Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/10/2021 11:56:45 AM EDT
Came out for work at 0630 to find my trailer with both jet skis gone from my driveway. Had locks on the hitch and a vehicle backed behind the trailer. My camera caught some black chick pushing my trailer through the grass and over the curb to a waiting truck.
Guess they had something rigged to haul it away by the chains. They were very quick.

Cameras couldnt catch a plate. I am checking with neighbors now.
Already filed a police report and contacted insurance.

Fucking sucks.

Its truly a blessing that I didn't catch them because im sure they were armed and would have been one hell of a shootout.

I spent so much time, effort and money on that project for my family to have fun this summer.

Only thing I could have done was chain the trailer. Never imagined someone could push it around our vehicles and through the yard.

I think it was the Lords blessing that we didnt wake up and have a confrontation.

Jet skis were a seadoo and wave runner. 90's models.
Stolen out of SKC

Update

Video

https://ring.com/share/41c09bb4-e954-433b-9766-487c4409322f
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 12:58:47 PM EDT
[#1]

Link Posted: 6/10/2021 3:11:24 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm just glad my wife and I arent sitting in a room getting interviewed like a episode of First 48

Eta guy from fb just contacted us saying he saw our shit.
Im loading up and headed there.

I want my pound of flesh. Motherfuckers
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 4:12:02 PM EDT
[#3]
In for AAR
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 4:23:08 PM EDT
[#4]
Don't do ANYTHING that will end up harming your family and you in the long run. NOT WORTH IT!!
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 4:45:44 PM EDT
[#5]
Trail was lost. Probably in a garage or behind a fence.

But the guy that contacted us was spot on with describing my items. Met up with him. He said he kept an AR in his truck too. Probably a member here.

Oh well. Shits gone. Insurance will cover most of it. Im done.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 5:11:03 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 6:01:41 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I fucking HATE thieves!!!

You loot, we shoot!
View Quote

I'm just glad I'm not sitting in South patrol division for shooting people darker than me.

I have the video. Not sure how to post it. It's from our ring camera.

I almost feel relieved I don't have to keep turning wrenches on those machines.

But rather pissed that they not only made off with the jet skis but all the tools I had in them plus the new tow rope and inner tube we bought few days ago. Fuckers even took my daughters plant we had sitting on it so it could get sunshine.

And all the life jackets we just bought.

I am so lucky I did not catch them.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:07:17 PM EDT
[#8]
That sucks man... i really freaking hate thieves. Absolute scum of the earth.
Link Posted: 6/10/2021 11:10:00 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Came out for work at 0630 to find my trailer with both jet skis gone from my driveway. Had locks on the hitch and a vehicle backed behind the trailer. My camera caught some black chick pushing my trailer through the grass and over the curb to a waiting truck.
Guess they had something rigged to haul it away by the chains. They were very quick.

Cameras couldnt catch a plate. I am checking with neighbors now.
Already filed a police report and contacted insurance.

Fucking sucks.

Its truly a blessing that I didn't catch them because im sure they were armed and would have been one hell of a shootout.

I spent so much time, effort and money on that project for my family to have fun this summer.

Only thing I could have done was chain the trailer. Never imagined someone could push it around our vehicles and through the yard.

I think it was the Lords blessing that we didnt wake up and have a confrontation.

Jet skis were a seadoo and wave runner. 90's models.
Stolen out of SKC
View Quote

Do you have video we can share?
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 12:17:29 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm just glad my wife and I are sitting in a room getting interviewed like a episode of First 48

Eta guy from fb just contacted us saying he saw our shit.
Im loading up and headed there.

I want my pound of flesh. Motherfuckers
View Quote

I would contact the detective with the info you received.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 1:56:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Contact the cops and have them sweep the whole area. Have contact info from your new friend so cops can speak to him also. Both your stories will probably convince cops that the location is near and has been identified to get your stuff back.
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 9:48:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Just out of curiosity, what did the truck look like?
Link Posted: 6/11/2021 10:15:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Here is the short 20 second video.

Someone mentioned contacting the detective... when we filed our police report it was to an older white lady who was not a cop but probably more of a secretary and she never even asked to see our video so there is no detective on this case right now.

You can see the truck in the top left of screen turn on head lights and drive over once the trailer was close enough to the street.

The guy who saw them later on said it was a blue f150 and the black bitch was driving it at the time. He even saw her wearing that same doo-rag as in the video.

Link Posted: 6/11/2021 10:42:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Here is the short 20 second video.

Someone mentioned contacting the detective... when we filed our police report it was to an older white lady who was not a cop but probably more of a secretary and she never even asked to see our video so there is no detective on this case right now.

You can see the truck in the top left of screen turn on head lights and drive over once the trailer was close enough to the street.

The guy who saw them later on said it was a blue f150 and the black bitch was driving it at the time. He even saw her wearing that same doo-rag as in the video.

View Quote

If you upload that to YouTube and post the link I can make it shareable.
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 12:10:46 AM EDT
[#15]
Its okay. I dont imagine getting them back. I might throw up if I see them again. Just happy there was no confrontation. I might have burped a few rounds into that chick then moved on to the guy in front of the trailer that was helping pull it.

We lose our freedom...For what? $5k?

Life lesson.

Link Posted: 6/12/2021 8:12:12 PM EDT
[#16]
Sorry to hear OP.

Didn't cattle and horse thieves get shot or hung back in the early days?
Link Posted: 6/12/2021 10:04:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Sorry that sucks
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 2:54:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 6/25/2021 12:50:24 AM EDT
[#19]
I’d look around Longview lake
Or swap n shop
Link Posted: 7/15/2021 12:05:09 PM EDT
[#20]
OP, sorry for your loss of those items, and you're right, it was best not to get into a confrontation with a prepared group who likely had a lookout

in hindsight, what would you have done differently to make it more difficult for them to steal like that?
Link Posted: 7/22/2021 11:05:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Trail was lost. Probably in a garage or behind a fence.

But the guy that contacted us was spot on with describing my items. Met up with him. He said he kept an AR in his truck too. Probably a member here.

Oh well. Shits gone. Insurance will cover most of it. Im done.
View Quote

It's fun to watch the urban-american contingent trying to get their stolen personal watercraft down the boat ramp.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 4:37:04 AM EDT
[#22]
I'd canvass the neighborhood and look for more video cameras on houses or nearby businesses.  Might be able to find one with better footage of the truck.
Link Posted: 7/23/2021 6:36:08 AM EDT
[#23]
Just saw this, got any pictures? I'm in Raytown and have a lot of friends that hang out at the area lakes on weekends including Wyandotte lake. I also have friends that fish the Longview and Blue Springs tournament's every Tuesday and Wednesday nights.

ETA: My enclosed trailer got stolen from my driveway in 2010, I lost around $60k in tools. It was chained and had a coupling lock, never recovered.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top