowledge and contacts that should be able to help you make a house a home in that city  ..

TS2
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 10:54:30 AM EDT
[#3]
Jeremy, there is a sewing shop at 16th St. and Osage... south-east corner. You might try there. Otherwise I would go to the Amish store at Windsor and explain to them what you are needing, there's a good possibility that some of the women in that community would do that sort of work.

My wife sewed the curtains for our house and it took quite a bit of time as I recall.

Lance
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 12:07:58 PM EDT
[#4]
The people here are awesome. They're way more like the people I knew when I lived in rual Ohio. Way more my speed.

My experience with people in AZ was pretty bad. That's the primary reason I had to go.

Good you're getting settled in, glad you like MO.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 2:22:04 PM EDT
[#5]
I’ve been active on arfcom since 2005. I’m pretty sure this is the first time i’ve seen a call out for help with . . . curtains.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 3:51:22 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:24:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I’ve been active on arfcom since 2005. I’m pretty sure this is the first time i’ve seen a call out for help with . . . curtains.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/20/2022 2:13:57 AM EDT
[#8]
OP, for something nice, go east in 50 to Tipton and hit up the Dutch Bakery there, lots of good stuff.  They are really expanding it.  Worth a visit and shopping.  Keep going east to California and as I understand, Burgher's smokehouse sells factory seconds of hams and beef sticks there.  Burgher's has the best beef sticks.
Link Posted: 5/22/2022 1:29:14 PM EDT
[#9]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
OP, for something nice, go east in 50 to Tipton and hit up the Dutch Bakery there, lots of good stuff.  They are really expanding it.  Worth a visit and shopping.  Keep going east to California and as I understand, Burgher's smokehouse sells factory seconds of hams and beef sticks there.  Burgher's has the best beef sticks.
View Quote

??
Link Posted: 6/5/2022 3:55:53 PM EDT
[#10]
We have custom length blinds in both of our houses.

We ordered them online from a place like this:
https://www.blinds.com/p/blindscom-2-inch-faux-wood-blinds/524032
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top