Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 10/13/2021 8:29:21 PM EDT
I hope our governor is working on stopping mandates like Texas has.  I know its not a solid move but it's something
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 9:21:59 PM EDT
[#1]
He has been pretty hands off when it comes to these things. It will need to come from the general assembly or the attorney general.

If a law is passed, legislating a ban, i would see him supporting it. I would also not be surprised if the AG files a court action. He loves doing that.
Link Posted: 10/13/2021 10:30:24 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
He has been pretty hands off when it comes to these things. It will need to come from the general assembly or the attorney general.

If a law is passed, legislating a ban, i would see him supporting it. I would also not be surprised if the AG files a court action. He loves doing that.
View Quote

I think he already has.
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 3:07:26 PM EDT
[#3]
The Gov is too busy suing people for pointing out that a state website was showing the social security numbers of a bunch of teachers.
https://krebsonsecurity.com/2021/10/missouri-governor-vows-to-prosecute-st-louis-post-dispatch-for-reporting-security-vulnerability/
Link Posted: 10/14/2021 11:00:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Hopefully he stays hands off. Private businesses are just that...private businesses.

I dislike the idea of companies creating mandates that might result in people losing their jobs, but I dislike the the government interfering with how private businesses are run 1000x more.

Link Posted: 10/14/2021 11:05:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Hopefully he stays hands off. Private businesses are just that...private businesses.

I don't agree with mandates, but I also don't like the government telling private businesses how to conduct themselves.
View Quote

I might be wrong isn't the lefts plan to have osha force companies to force mandates. Which would exactly be the government telling businesses how to conduct themselves.

Link Posted: 10/15/2021 7:13:15 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I dislike the idea of companies creating mandates that might result in people losing their jobs, but I dislike the the government interfering with how private businesses are run 1000x more.

View Quote

But the private businesses are only mandating because the government...
Link Posted: 10/15/2021 10:32:48 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I might be wrong isn't the lefts plan to have osha force companies to force mandates. Which would exactly be the government telling businesses how to conduct themselves.

View Quote

Quoted:

But the private businesses are only mandating because the government...
View Quote

Oh yeah, I get it. I just wish the solution to the fed telling people what their private businesses must do wasn't the state telling people what they're private businesses can't do. Maybe I'm just a little too naive and idealistic.

Link Posted: 10/18/2021 7:27:59 AM EDT
[#8]
The Missouri General Assembly is not currently in session. A group of Republican legislators sent the governor a letter asking him to call a special session related to vaccine mandates. He declined to do so.

The regular legislative session begins in January and pre-filing of bills starts in December. A number of legislators have already vowed to sponsoor bills to ban vaccine mandates. Missouri has a four-month legislative session and few bills actually make it through the process until later in the spring. You can see all filed bills and track their progress at https://www.senate.mo.gov/legislation/ . You'll start seeing bills for the "Second Regular Session in December."

Link Posted: 10/18/2021 8:45:59 AM EDT
[#9]
I think the AG has a couple of law suits coming up here in Nov. for KC and St Louis.
Link Posted: 10/20/2021 11:48:17 PM EDT
[#10]
I sure hope all of our politicians are enjoying themselves out of session while the people who voted for them are about to lose their jobs.  Texas and Florida politicians must never get a break.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 7:22:51 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I sure hope all of our politicians are enjoying themselves out of session while the people who voted for them are about to lose their jobs.  Texas and Florida politicians must never get a break.
View Quote

The Texas legislature meets in regular session for five months EVERY OTHER year. Florida's legislature meets for 60 days each year.

FWIW, I don't think I've ever heard anyone who follows the Missouri Legislature express a desire to see the session last longer . . . just saying.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 8:12:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The Texas legislature meets in regular session for five months EVERY OTHER year. Florida's legislature meets for 60 days each year.

FWIW, I don't think I've ever heard anyone who follows the Missouri Legislature express a desire to see the session last longer . . . just saying.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm disappointed they are not calling a special session or whatever they need to do to stop people from being pushed out of their jobs. It's going to have an impact on everyone but but especially conservative people on the right. I thought this state would support us the way Florida and Texas have tried. I understand that it may not work there but at least they did something.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 11:23:01 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm disappointed they are not calling a special session or whatever they need to do to stop people from being pushed out of their jobs. It's going to have an impact on everyone but but especially conservative people on the right. I thought this state would support us the way Florida and Texas have tried. I understand that it may not work there but at least they did something.
View Quote

I'm not convinced there's anything a state legislature can do to override an OSHA rule.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 1:55:52 PM EDT
[#14]
We Missourians as a whole outnumber them.
If we could just stop bickering and work together...
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 2:27:39 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The Gov is too busy suing people for pointing out that a state website was showing the social security numbers of a bunch of teachers.
https://krebsonsecurity.com/2021/10/missouri-governor-vows-to-prosecute-st-louis-post-dispatch-for-reporting-security-vulnerability/
View Quote

St Louis is such a shithole. KC is second to St Louis and glad I'm 45 miles out away from KC and in a rural county
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 6:21:35 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

Hard truth time:  

The only thing Texas and Florida are supporting is Abbot's and DeSantis' presidential aspirations.  They know that their efforts are going to fail but they don't care because they're rallying their base, not trying to effect an actual change.

Parsons has no aspirations for the Presidency so he has no reason to push our state congress, and our congressmen don't want to waste time/money/political capital on something that's obviously going to fail.
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 8:58:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

. . .  our congressmen don't want to waste time/money/political capital on something that's obviously going to fail.
View Quote

LOL
Link Posted: 10/21/2021 10:30:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Hard truth time:  

The only thing Texas and Florida are supporting is Abbot's and DeSantis' presidential aspirations.  They know that their efforts are going to fail but they don't care because they're rallying their base, not trying to effect an actual change.

Parsons has no aspirations for the Presidency so he has no reason to push our state congress, and our congressmen don't want to waste time/money/political capital on something that's obviously going to fail.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Hard truth time:  

I would say that both Florida and Texas have done great things to keep their economies running when every possible pressure was on them to shut down. You cannot even start comparing the size of their economies with Missouri. It is easy to claim they are out spoken due to political goals, but it does not make their decisions easy to make. Their decisions could easily fail and when you are going against the grain the cost/benefit math is not in your favor. They are going it alone. It is much easier to become President by being a swamp rat.

Parson has said from day 1, that he was going to be hands off and let local authorities determine local mandates.

It is easy to be negative in this day in age and I get it. However, Missouri only has to worry about Missouri when it comes down to it. Our only responsibility is to Missouri. I would like to see a little clearer messaging against clear federal overreach.

Link Posted: 10/22/2021 2:45:15 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Hard truth time:  

View Quote

Unlike your AG who does have aspirations for the senate and your other senator who does have presidential aspirations...
Link Posted: 10/22/2021 5:52:39 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Unlike your AG who does have aspirations for the senate and your other senator who does have presidential aspirations...
View Quote

It’s a rare elected official who doesn’t have his sights set on a higher office
Link Posted: 10/26/2021 7:05:03 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

And yet St Louis County, St Louis City, and KCMO governments are mandating masks and vaccinations.

That needs to be shot down with a quickness.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 5:04:14 PM EDT
[#22]
Gov. Mike Parson issued an executive order relating to vaccine mandates. As I read it, it doesn't do anything to protect employees of private companies from whatever order OSHA eventually imposes, but state government employees have an out if they claim a religious or medical reason for not getting vaccinated. Pretty weak sauce, really, but it's probably all he could do . . .

https://governor.mo.gov/press-releases/archive/governor-parson-issues-executive-order-21-10-fight-federal-covid-19-vaccine

Read the order

Executive Order 21-10 orders and directs the following actions to oppose the Biden Administration's overreaching federal COVID-19 vaccine mandates:

All agencies, boards, commissions, and other entities within the executive branch of state government are directed to cooperate fully and timely with the Attorney General of the State of Missouri in litigation on behalf of the State of Missouri against any federally imposed COVID-19 vaccine mandate or requirement.
   No agency, board, commission, or other entity within the executive branch of state government shall compel any individual to receive the COVID-19 vaccine according to federal vaccine mandates if the individual objects for religious or medical reasons.
   No agency, board, commission, or other entity within the executive branch of state government shall penalize individuals or businesses for non-compliance with federally imposed COVID-19 vaccine mandates if the individual objects for religious or medical reasons.

View Quote
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 8:26:34 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Gov. Mike Parson issued an executive order relating to vaccine mandates. As I read it, it doesn't do anything to protect employees of private companies from whatever order OSHA eventually imposes, but state government employees have an out if they claim a religious or medical reason for not getting vaccinated. Pretty weak sauce, really, but it's probably all he could do . . .

https://governor.mo.gov/press-releases/archive/governor-parson-issues-executive-order-21-10-fight-federal-covid-19-vaccine

Read the order

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Read the order

Executive Order 21-10 orders and directs the following actions to oppose the Biden Administration's overreaching federal COVID-19 vaccine mandates:

All agencies, boards, commissions, and other entities within the executive branch of state government are directed to cooperate fully and timely with the Attorney General of the State of Missouri in litigation on behalf of the State of Missouri against any federally imposed COVID-19 vaccine mandate or requirement.
   No agency, board, commission, or other entity within the executive branch of state government shall compel any individual to receive the COVID-19 vaccine according to federal vaccine mandates if the individual objects for religious or medical reasons.
   No agency, board, commission, or other entity within the executive branch of state government shall penalize individuals or businesses for non-compliance with federally imposed COVID-19 vaccine mandates if the individual objects for religious or medical reasons.

We seem to read this differently.

Just like gun laws, the federal government has no logistical ability to enforce federal health regulations on a local level. They need the state to enforce their bull shit.

The governor has prohibited state employees from acting in an effort to enforce any such federal regulations. For example, if there is areOSHA rules for this vaccine, no state regulatory agency would be able to use state resources or authority to enforce that rule.

This governor will not mandate vaccines for his state employees and has said as much multiple times.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 8:35:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Just like gun laws, the federal government has no logistical ability to enforce federal health regulations on a local level. They need the state to enforce their bull shit.

The governor has prohibited state employees from acting in an effort to enforce any such federal regulations. For example, if there is areOSHA rules for this vaccine, no state regulatory agency would be able to use state resources or authority to enforce that rule.

This governor will not mandate vaccines for his state employees and has said as much multiple times.
View Quote

I wasn't aware there was ever any suggestion that state employees would be the ones enforcing Biden's vaccine mandate. I assumed it was going to be OSHA. As far as I know, there is no agency of Missouri state government that enforces workplace safety rules at private employers.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 10:53:36 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I wasn't aware there was ever any suggestion that state employees would be the ones enforcing Biden's vaccine mandate. I assumed it was going to be OSHA. As far as I know, there is no agency of Missouri state government that enforces workplace safety rules at private employers.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

While I cannot provide any direct insight to how this may playout within internal memorandums to individual state agencies, I can provide examples of possibilities.
Missouri has a department of labor, which has investigative oversight over OSHA standards. I am sure they are required to report violations to OSHA. Perhaps they would not in this case.
Missouri has an agency(s) which deals with the licensure of professionals in various fields. They might be told that violation of these OSHA standards are not grounds for violations against these licensures.
Missouri holds business licenses through the sec of state. Those licenses can be investigated, penalized and terminated based upon any number of things. I am guessing one of those things will not be non-compliance with these OSHA rules.  
Missouri has a department of Health, which I am sure would be able to complicate all sorts of stuff if directed to do so. I am guessing they will not in this case.
There will never be a federal law which can be applied nationally without the cooperation of states. The feds will always need the states to carry out their wishes and will hold federal funding over their heads in order to get that cooperation.
Link Posted: 10/28/2021 11:03:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

While I cannot provide any direct insight to how this may playout within internal memorandums to individual state agencies, I can provide examples of possibilities.
Missouri has a department of labor, which has investigative oversight over OSHA standards. I am sure they are required to report violations to OSHA. Perhaps they would not in this case.
Missouri has an agency(s) which deals with the licensure of professionals in various fields. They might be told that violation of these OSHA standards are not grounds for violations against these licensures.
Missouri holds business licenses through the sec of state. Those licenses can be investigated, penalized and terminated based upon any number of things. I am guessing one of those things will not be non-compliance with these OSHA rules.  
Missouri has a department of Health, which I am sure would be able to complicate all sorts of stuff if directed to do so. I am guessing they will not in this case.
There will never be a federal law which can be applied nationally without the cooperation of states. The feds will always need the states to carry out their wishes and will hold federal funding over their heads in order to get that cooperation.
View Quote

Let's just say you have a much more expansive view of the workings of Missouri state government than I do.
Link Posted: 10/29/2021 8:45:43 AM EDT
[#27]
At least its a step in the right direction
Just wounder how its going to play out if business start getting fined by the IRS, especially if they are headquartered out of the state. Unfortunately I work in Kansas so this doesn't effect me. I've work for my company long enough that if they do mandate it I'll just retire.
Link Posted: 11/26/2021 11:22:37 PM EDT
[#28]
So no more mask and shut downs ?

Especially now that the new African  variant is just in time for midterms
Link Posted: 12/8/2021 10:16:29 AM EDT
[#31]
I like it. Thanks for posting all of that.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top