Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/21/2021 5:51:29 PM EDT
Ron Calzone2nd Amendment Missouri
23m  ·
X
BREAKING!  SAPA challenged in Cole County court by the City of St. Louis and St. Louis County.
Case number: 21AC-CC00237
This is actually a good development. SAPA stands on strong constitutional grounds and it will be good to prove it so both Missouri and other states will use the anti-commandeering doctrine more and more to fight federal overreach.
Follow the case on Casenet:
Case.net
courts.mo.gov
Case.net
Notice: Please read court-specific notices. To determine the status of a particular proceeding, please check the case docket entries in Case.net, ask your attorney or contact the local clerks office

Of course it would be the liberal clowns in St, Louis
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 6:10:34 PM EDT
[#1]
SON OF A... So tiresome.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 6:34:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Anyone surprised? Anyone? Anyone?... nope didnt think so.

Would be fun to see them dismissed for lack of standing.
Link Posted: 6/21/2021 10:27:37 PM EDT
[#3]
The government wasting taxpayer money? Shocked I tell you. Completely shocked.
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 2:06:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

View Quote

Absolutely!
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 2:38:02 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

Actually I don't think that would be good.  I would like to see it go to court and the president set by the courts to say it is valid personally.  Actually happy it happened this soon and without someone's name tied to it (like in ks where 2 ppl were trying to make and sell supressors)
Link Posted: 6/22/2021 3:40:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Actually I don't think that would be good.  I would like to see it go to court and the president set by the courts to say it is valid personally.  Actually happy it happened this soon and without someone's name tied to it (like in ks where 2 ppl were trying to make and sell supressors)
View Quote

Well if election fraud cases can be dismissed before, during, and after... then I'm not seeing anything bad about STL city and STL county being told they have no standing due to being unable to show harm, and a dismissal due to state preemption.

I.e. they would have to accept state supremacy over them regarding the law when they're arguing fed supremacy over the state; meaning they're using the same argument to gain standing that they're arguing against. That brings it back to... show harm.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 4:15:30 PM EDT
[#7]
St Louis City & County sued & fought against the CCW law too, stating that it would cost them far more than $100 to issue & renew licenses.

Judge told them to research exactly how much it would cost them and to show their work.
They came back and were unable to show it cost more than $75 to issue/renew CCW permits.
Judge then allowed the rest of the state to charge up to $100 to issue/renew CCW permits as the law was written, but St Louis County and St Louis City could only charge $75.

I’m not surprised, and as another poster mentioned, this is probably a good thing as it’s on strong Constitutional ground and good case law will help other states adopt similar laws.  A block of SAPA States would a great thing IMO.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 4:57:21 PM EDT
[#8]
I guess I read the bill wrong but it was my understanding that SAPA was not to dismiss federal law but was to prevent MO LEO from enforcing federal gun laws and not to help the feds from enforcing federal gun law.
Link Posted: 6/26/2021 5:57:33 PM EDT
[#9]
You read it correctly.
But there simply arent enough Feds to go after people without local (State & Municipal) assistance.
SAPA basically killed that assistance, and added teeth by fining the agencies who did violate the law $25k per instance. 2 officers assisting Feds to prosecute 2 people = $100k fine.

Link Posted: 6/27/2021 8:44:08 AM EDT
[#10]
It seems like it is always the money. St Louis city and county are afraid they will lose free federal money and equipment and will get sued for the $50,000 abuse of the law several times over.
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 9:28:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 6/27/2021 12:43:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
It seems like it is always the money. St Louis city and county are afraid they will lose free federal money and equipment and will get sued for the $50,000 abuse of the law several times over.
View Quote

That's part of it, but they also use any excuse possible to retain their anti-gun stance. Money is just an easy one to claim.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top