Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 3/24/2021 10:15:09 PM EDT
It is that time again! If you enjoy hiking in the woods carrying 45lbs of weight for no reason other than to challenge yourself and hang out with like minded people then get yourself to central Missouri on April 3rd. We are doing a 6 mile hike in Lead Mine Conservation Area April 3rd at 10 AM. This will be conducted to the standard APC hiking conditions so we should be completed by noon with cool down and possible orienteering (Land Navigation) exercise to follow.

Standard Hiking Conditions:
35lbs pack (dry weight, excluding water) + long gun
 OR
45lbs pack (dry weight, excluding water)
Extra web gear like PC, or chest rig, etc do not count as pack weight

Camping:
Several people will be camping out the night before and are planning on doing a night hike under night vision (or not) as the case may be sans packs/weight (Friday 4/2). Good times hanging out around the campfire is to be expected.

Lead Mine Conservation Area (https://nature.mdc.mo.gov/discover-nature/places/lead-mine-conservation-area)
Detailed camping/meetup location:

The plan is still to meet at the main campground in leadmine for both the camp and hike starting location. MDC has been doing some controlled burns this week in the conservation area and have been closing portions of the trails and roads to do so. As it stands right now, it appears that the main campground and our planned hiking route is open. If we find that is not the case tomorrow then we will have to be flexible. If you are coming be sure to monitor this thread for updates or email [email protected] so we can keep you informed of any changes.

Directions:

Camping location:

For non-arfcom contact with us you can use [email protected]
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 11:19:49 PM EDT
[#1]
Attachment Attached File

Awww yeah!
Link Posted: 3/24/2021 11:28:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 1:48:56 AM EDT
[#3]
Kid friendly?  

Link Posted: 3/25/2021 10:34:29 AM EDT
[#4]
I'm interested.  I'll have to see what my family is doing, since that's Easter weekend.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 1:51:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Kid friendly?  

View Quote

Its not kid unfriendly.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 2:35:08 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Its not kid unfriendly.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kid friendly?  

Its not kid unfriendly.

We're all kind of ugly so it may be scary for younger kids

I'd say lead mine is maybe intermediate, difficulty wise. Other than that we can behave for kids.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 3:44:28 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I'd say lead mine is maybe intermediate, difficulty wise. Other than that we can behave for kids.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kid friendly?  

Its not kid unfriendly.

Then it'd be a welcome break from my ugly mug.  Little bastards could use the exercise

Gonna try to make it.
Link Posted: 3/25/2021 9:38:54 PM EDT
[#8]
Dang I wish it was the following weekend.
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 7:43:01 AM EDT
[#9]
I will be there! Camping as well
Link Posted: 3/29/2021 8:09:51 AM EDT
[#10]
We already had plans for the weekend

Please keep me in mind for the next one though.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 12:28:28 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I will be there! Camping as well
View Quote

If you're coming I'm staying home
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 3:10:43 AM EDT
[#12]
I see that there is a shooting range there. 25, 50, & 100yd.  Possibilities for anything longer in the area?

Never been there.
Link Posted: 3/31/2021 6:13:11 AM EDT
[#13]
No woodxdm's allowed
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 12:11:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I see that there is a shooting range there. 25, 50, & 100yd.  Possibilities for anything longer in the area?

Never been there.
View Quote

Never been to the range at Lead Mine and I don't know of any ranges near there
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 3:09:44 PM EDT
[#15]
I'm unfortunately not going make it now. I get to help my exwife escape an abusive relationship & since she's got the kids half the time.
Link Posted: 4/1/2021 6:06:09 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm unfortunately not going make it now. I get to help my exwife escape an abusive relationship & since she's got the kids half the time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Sad to hear that, for everyone involved

For anyone else who is coming:

Lead Mine Conservation Area (https://nature.mdc.mo.gov/discover-nature/places/lead-mine-conservation-area)
Detailed camping/meetup location:

The plan is still to meet at the main campground in leadmine for both the camp and hike starting location. MDC has been doing some controlled burns this week in the conservation area and have been closing portions of the trails and roads to do so. As it stands right now, it appears that the main campground and our planned hiking route is open. If we find that is not the case tomorrow then we will have to be flexible. If you are coming be sure to monitor this thread for updates or email [email protected] so we can keep you informed of any changes.

Directions:

Camping location:

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top