User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 6/15/2021 5:41:13 PM EDT
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 5:55:34 PM EDT
[#1]
USPS has systemic problems.  

They should:

Drop delivering anything with less than 1st class postage
Begin delivering every other day [M,W,F or TU, TH, Sa], cut the workforce and vehicle fleet in half

Behave like a business.  

Link Posted: 6/15/2021 6:12:08 PM EDT
[#2]
Is that the free shipping?  Aka smart post?  If yes, that's why.  It only leaves the regional facility in certain days if the week or when they have capacity.   It's like media mail.....slow and capacity dependant.  That's why it's cheap, and offered for "free" to consumers.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 6:23:32 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 8:16:24 PM EDT
[#4]
Fewer sorting facilities means more oddball trips among existing facilities.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 9:28:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
No, the point I was making it bounced back and forth between KCK & KCMO SEVERAL TIMES.
View Quote
Yep, I have that happen to my packages all of the time. They will bounce between the distribution center in down town St Louis and the Blackhole of Hazelwood distribution center several times before some lazy worker finally decides to put it on a truck out to the local post office.

Not only that but they get Wellsville mixed up with Wentzville, Warrenton, and Wright City all of the time. I live in Wellsville and have had packages bounce between the two distribution centers and then to all the other towns I mentioned before getting to me. And of course each town has to send it back to one of the distributions centers before it gets sent back out to me.

And don't get me started on the lazy ass carrier that can't deliver my mail until somewhere between 3:30PM and 6:30PM when the subs can get my mail to me no later than 1:30PM.
Link Posted: 6/15/2021 11:21:41 PM EDT
[#6]
I had a package from midway take two joyrides from Columbia to St. Louis, maybe it got to see the arch, then to the KCK, then to KCMO before going to my local post office.  It'd be funnier if it weren't so pitiful and a waste.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 9:23:46 AM EDT
[#7]
Same experience here. Our local post office employees are the best. Probably because it's a small town and they actually care about doing a good job and we know one another. Even they call Hazlewood the 'Black Hole' and shake their heads every time it is mentioned.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 9:30:08 AM EDT
[#8]
One of the worst was when I ordered some model paint from Mark Twain Hobbies in St Charles, Mo. My package went to St Louis, then to Memphis, then back to St Louis, After it got to St Louis, it then went to Wentzville, then back to St Louis then to Wright City only to go back to St Louis yet again. And yes I have had packages bounce back and forth between St Louis and Kansas City several times before finally getting to me.

When ever I can wait on an item from MidwayUSA, I wait to order and pickup my order when I have to go to Columbia for VA appointments.
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 3:23:12 PM EDT
[#9]
The reason the U.S. Postal Service is losing money is because the check is in the mail...
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 4:24:26 PM EDT
[#10]
Hi,

I ordered a license plate camera on 4-29 on Facebook, it left Chicago on 6-06, and it's still enroute.  I live in a small town, 8 hours away from Chicago, and still waiting.  I agree, cut mail deliveries, stop the junk mail, cut staff and equipment, and only deliver the mail, not the BS stuff
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 4:30:20 PM EDT
[#11]
Hi,

FEDEX is no better.

Friday, March 19, 2021
4:59 PMCassville, MO
Delivered
Left at front door. Signature Service not requested.
3:53 AMJOPLIN, MO
On FedEx vehicle for delivery
3:20 AMJOPLIN, MO
At local FedEx facility
Thursday, March 18, 2021
8:50 PMJOPLIN, MO
Delivery exception
Local weather delay - Delivery not attempted
4:56 AMJOPLIN, MO
On FedEx vehicle for delivery
4:55 AMJOPLIN, MO
At local FedEx facility
1:12 AMKANSAS CITY, MO
Departed FedEx location
Wednesday, March 17, 2021
11:55 PMKANSAS CITY, MO
Arrived at FedEx location
Tuesday, March 16, 2021
7:24 AMKANSAS CITY, MO
In transit
Saturday, March 13, 2021
10:09 PMKANSAS CITY, MO
In transit
9:30 AMKANSAS CITY, MO
In transit
Friday, March 12, 2021
9:23 PMBEECHGROVE, TN
In transit
10:18 AMOCALA, FL
Departed FedEx location
8:10 AMOCALA, FL
Thursday, March 11, 2021
11:13 PMORLANDO, FL
Departed FedEx location
3:42 PMORLANDO, FL
11:24 AM
Shipment information sent to FedEx
12:00 AMORLANDO, FL
Picked up
Link Posted: 6/16/2021 8:52:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I agree, cut mail deliveries, stop the junk mail, cut staff and equipment, and only deliver the mail, not the BS stuff
View Quote

I've been told, by postal workers, that the junk mail is the only thing that keeps them going. Actual mail doesn't pay enough.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 10:52:11 AM EDT
[#13]
I’ve got a $500 package in limbo right now.

Worked from home on Tuesday to sign for it, and now tracking just says “arriving late”.

ETA - well, my package just showed up.

I don’t know how angry I should be about it.

I’ve had packages taken out of my mailbox in the past. Since this was an expensive item I paid the extra $10 to sign for it so it wouldn’t sit in my mail box all day.

My delivery man stuck it in my box and marked it as signed for by me. Yeah, I did not sign for it.

Part of me is glad that they found it and delivered it.

Part of me is pissed that they just stuck it in my box and marked it as signed for when it wasn’t.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 6:19:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 7:47:32 PM EDT
[#15]
Fedex left a pistol at Walgreens since I wasn't at my business to receive it.  Sat on the shelf of the old 1hr photo area until I figured out where the hell it was.
Link Posted: 6/18/2021 10:11:17 PM EDT
[#16]
My FFL is based from their home and FedEx has left multiple guns that I had shipped there on the porch without even bothering to ring the doorbell.  The excuse....COVID 19.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 6:43:45 AM EDT
[#17]
I have a package coming from Joplin that's currently in Oklahoma.
I'm in N. County 4 hours away.
Another from PSA that's in limbo.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 9:28:56 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
No, the point I was making it bounced back and forth between KCK & KCMO SEVERAL TIMES.
View Quote

Probably in a truck and not even touched... scan the whole truck as a single item.
Link Posted: 6/19/2021 9:31:27 AM EDT
[#19]
Of course life was so less stressful when you were told "allow 10 to 14 days for shipping" and not provided a tracking number to check daily/hourly.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top