Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 10/1/2021 12:40:28 AM EDT
S&W announced they will close facility near Columbia  as part of moving HQ to Tennessee.
Those  New England folks are in for some culture shock.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 6:48:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Interesting, I didn't realize they had a facility here.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 7:13:39 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
S&W announced they will close facility near Columbia  as part of moving HQ to Tennessee.
Those  New England folks are in for some culture shock.
View Quote

I saw where S&W is moving out of Massachusetts, but I had not heard they were moving from Missouri. That Columbia facility is only like two years old. You sure about that? Got a link/source?

ETA: Well, damn, it seems like this is correct . . .

https://ir.smith-wesson.com/news-releases/news-release-details/smith-wesson-relocate-headquarters-tennessee

Smith & Wesson will also close facilities in Connecticut and Missouri as part of consolidating in Tennessee. This process will result in the company reducing the number of locations it maintains from four to three and will significantly streamline its manufacturing and distribution operations . . .

The company's distribution operations in Columbia, Missouri will be moved to the new facility in Maryville, Tennessee, and the Columbia, Missouri facility will be marketed for sublease.  
View Quote
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 10:50:11 AM EDT
[#3]
Man, that sucks.  When they first came I applied for a job there and got an offer, but it wasn't enough to walk away from my state.gov pension that I will be getting in six years.  I sure am glad I didn't take it.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 3:18:38 PM EDT
[#4]
AOB isn't going anywhere, up until last year S&W was under AOB they spun off S&W under it's own company. From the sounds of it they will be moving to firearm distribution to the new TN facility, out of AOB's Columbia location. At least thats my take on it, it's hard to tell exactly what they mean now that AOB and S&W are separate companies.
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 7:43:58 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
AOB isn't going anywhere, up until last year S&W was under AOB they spun off S&W under it's own company. From the sounds of it they will be moving to firearm distribution to the new TN facility, out of AOB's Columbia location. At least thats my take on it, it's hard to tell exactly what they mean now that AOB and S&W are separate companies.
View Quote

What does AOB stand for? Is the the company tied to Midway USA somehow? Tipton, Caldwell eyc?
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 7:50:56 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

What does AOB stand for? Is the the company tied to Midway USA somehow? Tipton, Caldwell eyc?
View Quote

I assume he's referring to American Outdoor Brands
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 8:00:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah American Outdoor Brands, Battenfield(tipton,cadwell,frankford arsenal,etc) split off from Midway in like 2008ish and eventually was bought by S&W, battenfield and all of S&W other non-firearm brands ended up under AOB, in 2020 AOB was spun off from S&W as a separate company. So now AOB is everything under the old S&W umbrella except for S&W it's self, Gemtech, and Thompson Center
Link Posted: 10/1/2021 10:14:37 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:

Yeah American Outdoor Brands, Battenfield(tipton,cadwell,frankford arsenal,etc) split off from Midway in like 2008ish and eventually was bought by S&W, battenfield and all of S&W other non-firearm brands ended up under AOB, in 2020 AOB was spun off from S&W as a separate company. So now AOB is everything under the old S&W umbrella except for S&W it's self, Gemtech, and Thompson Center
View Quote

Battenfield was it.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top