Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 2/27/2021 2:07:11 AM EDT
NOT related to my other thread.   If an employee is assaulted and battered by a customer, can the employer force/coerce the employee to NOT press charges against the customer?

Edit:  Not related to my other thread, but it is the same employer...
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 3:13:17 PM EDT
[#1]
What type of business is this? Sounds like it's time to find a new employer...Geesh!
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 5:24:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Lol, no. I also am not a lawyer and have no idea, but that sounds illegal to me and grounds for a lawsuit.
Link Posted: 2/27/2021 6:36:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
What type of business is this? Sounds like it's time to find a new employer...Geesh!
View Quote

I hear ya... its not my employer but if I divulge what kind of business it is, I'll be going too far with saying things in a public forum.  For now.
Link Posted: 2/28/2021 2:58:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Not a lawyer....

The only thing an employer can "force" someone to do is only limited by what the employee will allow.

As for if they have legal standing in a criminal case, I'd have to say no way.
Link Posted: 3/1/2021 1:57:31 PM EDT
[#5]
Absolutely not. It would be considered coersion(sp) by a person in power. It would be either a mistrial or thrown out in court by the opposing side.

I'm not a lawyer, but watching cop/law shows do have a few true facts thrown in.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top