Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 5/17/2021 3:20:16 PM EDT
Are any of you seeing or expecting shortages???

No, I'm not neckbearding or buying it all out.

I ask because over the weekend my two step sons, somewhat preppers and each out on their own, each went and bought (8) 5 Gallon cans and then filled them.  I'm guessing mostly because of the nation wide gas shortages...  
Not sure where they found (16) 5 gallon cans.

My wife txted me this morning and was telling me about this.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 4:05:12 PM EDT
[#1]
I've been all over our corner of the state, and in the Collinsville IL area over the last week. Prices are up everywhere but I haven't seen any issues with availability.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 4:46:25 PM EDT
[#2]
None that I've seen in the KC area.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 5:36:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Are any of you seeing or expecting shortages???

No, I'm not neckbearding or buying it all out.

I ask because over the weekend my two step sons, somewhat preppers and each out on their own, each went and bought (8) 5 Gallon cans and then filled them.  I'm guessing mostly because of the nation wide gas shortages...  
Not sure where they found (16) 5 gallon cans.

My wife txted me this morning and was telling me about this.
View Quote

Maybe they didn't hear about it when it happened...seems a little late to be filling up and it higher prices.  Also, CP only got hacked on their billing system, not the infrastructure that was reported....(which is BS that story was not corrected sooner).  CP shut down the pipe line, because they didn't know how to properly bill for the gas, until their bill server was brought back online.  

I think the cost of it as only gone up like 40 cents a gallon.....I just know it got up to $2.80 or so...I think it was in the $2.40 range before that story broke.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 5:39:28 PM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 5:55:36 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
The shortages were due to the shutdown of a pipeline that served the southeastern seaboard states. It's over now, but shouldn't have effected supplies here anyhow.

That is unless there is some new crisis I'm unaware of!
View Quote

This is what I was thinking.
Link Posted: 5/17/2021 5:56:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I've been all over our corner of the state, and in the Collinsville IL area over the last week. Prices are up everywhere but I haven't seen any issues with availability.
View Quote

Good news, sorta...  :)
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top