Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 3/15/2022 3:59:23 PM EDT
Thinking about ordering a shotgun online. It's been a while since I have ordered a new gun. Who's got the best prices on transfers around Springfield? The last time I used Eagle Pawn and it was $20...but that was several years ago.
Link Posted: 3/15/2022 4:30:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/18/2022 9:15:40 AM EDT
[#2]
Just stopped by to recommend Eagle Pawn on Battlefield as you listed in your OP
Link Posted: 3/20/2022 9:08:55 PM EDT
[#3]
Hi,

I use Quick Draw Friearms in Monett, Mo.  They're pretty good folks to deal with.

John Krzos
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 10:31:23 AM EDT
[#4]
I think Armed Sources over by Bass Pro also does them for $20. Been a couple years, but I never had an issue with them. Used to use Eagle Pawn until they lost a friend's lower. Called him 6 months later when they finally found it.
Link Posted: 3/21/2022 3:11:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Eagle pawn can eat a bag of dicks. If not the worst shop in town, it's in the top three. Nor can I think of who the other two might be.

That aside, $20 for a transfer seem to be the norm anymore.

Armed Sources are good people. All About Guns are great people. 417 Guns are fair people if you don't look poors. Eagle Armory

I go to ALL About Guns for every transfer anymore.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 10:41:31 AM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hi,

I use Quick Draw Friearms in Monett, Mo.  They're pretty good folks to deal with.

John Krzos
View Quote

Excellent place to do business. Monett might not be worth the drive. Brad is a great guy.
Link Posted: 3/23/2022 1:23:25 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Eagle pawn can eat a bag of dicks. If not the worst shop in town, it's in the top three. Nor can I think of who the other two might be.

Armed Sources are good people. All About Guns are great people. 417 Guns are fair people if you don't look poors. Eagle Armory

View Quote

Why would you say that? I've had them transfer many guns for me over the years, and they have always been very nice and professional. Their prices on guns and ammo are probably some of the best I've seen locally.

I've never had a bad experience when dealing with them.......I'm curious  as to what issues you had with them?

Now if you would have said that about Steve's Guns (or whatever the name of his shop is now)...I would have agree 1000%

Link Posted: 3/25/2022 10:44:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Why would you say that? I've had them transfer many guns for me over the years, and they have always been very nice and professional. Their prices on guns and ammo are probably some of the best I've seen locally.

I've never had a bad experience when dealing with them.......I'm curious  as to what issues you had with them?

Now if you would have said that about Steve's Guns (or whatever the name of his shop is now)...I would have agree 1000%

View Quote

It's less the shop than the owner. Long standing dislike.

I don't know about a Steve's Guns. There was a Steve in Nixa who lost his license due to that scam with Ozark pd back when. He was a total pile of shit.
Was also a John's guns by Bass Pro. Not sure if he's still around. Was an odd dude to say the least.
Link Posted: 3/25/2022 5:42:27 PM EDT
[#9]
Doc Holidays in Ozark.  $20.  No need to deal with all the little guys in Springfield who need to skin you on a gun because they only have six to sell to make rent. Also, Eagle was always one of the higher priced stores.  That's why I quit stopping in.  Steve had great prices, but if you were sensitive it was best to stay away.  He was crooked as shit though.  Gunsmoke was the best when Brandon was running it. Now they're gone.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 7:57:57 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It's less the shop than the owner. Long standing dislike.

I don't know about a Steve's Guns. There was a Steve in Nixa who lost his license due to that scam with Ozark pd back when. He was a total pile of shit.
Was also a John's guns by Bass Pro. Not sure if he's still around. Was an odd dude to say the least.
View Quote

Yep...that's the dude.  Total A-Hole.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 8:02:20 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Doc Holidays in Ozark.  $20.  No need to deal with all the little guys in Springfield who need to skin you on a gun because they only have six to sell to make rent. Also, Eagle was always one of the higher priced stores.  That's why I quit stopping in.  Steve had great prices, but if you were sensitive it was best to stay away.  He was crooked as shit though.  Gunsmoke was the best when Brandon was running it. Now they're gone.
View Quote

I remember going in to Steve's years ago.  I walk in, his 6-8 buddies are all plopped up at the counter on their stools BS-ing with him.  No prices on anything in the store, so you have to ask Steve, or just buy it and hope you don't get screwed.

I pick up a set of reloading dies and walk up to the counter and ask him "can you please tell me how much this set of dies is?"?  He looks at me, and all his 8 buddies turn around and look at me......and he says "well, after you buy them you can find out how much they are" in a snarky tone....and they all start laughing.  I just put the dies on the counter, and said "Thanks" ....and walked out.    

Not sure why anyone would give money to a guy like that.
Link Posted: 3/28/2022 12:42:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

I remember going in to Steve's years ago.  I walk in, his 6-8 buddies are all plopped up at the counter on their stools BS-ing with him.  No prices on anything in the store, so you have to ask Steve, or just buy it and hope you don't get screwed.

I pick up a set of reloading dies and walk up to the counter and ask him "can you please tell me how much this set of dies is?"?  He looks at me, and all his 8 buddies turn around and look at me......and he says "well, after you buy them you can find out how much they are" in a snarky tone....and they all start laughing.  I just put the dies on the counter, and said "Thanks" ....and walked out.    

Not sure why anyone would give money to a guy like that.
View Quote

That sounds about exactly right. Him & his groupies. Guy had to worry about walking into a gay orgy going in there.

I will admit to buying a bunch of 20" Ar barrels from him. For being such an asshole about prices, the guy had no clue about what roll mark ment what. Score half a dozen A1 & A2 barrels. All were Colt & a couple had a wick in em still. Tried asking him what the big C MP ment. Got back the snotty I don't fucking know, buy em or leave. Gave him $300 for the lot.  Told him exactly what they were on the way out the door & got cussed for my enjoyment. That was a year or so before the  .gov went after him.

Link Posted: 3/28/2022 10:55:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Armed sources supports universal background checks. Fuck them.

Eagle Pawn has been great to me.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 4:42:36 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Armed sources supports universal background checks. Fuck them.

Eagle Pawn has been great to me.
View Quote

News to me. If ya don't like them, go elsewhere.  I despise the the owner of Eagle Pawn, so I go elsewhere.  Plenty of options around town. Main place I go is All About Guns or Hunts Hardware out in Miller.

Heck, if the lord blesses, I'll have my own shop in the next year & I'll be happy to do transfers. Not sure how it'll work out money wise with the wife getting laid off a couple weeks ago.
Link Posted: 3/29/2022 8:12:02 PM EDT
[#15]
That Hardware store in Miller is AWESOME.

Eagle Pawn has always been good for me.  ???????
Link Posted: 3/30/2022 8:14:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Brent @ 417 is the best.  Just be friendly and don’t ask stupid questions or act sketch.
Link Posted: 3/31/2022 1:31:47 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Brent @ 417 is the best.  Just be friendly and don’t ask stupid questions or act sketch.
View Quote

I remember going in there years ago.  Seemed like a nice enough guy......also seemed like a guy that was too busy to answer any question except "where do I pay?".  He just seemed like he didn't want to be bothered.....so I never went back.

Link Posted: 3/31/2022 3:08:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

I remember going in there years ago.  Seemed like a nice enough guy......also seemed like a guy that was too busy to answer any question except "where do I pay?".  He just seemed like he didn't want to be bothered.....so I never went back.

View Quote

Same experience. I don’t go to hang out but fuck act like you want my money at least.
Eagle armory has always acted like they didn’t want my business either. I went in to look at suppressors and the dude acted like it was a huge bother to even come to my end of the counter, ended up buying from SS and had to go back to use the kiosk,
Ask where it’s at and dude just jerks his thumb in the direction of what looks like a dark storage area.
Finish up with and walk back to the counter and ask the guy if there’s anything else I need to do and he didn’t even look up from his phone. Nope.
Didn’t even offer to show me anything.
Eagle Pawn and All about guns though. Every one at least pretends they like me so I spend lots of money between them.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 8:38:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Brent is kind of a strange dude. He definitely does have that I'm to busy vibe & I thought that he was a complete D-bag for a long time. But once he decides that you're fine, youre golden. I don't hardly stop in there anymore,  maybe a few times a year. Typically soon as I get in the door I'll hear "I put something in the back you're gonna want". Yes I Typically leave with that whatever it is. First SBR I did through him & he didn't charge me his fee. Just takes time with him I suppose.  Really is a nice guy overall.
Link Posted: 4/1/2022 1:47:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Brent is kind of a strange dude. He definitely does have that I'm to busy vibe & I thought that he was a complete D-bag for a long time. But once he decides that you're fine, youre golden. I don't hardly stop in there anymore,  maybe a few times a year. Typically soon as I get in the door I'll hear "I put something in the back you're gonna want". Yes I Typically leave with that whatever it is. First SBR I did through him & he didn't charge me his fee. Just takes time with him I suppose.  Really is a nice guy overall.
View Quote

Unfortunately.....I (and most people) don't have the time to waste to keep dealing with someone until they "decide I'm fine"....and at that point, they stop acting like a D-Bag.  I drove by 417 Guns the other day, and honestly I was shocked it was still there.  I completely forgot about that place.  How do places like that stay in business when you can just order online, probably same money, and not have to deal with any jerks.  

Like others have said...I've had great luck at Eagle Pawn. Great prices on accessories too...Pmags, sights, optics, etc, etc....are priced the same or better than what you can find them online.

Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:15:10 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Same experience. I don’t go to hang out but fuck act like you want my money at least.
Eagle armory has always acted like they didn’t want my business either. I went in to look at suppressors and the dude acted like it was a huge bother to even come to my end of the counter, ended up buying from SS and had to go back to use the kiosk,
Ask where it’s at and dude just jerks his thumb in the direction of what looks like a dark storage area.
Finish up with and walk back to the counter and ask the guy if there’s anything else I need to do and he didn’t even look up from his phone. Nope.
Didn’t even offer to show me anything.
Eagle Pawn and All about guns though. Every one at least pretends they like me so I spend lots of money between them.
View Quote

I also had a bad experience with Eagle Amory, they wouldn't let me look at optic. I haven't been back and always try to direct anyone who asks to a different NFA dealer for their transfers.
For NFA I always use Family First Pawn in Republic now. They are friendly and happy to handle my NFA transfers.

In Springfield Eagle Pawn is good to go in my purchasing experience. I have also transferred guns through them without problem.
Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:21:52 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I also had a bad experience with Eagle Amory, they wouldn't let me look at optic. I haven't been back and always try to direct anyone who asks to a different NFA dealer for their transfers.
For NFA I always use Family First Pawn in Republic now. They are friendly and happy to handle my NFA transfers.

In Springfield Eagle Pawn is good to go in my purchasing experience. I have also transferred guns through them without problem.
View Quote

Yep, I just transferred a gun through Eagle Pawn a couple of weeks ago. $20, and they were nice and friendly...and fast. No issues at all.

Link Posted: 4/14/2022 10:36:13 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's good to hear. I've only ever been there once. Was right after they opened. I'll have to check it out again.
Link Posted: 4/15/2022 9:54:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Deadeye pawn in Sparta has been good for me.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top