Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 4/23/2022 6:36:09 PM EDT
I’m going to be heading to the STL area this coming weekend for a reptile/snake expo.

Was planning on checking out the Botanical Garden but tickets are sold out on Friday, so now I’m looking for other random cool stuff to check out.

Also give me a couple of reasonably price restaurants.

Thank for any recommendations/info.

Link Posted: 4/24/2022 2:20:04 AM EDT
[#1]
We have a world class zoo, and it's free.  Transportation Museum is actually quite good... Dozens of sweet trains. There's a badass escape room in Soulard.  I don't get into sports but if the Cards are in town that's always a popular thing.  City Museum is probably the coolest place you can possibly take a kid (and it's fun without them too). Art Museum is decent, and free.

Regarding food, well I will let someone else make those recommendations. I'm always a little disappointed with food here.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 11:17:59 AM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
We have a world class zoo, and it's free that is funded by county (and some city) tax payers, so there's no admission fee.  Transportation Museum is actually quite good... Dozens of sweet trains. There's a badass escape room in Soulard.  I don't get into sports but if the Cards are in town that's always a popular thing.  City Museum is probably the coolest place you can possibly take a kid (and it's fun without them too). Art Museum is decent, and free that is funded by county (and some city) tax payers, so there's no admission fee

View Quote

Sorry, still salty,,, tax season just ended
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 8:17:23 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
We have a world class zoo, and it's free.  Transportation Museum is actually quite good... Dozens of sweet trains. There's a badass escape room in Soulard.  I don't get into sports but if the Cards are in town that's always a popular thing.  City Museum is probably the coolest place you can possibly take a kid (and it's fun without them too). Art Museum is decent, and free.

Regarding food, well I will let someone else make those recommendations. I'm always a little disappointed with food here.
View Quote

Just went to the zoo with the family and some friends, enjoyable as usual. Just be advised that they are still limiting people and they WILL be booked up on weekends, especially if it’s going to be nice. You can sign up online to get “tickets”.

Cards will be in town (we are going on Saturday), you can usually find decent tickets for cheap. I always recommend the Redbird club seats. We snagged tickets for $37/ea and it has a separate concessions area that is separated from the rest of the rabble.
Link Posted: 4/24/2022 8:40:21 PM EDT
[#4]
City Museum is really cool and worth it to just kill an hour or two by yourself, same with Zoo.  Both might still be doing timed entries/tickets.  Could always do a brewery tour too.

Broadway Oyster Bar and Gioia's Deli are decent, same with DB's Sports bar.
Link Posted: 4/25/2022 3:01:58 AM EDT
[#5]
After some reflection, I must recommend a few restaurants.

Lunch: Yummi Tummi in Maplewood. Ramen is good.  Alternate:  Sauce on the Side in Clayton. Second alternate: Stacked in Carondelet.  Don't go at night. Not a great neighborhood if you get lost.

Dinner: Sushi Station in Webster Groves- specifically the Pork Katsudon. Add a Zwickel and I'm in heaven. Alternate: Olympia Kebob House.

Late Dinner / Drinks: Urban Chestnut Brewery. I'm not a bar guy but I do enjoy breweries!

And if you're looking for less international flair, there's always Mellow Mushroom in Sunset Hills. The Maui Wowie is my favorite.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 1:21:46 AM EDT
[#6]
Thanks for all the info guys. I will report back if we end up going to any of the places mentioned here.

Thank you!!!
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 9:17:02 AM EDT
[#7]
I'm pretty fond of the botanical gardens. They're really rather nice.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 10:42:21 AM EDT
[#8]
Go to Berix, try the Sirnica or Burek.  The Cevapi is good too.
Link Posted: 4/27/2022 11:20:04 AM EDT
[#9]
Another vote for Sauce on the Side...

And check out the STL Italian Hill.  Lots of good places to eat there.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 12:17:42 AM EDT
[#10]
Well STL has been a lot of fun. The reptile expo was amazing. We didn’t have much time to get around town so stuck to the area of our hotel mostly.
While at the convention center earlier today we noticed a Sauce on the Side near by, so we went! It was amazing. Thanks for recommending that one guys. I wish we had one in KC.
Link Posted: 5/1/2022 11:51:00 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Well STL has been a lot of fun. The reptile expo was amazing. We didn’t have much time to get around town so stuck to the area of our hotel mostly.
While at the convention center earlier today we noticed a Sauce on the Side near by, so we went! It was amazing. Thanks for recommending that one guys. I wish we had one in KC.
View Quote

Shame you didn't get any STL BBQ...  You'd never eat KC BBQ again. lol
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 1:50:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We need the internet fact checkers in here stat, we got some of the misdisinformation goin on
Link Posted: 5/2/2022 3:29:27 PM EDT
[#13]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top