Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 6/6/2021 11:03:28 AM EDT
Hey All,
looking for a shooting range 50-200 yrd both rifle & pistol. the tacked thread is outdated and google only yielded sounds of freedom ( indoor ) bass pro ( indoor ) and Ozark Shooters Sports Complex which says book a few days in advance ( holy 90's website! ) Any others i'm missing?
thanks
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 12:12:02 PM EDT
[#1]
Andy Dalton

Rifle only to 100 yds.

Freedom Center USA in Lebanon. 1000 yds.

Never been to either one though, have my own place to shoot.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 2:18:44 PM EDT
[#2]
I believe you have to be a member at the 1,000yd range.  I can tell you The Sound of Freedom recently sold.  When I stopped in last week the clerk told me they'd entered 300+ guns into inventory.  They had quite a bit of ammo as well.
Link Posted: 6/6/2021 10:43:33 PM EDT
[#3]
Only thing I could find in that area (never beenthere though).

https://mdc.mo.gov/discover-nature/places/busiek-state-forest-wildlife-area

"Range Name: Shooting range - Busiek
Range ID: 1477
Maintenance Days: Closed Monday
Business Hours: 1/2 hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset unless otherwise posted.
Range Type: Rifle/Pistol
Target Distance: 25,50,100
Disabled Access: No"

Link Posted: 6/6/2021 11:48:57 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Only thing I could find in that area (never beenthere though).

https://mdc.mo.gov/discover-nature/places/busiek-state-forest-wildlife-area

"Range Name: Shooting range - Busiek
Range ID: 1477
Maintenance Days: Closed Monday
Business Hours: 1/2 hour before sunrise to 1/2 hour after sunset unless otherwise posted.
Range Type: Rifle/Pistol
Target Distance: 25,50,100
Disabled Access: No"

View Quote

I've been to Busiek several times and it is the main free outdoor range on the south side of Springfield that I know of. It is a temporary range that has become permanent and so it is rather undeveloped. If you are a fan of manned ranges and worry about the safety skills of unknown people then I would avoid Busiek and go to Andy Dalton or a different range. There are no berms separating the 25, 50, and 100 ranges and it is quite small with only two benches per lane. It fills up quickly during most prime times.

Pleasant Hope (North of Springfield)  has a conservation area range of the same size (and also fairly popular) but it has berms between the ranges.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 5:05:09 PM EDT
[#5]
I think Busiek is closed at the moment because the bridge washed out.
Link Posted: 6/7/2021 10:52:43 PM EDT
[#6]
While I haven’t been personally, I’ve heard horror stories of Busiek so I won’t go there.  

Andy Dalton is good but it’s only 100 yards for rifle.

There is a range in Houston, Mo that I believe is 1000 yards.
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 5:17:52 AM EDT
[#7]
this is going to be a range I'm going to take my small kids to learn to shoot. I prefer not to have some jackass tweaker blasting away. I'd gladly pay more than free.
Thanks for the info all
Link Posted: 6/8/2021 8:50:56 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
this is going to be a range I'm going to take my small kids to learn to shoot. I prefer not to have some jackass tweaker blasting away. I'd gladly pay more than free.
Thanks for the info all
View Quote

Then definitely skip Busiek and Pleasant Hope.   Go straight to Andy Dalton.  It is a great facility and is squared away
Link Posted: 6/23/2021 5:31:06 AM EDT
[#9]
just a heads up for anyone looking to teach there kids to shoot avoid the sound of freedom ( ironic name actually )

was going to take my 8yr old to shoot there  but was denied entry. Was told he's to young to shoot. what a let down
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 12:50:07 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
just a heads up for anyone looking to teach there kids to shoot avoid the sound of freedom ( ironic name actually )

was going to take my 8yr old to shoot there  but was denied entry. Was told he's to young to shoot. what a let down
View Quote

Try bass pro.  I saw a young kid in there shooting with his family.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 8:33:31 AM EDT
[#11]
Andy Dalton is the only place to take a new shooter IMO, unless you have a completely private range.
Link Posted: 6/24/2021 10:00:50 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

Go a little bit further up the road to Gadsden Shooting Center.

They’re a private club and I think there’s a waiting list right now, but it’s run right by some great people. They have shooting bays, a 1000 yards range, and encourage kids to shoot.

Look them up on Facebook and message them.
Link Posted: 6/30/2021 12:46:42 PM EDT
[#13]
When you’re at Andy Dalton, make sure as shit that you’re not printing at all if you CCW. They *will* be fudds about it.  It is a Fudd range, staffed by Fudds, frequented by Fudds.

As a teaching environment, it might be ok, but for fun, I still go to busick or Pleasant Hope.  Any range you go to is going to have idiots, and I honestly believe a lot of the ones about the unmanned ranges in the area a blown way out of proportion. I’ve been going to those unmanned ranges for years and the worst I’ve dealt with is tweaked brass bandits who weren’t shooting, just trying to get brass scrap.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top